• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Feb 10, 2018
Is that a retrobit controller? How does it compare to the m30? I currently have the bluetooth m30 and while it's nice, mine for some reason has a squeaky dpad when pressing too hard.

We have this dedicated game/movie room set up at home (4k, 5.1 and all that. Already posted here), but I somehow find myself using our living room more which only has a 1080p TV and a soundbar. I even ended up moving my Steam Link here so I could stream my PC to it.

GwZF8Bv.jpg

Why do you use that setup more if you have a better one?

verbose

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
My dedicated gaming room/office is a sordid mess at the moment, but I'll give you a glimpse...
8ubCHcE.png

pPS3xCg.png

Rg4HIPz.png

Common room downstairs. Let's call it spartan and modest.
h3vz1xe.png

And then there's the living room upstairs:
gQQerM5l.png

Feb 10, 2018
I find the couch and open setting more comfortable. Plus our pets (2 cats and a dog) hang out with us here.

I still use the other room though since my main consoles are there.
Arhh I see.
Now that I am older "the complete cinema experience" I don't need at home. I like a nice big screen and good headphones do it for me.

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
Yes. It is a purpose converted outbuilding, I designed where all the power sockets etc. would be placed beforehand.
Excellent planning. We're actually rebuilding the house soon, I'll try to get some plugs in the middle of the wall... I can see how that conversation will go down though lol

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Excellent planning. We're actually rebuilding the house soon, I'll try to get some plugs in the middle of the wall... I can see how that conversation will go down though lol
Look into recessed receptacles so the plug doesn't stick out as far behind the TV so you can have a lower profile TV mount.

FullWalter

Mar 13, 2018
Love that Jet Set Radio picture.

thanks, it looks absolutely unreal in person. I'm very impressed with that company's print quality.
The Jet Set was for me and I bought the Fallout one for my girlfriend as it is among her favorite games. I actually like Fallout 4 more than most people here, I think though.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
I love my shmups, specially vertical ones so I need the TV to be able to rotate into place for that action. This is actually an older pic, but it should get the idea across.

39345111245_f8c494ca1d_h.jpg
That's awesome. I've been wanting to be able to do that as well. Is the wall-mount rotatable? If so, could you say which type it is because I really can't fine one. I should also say I have an OLED TV now so that might limit the options even further, considering different mount standards and such.

ShinJohnpv

Oct 25, 2017
That's awesome. I've been wanting to be able to do that as well. Is the wall-mount rotatable? If so, could you say which type it is because I really can't fine one. I should also say I have an OLED TV now so that might limit the options even further, considering different mount standards and such.

It took me a long time to find a wall mount that was rotatable, and I ended up finding this https://www.wallmountworld.com/Rota...31inch-extension-p/wmw-dualstud-31-rotate.htm . Which is expensive, but at the time it was the only one I could find. Supposedly there is now also this out there https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074FHH4N...olid=1J7BYLDEQR09X&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it FOr significantly less money. I don't have any first hand experience with that one though.

eXistor

Oct 27, 2017
It took me a long time to find a wall mount that was rotatable, and I ended up finding this https://www.wallmountworld.com/Rota...31inch-extension-p/wmw-dualstud-31-rotate.htm . Which is expensive, but at the time it was the only one I could find. Supposedly there is now also this out there https://www.amazon.com/dp/B074FHH4N...olid=1J7BYLDEQR09X&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it FOr significantly less money. I don't have any first hand experience with that one though.
Cool thanks a lot.

/edit: found one, not too expensive at €120 and it can handle my 55". Gonna order it tonight after checking the dimensions.

Last edited:

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
20200210-142306.jpg

Damn you all have some really nice set ups. Im just rocking my PS4 right now to bite off as many games as possible before PS5 comes out. Not wasting time on old games atm.

MakgSnake

Dec 18, 2019
Canada
Is that a retrobit controller? How does it compare to the m30? I currently have the bluetooth m30 and while it's nice, mine for some reason has a squeaky dpad when pressing too hard.

We have this dedicated game/movie room set up at home (4k, 5.1 and all that. Already posted here), but I somehow find myself using our living room more which only has a 1080p TV and a soundbar. I even ended up moving my Steam Link here so I could stream my PC to it.

GwZF8Bv.jpg
That is a super cosy and excellent setup. I would so game there for hours! Love it.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My dedicated gaming room/office is a sordid mess at the moment, but I'll give you a glimpse...
8ubCHcE.png

pPS3xCg.png

Rg4HIPz.png

Common room downstairs. Let's call it spartan and modest.
h3vz1xe.png

And then there's the living room upstairs:
gQQerM5l.png
That wood aesthetic on ur wall is nice. What is it called?
Got some nice prints from Cook and Becker.

zisA1PG.jpg

oNqzDa0.jpg
Mmmmmm JSR. Fucking beautiful.
49514683798_2cdc12c20e_h.jpg

Current setup - PC just got upgraded with a RTX 2070 Super
Awww, what a lovely doggo. Makes ur setup feel super inviting with them being there.
EQXOjkYUcAAxzz7

A little taste of my setup. Yes I play A LOT of MP games.
What games do you mainly play Local MP with?

MakgSnake

Dec 18, 2019
Canada
What games do you mainly play Local MP with?

That is a very good question. I have been itching to create a thread about it. I have lots and LOTS of Couch Gaming games for Xbox One and PS4 as I have gaming nights once every 3 months at my place. I will post short answer here...

Knight Squad
iDarb
Cluster Puck
Screen Cheat
Track Mania
Trials Fusion
Rocket League
Overrise
N++

and many more.. but yes going to make a thread about it later today. :)

Achillias

Banned
Jan 4, 2020
Not much has changed in our lounge since my 2019 post, but here are some shots of my newly finished home office/battlestation setup...

First some moody night shots, because everybody likes a bit of LED lighting:
xYEvdT3.jpg

BsUVMW2.jpg

GLuMq2E.jpg

This cabinet is where I keep all my network gear, and my VR gaming gear. That's a DK1 Kickstarter backer card, signed by the (then) Oculus team:
kjJt20T.jpg

Mass Effect 3 "Earth Alliance" limited edition oversized lithograph (signed by artist, 1/500):
zYdLWug.jpg

Here is how it looks by day:
p1GLuqx.jpg

uMfBMh8.jpg

More photos in this Imgur album depicting various other lighting schemes.

Some details:

I'm currently migrating my PC to a new case and replacing some older components but, currently it is:
  • Coolermaster Cosmos S (amazing case, lasted me 10 years, but upgrading to a c700m soon)
  • ASUS ROG Strix X99 Gaming mobo
  • Intel i7 6850k @ 4.3Ghz
  • EVGA 2080Ti Black Edition
  • 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR
  • Corsair H115i Liquid CPU cooler
  • Corsair HX 850i PSU
Peripherals:
  • Razer Chroma Blackwidow V2 keyboard
  • Razer Chroma Goliathus Extended mouse mat
  • Razer Chroma Basilisk Ultimate wireless mouse
  • Razer Chroma Base Station
  • Steelseries Arctis Pro Wireless headset
  • Elgato Stream Deck

The space itself is an outbuilding recently purpose converted for use as my home office. Whilst installing the networking I added a couple of additional 35m cat6a runs back to the house, so that a 4K HDR video/audio signal with usb (for wireless controllers, peripherals etc.) could be piped back over Ethernet to our living room, for comfy couch gaming on a large screen 4K Projector setup. It works great, no noticeable lag introduced.

The whole thing is lit using Philips Hue, and synced to the current desktop wallpaper/app... so the ambiance/mood is constantly changing in the room (although of course that can be set to a static lighting scheme too).

All Razer Chroma peripherals also sync in the same way.

Voice control over most a/v and lighting aspects via Alexa and Harmony.

The cabinets are a mixture of Ikea Besta units, the desktop is supplied from Worktop Express and then cut to size and wall mounted for the floating effect.

Did all the work myself apart from the initial plasterboard skimming.

I posted this on /r/battlestations the other day.
That pc setup is something I really like. Also got wallmounted monitors which makes the setup a lot better.

APizzaPie

Oct 27, 2017
I bought a C9 and a new receiver this year. Outside of that, the setup is largely the same for 2020.

ngoxxOw.jpg

ZkBZB7p.jpg

Bookman

Oct 27, 2017
Don't judge me. I have the nerdiest gaming room and I love it. It sort of started with theese collectors editions I bought on sale.

IMG-20200211-191330.jpg
IMG-20200211-191636.jpg

My gaming chair and my most valuable possession, the foot massager. Notice the headphones, thats for pc gaming and canceling out the sound of the foot massager. Otherwise I mostly use headphones with the controller.

Here is my 4k samsung tv. Pc , Nintendo switch and xbox one x. My pspro is behind the white hatch. Some nerd collectors edition boxes on the wall (the witcher and fallout las vegas) and hey, my favourite game box as a poster on the wall.
IMG-20200211-192030.jpg

There are some home made cheap details made by stuff from collectors editions thats kind of.... I bough the frame on a yard sale, it actually had bugs in in. My wife was really upset.
IMG-20200211-192112.jpg

I also have som shelves with.... stuff:

IMG-20200211-203846.jpg

And I also have this long tv bench on.the side. Notice the keyboard, its a home made .... I don't know..
IMG-20200211-191803.jpg

Here I'll show you:
IMG-20200211-204445.jpg

I made it just to play old school adventure games on my tv.

Its pretty packed and it's not nice and modern, it' moore like a man cave full of plastic. It's something meditative about the room though. Like entering another world.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Bookman I'm judging you for your foot massager

Judgement: you have your priorities in check, those foot massagers are so damn good. The first time I tried them I realized I will need one

Oct 27, 2017
Well, it's still very much a work in progress, but my setup at the new house is going well so far. The wires are kind of everywhere, there's still stuff that I'm not quite sure where to put it, and I eventually want to do a movie/gaming setup in the basement rather than the living room, but I'm pretty happy with what I've got so far.

At the very least I like that I can use real speakers instead of a small soundbar without worrying about the neighbors now. That by itself is a massive improvement.

te0tsId.jpg

It looks cozier in person, since I usually light the room with the lamps, and that's a much warmer light, but photos like that didn't look right so I used the overhead light.

I need to get a new couch, since my old one has seen better days, and it fit better in my old loft anyway.