• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
I want to replace the chairs through. They are both hand me downs from my parents.

Dick Whitman

Oct 30, 2017
Thinking about adding something like this to the left of my desk. Thoughts?

Renderings__0003_Tall_-_White.jpg

29ZbuJP.jpg

Last edited:

Golden

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 9, 2018
Anyone who sells you a shelf like that is literally laughing at you behind your back. There must be 200 for markup vs cost of materials.
what would possess you to consider buying something like that for that price? The design is totally basic, and the shelves look cheap. You could probably pay a carpenter to melt you some bespoke shelves for less.

Resident Guru

Oct 28, 2017
Mp4nDSp.jpg

eRfn7zL.jpg

My child friendly setup. Speakers are located behind the mesh covering in the cabinets. The wire rack is tucked behind the cabinet.

LG OLED 65" B7A
Marantz SR6010 Receiver
Bowers and Wilkins CM6 S2 Speakers with CM Centre S2 and ASW10 CM S2 Subwoofer
Sennheiser HD800 Headphones
Gaming PC 9900k 2080 Ti in a Meshify C Case
PS4 Pro
Xbox One X Scorpio Edition
Nintendo Switch

Last edited:

Kolibri

Nov 6, 2017
Going to be moving soon but this is currently where the magic happens

LQIfizB.jpg
Your place is incredible! I really dig the carpet, and I'm a big fan of those warm earthy colours (beige, brown, etc) as a base, combined with splashes of colour here and there so it doesn't look boring (for which the plants also help, of course). Hope your new place has many big windows like this place, 'cause all that light is sweet.

Damn, some of you are living the dream.

My living room setup after a big makeover:

T7EDzxN.jpg

My PC setup is a mess, so no picture until I'l figure it out.
running the pc from one side of the room to the tv on the other at the minute for some reason

lyKDZZI.jpg

kNqtOeB.jpg
Both of your places look super cozy. They are very neat and organised, but not 'sterile,' if that makes sense.
Also great use of the available space!

I need to clean the room, that why I was hesitant to even post it. I removed the pictures.
For what it's worth: I really appreciate you sharing, and that's a great collection! I like the way you display your Game Boy games.

I have my gaming space split into two areas: the extra room where I keep everything and the main living space where I play it.

Some pics of the game room:
XcKVDXa.png

I bought the cabinet in the corner 5 years ago half broken. Did some work on it and got another year or two of life out of it but the monitor barely works anymore, sadly. I can provide closer up pictures of the shelves if anyone's interested but I didn't want to fill this up with 20 pictures.

The biggest change since last year is I got a newer cabinet. This thing is a dream.
EYMiiNm.png
This is dope as hell. I would love to get myself an arcade cabinet (or pinball machine, for that matter) sometime. Shame about that monitor.
Btw, I'd definitely enjoy seeing a bit more of those shelves... 20 might be overkill tho ;)

Wow, incredibly clean. How do you handle your cable management? I assume there's a power outlet right behind your monitors? But then I still have literally no clue how your monitors are connected to your PC :P

Thinking about adding something like this to the left of my desk. Thoughts?

Renderings__0003_Tall_-_White.jpg

29ZbuJP.jpg
Very nice place!
"something like that" I think would work well. It seems like it'd fit perfectly between your desk and window, while not blocking much sunlight.
I'll agree with the people saying that almost €700 is way too expensive for something like that, so if you're asking about that specific one, I'd advise against it.

RenorMirshann

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
Poland
Both of your places look super cozy. They are very neat and organised, but not 'sterile,' if that makes sense.
Also great use of the available space!

Thanks for the compliments, really appreciate the kind words! That room is bigger than it looks in the photo, there's a bed, dinner table and a dedicated bookshelf. Now I only need another shelf for the games (in the proces of trimming my collection so it will fit in one place).

Chrno

Oct 25, 2017
I spent like 30 mins looking at local craftsman prices and there's no way anyone would build me something like that dude's shelf for less than $1,000 lol.

Y'all wildin'

Last edited:

Dick Whitman

Oct 30, 2017
Which desk do you have? I'm looking for a nice white desk. Yours looks like it has some cable management and adjustable height built-in.

It's the Jarvis desk from Ergo Depot, and yeah mine is height adjustable and has two cable management trays installed in the back.
Very nice place!
"something like that" I think would work well. It seems like it'd fit perfectly between your desk and window, while not blocking much sunlight.
I'll agree with the people saying that almost €700 is way too expensive for something like that, so if you're asking about that specific one, I'd advise against it.

Thanks and yeah I was asking strictly if something like that would work next to my desk but a lot of people got distracted by the price of the unit I linked instead. I actually have the platform bed from FLOYD and can attest to the design, quality, etc. of their furniture but will probably look elsewhere for a bookcase/shelving system.

I spent like 30 mins looking at local craftsman prices and there's no way anyone would build me something like that dude's shelf for less than $1,000 lol.

Y'all wildin'

Lol yeah no idea where I would find a local craftsman near me, let alone one that could build a shelving unit for less than the price of the one I linked earlier.

Last edited:

bodine1231

Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Spent a full day consolidating all my game stuff into one room,wish I could fit my other cab in there but its nice to have everything close together.

z6JNaIJ.jpg

f2zdiAt.jpg

MsrwL5d.jpg

h8ghoHQ.jpg

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
Mp4nDSp.jpg

eRfn7zL.jpg

My child friendly setup. Speakers are located behind the mesh covering in the cabinets. The wire rack is tucked behind the cabinet.

LG OLED 65" B7A
Marantz SR6010 Receiver
Bowers and Wilkins CM6 S2 Speakers with CM Centre S2 and ASW10 CM S2 Subwoofer
Sennheiser HD800 Headphones
Gaming PC 9900k 2080 Ti in a Meshify C Case
PS4 Pro
Xbox One X Scorpio Edition
Nintendo Switch
Where did you get the plastic that goes over the wired shelves? I have the same shelving but never considered to do what you did until I just saw your pictures. I would definitely want to put my PC on the Wire rack.

eosos

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Looks great! LOVE that TV stand, do you have a link to it? Also I noticed you mounted your Beam—I currently have mine sitting on my TV stand because I didn't think I'd like the way it looks mounted (but I was wrong lol). Is the bass response reduced on the wall?
Thanks! Yeah here's a link to the stand: https://www.allmodern.com/furniture/pdp/ranburne-tv-stand-for-tvs-up-to-65-inches-a000135030.html

I don't think the bass is reduced, but didn't really try it out not mounted. And I also hooked up a separate sub through the Sonos connect so it bumps pretty loud when I want it to!

Resident Guru

Oct 28, 2017
Where did you get the plastic that goes over the wired shelves? I have the same shelving but never considered to do what you did until I just saw your pictures. I would definitely want to put my PC on the Wire rack.
The shelves I bought came with them. However you can purchase them separately from Amazon, you would just need to make sure to measure for the correct dimensions of your rack.

Delphine

Fen'Harel Enansal
Administrator
Mar 30, 2018
France
Here's my PC gaming setup, which I'm quite satisfied with knowing how tiny my flat is. I'll get a dual-screen as soon as I move to a bigger one, but for now, it'll do, and I'm satisfied with it!

9B7PhTG.jpg

lOWNEmC.jpg

PYojoL9.jpg

b5LP90K.jpg

I can't be arsed to share pictures of the PS4/Switch gaming setup yet, but will do at some point. It's nothing special though, just a big TV and some amiibos.

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Boston, MA, United States
Here's my PC gaming setup, which I'm quite satisfied with knowing how tiny my flat is. I'll get a dual-screen as soon as I move to a bigger one, but for now, it'll do, and I'm satisfied with it!

9B7PhTG.jpg

lOWNEmC.jpg

PYojoL9.jpg

b5LP90K.jpg

I can't be arsed to share pictures of the PS4/Switch gaming setup yet, but will do at some point. It's nothing special though, just a big TV and some amiibos.

This is incredible. More desks with table clothes please.

Mr_Mondee

Nov 23, 2017
Working_Stiff

How is the ventilation in that room? Looking at your pics again, I don't see a ceiling fan or any other cooling. I imagine it gets quite hot in there?

Great use of space here. Looks good. What are the specs on your PC, and what case is that?

Sorry, i've only see your question now!

Case is a InWin A1 Plus.

PC Specs:
Ryzen 7 3700X
ROG STRIX B450-I Gaming
RTX 2080 Super Founder's Edition
G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600 CL16 @ 3800 CL16 (1900MHZ IF)
250GB Samsung 970 Evo NVMe
1TB Samsung 860 Evo
NZXT M22 (Yikes - Replacing it with a Dark Rock 4 or Cryorig H7 QL as it's awful)
4x InWin Sirius Loop ASL120 Fans

Peripherals:
Razer RGB Stand
Hyperx Cloud Alpha Wireless Headphones
Razer Levianthan 5.1 Surround Sound Soundbar
Razer Mamba Wireless Mouse
Razer Huntsman Elite Keyboard
Asus ROG Swift PG278Q (Replacing it with ROG Strix XG279Q when it's released)
Glorious PC Gaming Extended Mouse Pad
Xbox Wireless Controller + Stand

I know you just asked the PC specs, however this answers any possible questions regarding what gear i may be using :)

Last edited:

Pelao

Banned
Jan 7, 2020
Chile
My room.
Pretty plain looking, I'm not too much into decorations. Is not very big but at least I have enough space to play psvr while standing.

49" LG 4K TV.
Consoles currently hooked up: PS3 (Behind the TV), PS4 Pro, Switch, Xbox one X.
Also off-camera, next to my desk there's a table with my steering wheel always ready to occupy the empty space in front of my TV.

Don't mind Jesus peeking from behind the router.

fuqFuxH.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
Loving the posters, care to share where you got them? Need that Castlevania and Ninja Gaiden.
It seems a bit expensive and I've never dealt with this site/business but this looks like an option at least...

----------------------------------------
Edit: I would definitely look into this site in some way before ordering as it seems a bit suspect. It may be perfectly fine but it seems a bit bare-bones...no user reviews, etc.

Last edited:

Shoes

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Finally time to post my setup instead of just gawking at everyone else's pristine setups. Excuse the lighting, photography is not my strong suit.

tmuiGgg.jpg

4JI7Y87.jpg

Slim

Banned
Sep 24, 2018
Posting my theater room right now as it's clean. Had to cater t he room for children so kept it simple. I have my desktop/pc setup on the other room behind the screen. Will post when I clean it up.

Entrance
fI4JCQE.jpg

Screen, Consoles, in wall speakers, Sub
aPMoZTI.jpg

Close up
BAT7FFm.jpg

Tried to keep the wiring as clean as possible but very difficult with so many systems
DzQGTNF.jpg

Atoms speakers, rear speakers and projector. Trustee Benq W1070 still going strong
2eN5i4m.jpg

Couches
zuy1vUF.jpg

Side view
ooJCGgl.jpg

W1070 in action
fy4MW2W.jpg
Best one yet

ShinJohnpv

Oct 25, 2017
Since I made some changes and additions/subtractions over the past year or so I thought I would add to this thread. I like to have everything accessable and playable, so a lot of it is just making sure everything is plugged in and ready to go. I work with what I can since the room is kind of set up weird with 2 door ways into the next room.

This is the main area
49446766617_2de273b841_h.jpg

and a close up of some of the stuff on top.

49446066948_d9bf65813c_h.jpg

Then off to the side is where the majority of the consoles live.

49446545151_9465c3115a_h.jpg

Virtual Boy has a vitualtap in it so it can be plugged in and played on the tv.

I love my shmups, specially vertical ones so I need the TV to be able to rotate into place for that action. This is actually an older pic, but it should get the idea across.

39345111245_f8c494ca1d_h.jpg

This is the PC that lives on the side for some light PC gaming, streaming, and using youtube and other media stuff on the tv. It has an old ass AMD FX8370 in it, with 16 gigs of ram and I believe a GTX 970. It also has a few of my wireless controllers plugged into it for charging, and a Pi 4 lives over here as well. For a few arcade games.

49449824823_c5c0f083fa_h.jpg

My wife got really into Disney Infinity Figures, and the game, I got a lot of amiibos.

49450305166_e62c5f65f0_h.jpg

49450305081_4a38357b39_h.jpg

And lastly this is my chart for how everything is wired up and feeding into the tv and capture devices. I keep different calibrations on my TV for gaming, and for UHD HDR movies and such, so I switch inputs on the tv based on what I'm doing. My receiver allows for 3 HDMI outputs so 2 go to the TV, for these different inputs, and 1 goes to a capture device.

49446545561_3aab691cc2_h.jpg