• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KingOfIceland

Oct 28, 2017
Iceland
And lastly this is my chart for how everything is wired up and feeding into the tv and capture devices. I keep different calibrations on my TV for gaming, and for UHD HDR movies and such, so I switch inputs on the tv based on what I'm doing. My receiver allows for 3 HDMI outputs so 2 go to the TV, for these different inputs, and 1 goes to a capture device.

49446545561_3aab691cc2_h.jpg
Now this is the kinda stuff I want to see from these sorts of threads. I might make something similar in the future, what program did you use to make this chart?

Laevateinn

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
Since I made some changes and additions/subtractions over the past year or so I thought I would add to this thread. I like to have everything accessable and playable, so a lot of it is just making sure everything is plugged in and ready to go. I work with what I can since the room is kind of set up weird with 2 door ways into the next room.

This is the main area
49446766617_2de273b841_h.jpg

and a close up of some of the stuff on top.

49446066948_d9bf65813c_h.jpg

Then off to the side is where the majority of the consoles live.

49446545151_9465c3115a_h.jpg

Virtual Boy has a vitualtap in it so it can be plugged in and played on the tv.

I love my shmups, specially vertical ones so I need the TV to be able to rotate into place for that action. This is actually an older pic, but it should get the idea across.

39345111245_f8c494ca1d_h.jpg

This is the PC that lives on the side for some light PC gaming, streaming, and using youtube and other media stuff on the tv. It has an old ass AMD FX8370 in it, with 16 gigs of ram and I believe a GTX 970. It also has a few of my wireless controllers plugged into it for charging, and a Pi 4 lives over here as well. For a few arcade games.

49449824823_c5c0f083fa_h.jpg

My wife got really into Disney Infinity Figures, and the game, I got a lot of amiibos.

49450305166_e62c5f65f0_h.jpg

49450305081_4a38357b39_h.jpg

And lastly this is my chart for how everything is wired up and feeding into the tv and capture devices. I keep different calibrations on my TV for gaming, and for UHD HDR movies and such, so I switch inputs on the tv based on what I'm doing. My receiver allows for 3 HDMI outputs so 2 go to the TV, for these different inputs, and 1 goes to a capture device.

You know it's good when it requires a diagram. Great stuff.

ShinJohnpv

Oct 25, 2017
Now this is the kinda stuff I want to see from these sorts of threads. I might make something similar in the future, what program did you use to make this chart?
You know it's good when it requires a diagram. Great stuff.

Thanks guys!

I used a website called draw.io. It was pretty easy and intuitive to use, and it saves directly to my google drive, which makes it easy to access. Also has an easy way of exporting to an image file or tons of other formats as well.

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
So I posted my setup back on the 10th and after some reflecting, I ended up scrapping the layout and redoing it. I move some things out and bought some new stuff in and I am honestly way happier then what I previously posted.

zRiE21N.jpg

zbArzqH.jpg

OJ3QaPL.jpg

02Lh0zz.jpg

I know there room for improvement as the couch and chair are both hand me downs that are in needing of replacement, but other then that I am very happy with how it looks now.

FaffEra

Chicken Chaser
Nov 8, 2017
UK
So I posted my setup back on the 10th and after some reflecting, I ended up scrapping the layout and redoing it. I move some things out and bought some new stuff in and I am honestly way happier then what I previously posted.

zRiE21N.jpg

zbArzqH.jpg

OJ3QaPL.jpg

02Lh0zz.jpg

I know there room for improvement as the couch and chair are both hand me downs that are in needing of replacement, but other then that I am very happy with how it looks now.
Your pics were always awesome and you've got great stuff. I'm glad you're happy to show off your setup now.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Since I made some changes and additions/subtractions over the past year or so I thought I would add to this thread. I like to have everything accessable and playable, so a lot of it is just making sure everything is plugged in and ready to go. I work with what I can since the room is kind of set up weird with 2 door ways into the next room.

This is the main area

I love my shmups, specially vertical ones so I need the TV to be able to rotate into place for that action. This is actually an older pic, but it should get the idea across.

This is the PC that lives on the side for some light PC gaming, streaming, and using youtube and other media stuff on the tv. It has an old ass AMD FX8370 in it, with 16 gigs of ram and I believe a GTX 970. It also has a few of my wireless controllers plugged into it for charging, and a Pi 4 lives over here as well. For a few arcade games.

My wife got really into Disney Infinity Figures, and the game, I got a lot of amiibos.

What's that thing labeled "Audio Norm" you have the GBA Consolizer plugged into?

Jan 31, 2019

This is the main area

Holy cow

talkingood

Oct 27, 2017

This is the main area

Sorry, amazing set-up obviously, but I can't help myself but to ask--those aren't original Donald Duck/Mickey Mouse strips, are they?

starblue

Oct 28, 2017
When I was living in Europe (few month ago) this was my little setup.

p2xV3yR.jpg

Now in japan I don't have any setup, only Switch Lite and one game...

ShinJohnpv

Oct 25, 2017
What's that thing labeled "Audio Norm" you have the GBA Consolizer plugged into?

That is a J-Tech HDMI Audio extractor/converter. The GBA Consolizer puts out a weird audio signal, and running the signal through this seems to normalize the audio signal so that my receiver and tv accept it. This is it

I was tipped off to it from MLiG's GBA Consolizer video.

Sorry, amazing set-up obviously, but I can't help myself but to ask--those aren't original Donald Duck/Mickey Mouse strips, are they?

Thanks! Yes they are. A business part of my Dad's had given them to him, and he gave them to me. This was back when I was like 10 or so and already knew I wanted to be an animator.

Deleted member 135

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That is a J-Tech HDMI Audio extractor/converter. The GBA Consolizer puts out a weird audio signal, and running the signal through this seems to normalize the audio signal so that my receiver and tv accept it. This is it

I was tipped off to it from MLiG's GBA Consolizer video.

Thanks! Yes they are. A business part of my Dad's had given them to him, and he gave them to me. This was back when I was like 10 or so and already knew I wanted to be an animator.
I wonder if that will work for the EON GameCube HDMI converter v1. My TV doesn't like the audio signal and causes it to cut in and out every 30 seconds or so.

Do you just run it straight through the HDMI or do you send the optical to your receiver?

Tankshell

Nov 1, 2017
Not much has changed in our lounge since my 2019 post, but here are some shots of my newly finished home office/battlestation setup...

First some moody night shots, because everybody likes a bit of LED lighting:
xYEvdT3.jpg

BsUVMW2.jpg

GLuMq2E.jpg

This cabinet is where I keep all my network gear, and my VR gaming gear. That's a DK1 Kickstarter backer card, signed by the (then) Oculus team:
kjJt20T.jpg

Mass Effect 3 "Earth Alliance" limited edition oversized lithograph (signed by artist, 1/500):
zYdLWug.jpg

Here is how it looks by day:
p1GLuqx.jpg

uMfBMh8.jpg

More photos in this Imgur album depicting various other lighting schemes.

Some details:

I'm currently migrating my PC to a new case and replacing some older components but, currently it is:
  • Coolermaster Cosmos S (amazing case, lasted me 10 years, but upgrading to a c700m soon)
  • ASUS ROG Strix X99 Gaming mobo
  • Intel i7 6850k @ 4.3Ghz
  • EVGA 2080Ti Black Edition
  • 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR
  • Corsair H115i Liquid CPU cooler
  • Corsair HX 850i PSU
Peripherals:
  • Razer Chroma Blackwidow V2 keyboard
  • Razer Chroma Goliathus Extended mouse mat
  • Razer Chroma Basilisk Ultimate wireless mouse
  • Razer Chroma Base Station
  • Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless headset
  • Elgato Stream Deck

The space itself is an outbuilding recently purpose converted for use as my home office. Whilst installing the networking I added a couple of additional 35m cat6a runs back to the house, so that a 4K HDR video/audio signal with usb (for wireless controllers, peripherals etc.) could be piped back over Ethernet to our living room, for comfy couch gaming on a large screen 4K Projector setup. It works great, no noticeable lag introduced.

The whole thing is lit using Philips Hue, and synced to the current desktop wallpaper/app... so the ambiance/mood is constantly changing in the room (although of course that can be set to a static lighting scheme too).

All Razer Chroma peripherals also sync in the same way.

Voice control over most a/v and lighting aspects via Alexa and Harmony.

The cabinets are a mixture of Ikea Besta units, the desktop is supplied from Worktop Express and then cut to size and wall mounted for the floating effect.

Did all the work myself apart from the initial plasterboard skimming.

I posted this on /r/battlestations the other day.

Last edited:

ShinJohnpv

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if that will work for the EON GameCube HDMI converter v1. My TV doesn't like the audio signal and causes it to cut in and out every 30 seconds or so.

Do you just run it straight through the HDMI or do you send the optical to your receiver?

I just run it straight through, I forget off hand what I have the EDID Switch set to, it might be 2ch but I don't remember. I'll have to check later. Seemingly just running it straight through seems to be enough to normalize the audio.

HanSoloCup

Oct 27, 2017
Richmond, VA
I decided to upgrade the crappy TV stand we bought from Target 10 years ago, and built a custom one this last year. I was also able to convince the wife to upgrade to a 55" TCL Series 6. This is as good as it will get until I finish my attic or shed and have a dedicated gaming space.

Before

J27cAb5.jpg

After

aQ0LCU5.jpg

Rex_DX

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Boston, MA, United States
I decided to upgrade the crappy TV stand we bought from Target 10 years ago, and built a custom one this last year. I was also able to convince the wife to upgrade to a 55" TCL Series 6. This is as good as it will get until I finish my attic or shed and have a dedicated gaming space.

Before

J27cAb5.jpg

After

aQ0LCU5.jpg

Thats one hell of an upgrade! Now you just need one more console for the missing cubby.

MakgSnake

Dec 18, 2019
Canada
Same lol, I'm stuck in a tiny bedroom with way too much junk to be taking pictures of it. Least it inspires me to move out this year and make something special.
To be honest. It is all about where you feel comfy while gaming - So big setups doesn't mean its good or more fun. I am sooo sure your and other guy's setup is excellent super awesome too. :)

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
Is that a retrobit controller? How does it compare to the m30? I currently have the bluetooth m30 and while it's nice, mine for some reason has a squeaky dpad when pressing too hard.

To be honest. It is all about where you feel comfy while gaming - So big setups doesn't mean its good or more fun. I am sooo sure your and other guy's setup is excellent super awesome too. :)
We have this dedicated game/movie room set up at home (4k, 5.1 and all that. Already posted here), but I somehow find myself using our living room more which only has a 1080p TV and a soundbar. I even ended up moving my Steam Link here so I could stream my PC to it.

GwZF8Bv.jpg

Last edited:

HanSoloCup

Oct 27, 2017
Richmond, VA
Thats one hell of an upgrade! Now you just need one more console for the missing cubby.

I now have my PSVR processing unit and a charge station for controllers there. It works really great, since I can hookup the VR in less than a minute now.

That Tv stand looks great, real sturdy piece of furniture. How do you access the vinyl player though? does it slide out?

It didn't at first, but I've built a sliding tray for it to sit on now. It was a pain to figure out, but it works nicely.

ShinJohnpv

Oct 25, 2017
Incredible. Thanks for indulging me, I adore original comic strip art so I just love seeing it displayed. Great stuff!

Thanks! I love them, they've been displayed since I got them some 30 years ago.

Is that a retrobit controller? How does it compare to the m30? I currently have the bluetooth m30 and while it's nice, mine for some reason has a squeaky dpad when pressing too hard.

It's great I'm really happy with it. The only issue I ran into with it was updating its firmware, the USB cable that was included with it didn't work but thankfully another one did. I love the M30s as well though and haven't had any issue with them. I've gone for the 2.4ghz versions of both.

ss_lemonade

Oct 27, 2017
It's great I'm really happy with it. The only issue I ran into with it was updating its firmware, the USB cable that was included with it didn't work but thankfully another one did. I love the M30s as well though and haven't had any issue with them. I've gone for the 2.4ghz versions of both.
Interesting. I wonder if I just got a bad controller.

Nice pics btw. Thanks to seeing that pic of your TV rotated, I just realized I could use my old PC monitor as a dedicated Switch display (especially when it only really needs a 1080p display) and rotate it if needed for supported games.
8ouqWY4.jpg

No idea why I never thought of that before lol.

AcridMeat

Oct 26, 2017

We have this dedicated game/movie room set up at home (4k, 5.1 and all that. Already posted here), but I somehow find myself using our living room more which only has a 1080p TV and a soundbar. I even ended up moving my Steam Link here so I could stream my PC to it.

GwZF8Bv.jpg
Which coffee table is that? Looks about the same dimensions as I need. Nice cozy set up.

ABeezy1388

Apr 5, 2018
Not much has changed in our lounge since my 2019 post, but here are some shots of my newly finished home office/battlestation setup...

xYEvdT3.jpg

BsUVMW2.jpg

GLuMq2E.jpg

This cabinet is where I keep all my network gear, and my VR gaming gear. That's a DK1 Kickstarter backer card, signed by the (then) Oculus team:
kjJt20T.jpg

Mass Effect 3 "Earth Alliance" limited edition oversized lithograph (signed by artist, 1/500):
zYdLWug.jpg

p1GLuqx.jpg

uMfBMh8.jpg

Some details:

I'm currently migrating my PC to a new case and replacing some older components but, currently it is:
  • Coolermaster Cosmos S (amazing case, lasted me 10 years, but upgrading to a c700m soon)
  • Corsair HX 850i PSU
Peripherals:
  • Elgato Stream Deck

The space itself is an outbuilding recently purpose converted for use as my home office. Whilst installing the networking I added a couple of additional 35m cat6a runs back to the house, so that a 4K HDR video/audio signal with usb (for wireless controllers, peripherals etc.) could be piped back over Ethernet to our living room, for comfy couch gaming on a large screen 4K Projector setup. It works great, no noticeable lag introduced.

The whole thing is lit using Philips Hue, and synced to the current desktop wallpaper/app... so the ambiance/mood is constantly changing in the room (although of course that can be set to a static lighting scheme too).

The cabinets are a mixture of Ikea Besta units, the desktop is supplied from Worktop Express and then cut to size and wall mounted for the floating effect.

man I'm drooling, this is amazing!!!! love this look great job!!! I posted my loft set up a few pages back and this is like a incredible extension to that. I have two extra rooms off my loft, maybe I'll create a home office room based off this look!

can I ask you the LxW of this room?

Tankshell

Nov 1, 2017
man I'm drooling, this is amazing!!!! love this look great job!!! I posted my loft set up a few pages back and this is like a incredible extension to that. I have two extra rooms off my loft, maybe I'll create a home office room based off this look!

can I ask you the LxW of this room?

Thanks, it was a lot of effort! Room is approx 4.5m x 3m. Good luck!

kanuuna

Oct 26, 2017

xYEvdT3.jpg

GLuMq2E.jpg

Very cool. Well done.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Pretty simple. But i like it "clean"
There is a nice piece coming on the wall soon. But overall happy with it

eSLZDNe.jpg

klier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
My little gaming corner 2020. Two systems will go this year, and the Series X will likely go to where the Switch is now, due to it's height. PS5 where the PS4 Pro is now, and Switch where the One X sits:

mUInyCEYSrmbSslfzZo1rdit4BDvp18EtsnAk4JeIVo4GsvnS2T-v_9t1f0gBzPRMn7RLAOFrKs2SZpLVLvK9IjMrdho1spYQ1FrwN35bfWNkY679fYOx_0N2L772-DWr4sj1K1VoVk2Be6ZTKSiejvI1ctrH_VurNkjEnjBlOEWFHWhfOBGrF3TooLyQoNG5knSMZU0_09veeHt2L5E53NEaK4kXh_zQ4nWHgQqdaO3TC__RwUxfLN1n_zR2bkOVXoYO0OfNS9VTIVEEojzXoiXH8UOELYVOrV5WH_TH5e8Y-Axy23VJhM6Az-EMn3DNNDPvQ65_7zew78JoXfdYK2ZDaIAT2IxSKn4BQsyM2Vt8fHFCjHmom29miuHot1KZSRoizLaOBQFsjdmwat-evyGCblMK-WoWusYmjUEcE4Pt2rklK9Lwonig3lR44GevP6A6CL_pLMeDr26iMuEHEVy8YYGwriN6TkB0znM-2T4p9X6QmYgEPLdZaPcQWraW1jRk0dT-yRJ2iEX2Uj8Wia48l3wktdSETj-dx1sdsUVHGdFrbfxUpP7LCNUG27LckYHUfezkfX1gVCTn7_euPBdzqdg8NF5nEvk-Jp-q_Pp6V5BoHpbOHLDAQpG5FUOhxx5koNEyeQnEJl1EdafqcWX5lEUrz0uPqc1vCKP5gcKlYQOZKf6gA=w1125-h846-no

Hope you guys like it! My first ever setup picture.

Deleted member 8752

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

xYEvdT3.jpg

BsUVMW2.jpg

GLuMq2E.jpg

kjJt20T.jpg

zYdLWug.jpg

p1GLuqx.jpg

uMfBMh8.jpg

Some details:

• Corsair HX 850i PSU
Peripherals:
  • Elgato Stream Deck

Actually, I normally hate LED lighting but yours looks really tasteful and well done. It's changed my opinion on it.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
My little gaming corner 2020. Two systems will go this year, and the Series X will likely go to where the Switch is now, due to it's height. PS5 where the PS4 Pro is now, and Switch where the One X sits:

mUInyCEYSrmbSslfzZo1rdit4BDvp18EtsnAk4JeIVo4GsvnS2T-v_9t1f0gBzPRMn7RLAOFrKs2SZpLVLvK9IjMrdho1spYQ1FrwN35bfWNkY679fYOx_0N2L772-DWr4sj1K1VoVk2Be6ZTKSiejvI1ctrH_VurNkjEnjBlOEWFHWhfOBGrF3TooLyQoNG5knSMZU0_09veeHt2L5E53NEaK4kXh_zQ4nWHgQqdaO3TC__RwUxfLN1n_zR2bkOVXoYO0OfNS9VTIVEEojzXoiXH8UOELYVOrV5WH_TH5e8Y-Axy23VJhM6Az-EMn3DNNDPvQ65_7zew78JoXfdYK2ZDaIAT2IxSKn4BQsyM2Vt8fHFCjHmom29miuHot1KZSRoizLaOBQFsjdmwat-evyGCblMK-WoWusYmjUEcE4Pt2rklK9Lwonig3lR44GevP6A6CL_pLMeDr26iMuEHEVy8YYGwriN6TkB0znM-2T4p9X6QmYgEPLdZaPcQWraW1jRk0dT-yRJ2iEX2Uj8Wia48l3wktdSETj-dx1sdsUVHGdFrbfxUpP7LCNUG27LckYHUfezkfX1gVCTn7_euPBdzqdg8NF5nEvk-Jp-q_Pp6V5BoHpbOHLDAQpG5FUOhxx5koNEyeQnEJl1EdafqcWX5lEUrz0uPqc1vCKP5gcKlYQOZKf6gA=w1125-h846-no

Hope you guys like it! My first ever setup picture.
Can't see your pic. Upload it to an image host.

Tankshell

Nov 1, 2017
awesome thank you! Helps put into perspective
Very cool. Well done.
Actually, I normally hate LED lighting but yours looks really tasteful and well done. It's changed my opinion on it.
Peltz, that's a stunning setup. I'm going to use that as inspiration for my new room.

Thanks all, it's great to finally have it finished... although I can't help but continue to tweak bits still :)

klier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
9AF5BD68-B836-48F4-AA11-16AEFDD39B6D.jpg

I hope it works now. Lighting is by Philips Hue, so 16 million colors from three sources around the TV.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
Amazing Tankshell. Do you have wall plugs half-way up the wall for the monitors? Did the place come like that or is that something someone could retrofit? It looks so clean.

klier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Love it! What specifically is the lighting, if you don't mind me asking? LED strips? When I think of Philips Hue I just think of bulbs.

Thanks man!
There is a Hue LED strip (with extension) behind the TV and I have on each side (one behind the Switch Dock and one on the left above my subwoofer) one of these:

71Eg5s2cclL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Hue has a huge assortment, lots of cool stuff to enhance your lighting. My whole house is pretty much all Hue.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
^ It looks beautiful yep! I can never feel right about putting my computer on the desk though - too many vibrations.

Also, it might be too much glare in my eyes! That's partly why I'm reserved about using a second screen. Just unwanted light. I like having some glow behind the monitor though.

Whicker

Jan 6, 2018
Ontario
Looks like a computer station straight from cyberpunk or blade runner. Nice.

Thats what I was going for :)!

^ It looks beautiful yep! I can never feel right about putting my computer on the desk though - too many vibrations.

Also, it might be too much glare in my eyes! That's partly why I'm reserved about using a second screen. Just unwanted light. I like having some glow behind the monitor though.

Thank you! The fans aren't running too fast so no vibrations that I can feel with my mouse. I opted to have it on the desk to help with dust and cat hair. The lights are a bit brighter in the picture but I had to make them all static due to being a little distracting.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
Thank you! The fans aren't running too fast so no vibrations that I can feel with my mouse. I opted to have it on the desk to help with dust and cat hair. The lights are a bit brighter in the picture but I had to make them all static due to being a little distracting.
I'm hella jealous of it. I know with my desk though, when I play an FPS with a mouse, the whole thing shakes! Not vibrations from the PC so much!
I have a shit desk right now though.