• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
mGLIkGq.jpg

Welcome to the annual Post Your Gaming Setup thread. A tradition started over 10 years ago - from one legacy forum to the next. Post your gaming setups, living rooms, game collections, office setups, PC setups, furniture choices, any other home designs, and portable setups. This thread can be used for anything you want to post related to where you game or where you live. It's essentially ResetEra Cribs edition. Brag and compliment - no negative statements around someone's setup unless they are asking for critical feedback.

Big update.
Still want to do some adjustments but here is my new setup for next couple of years. Taken from multiple angles:

My Living Room - PS5, Xbox Series X, Apple TV 4K, LG C1
Note: I can remove the reflections as the TV comes out and the electronic blinds easily go up and down

0bzAf6y.jpg

Ga1I6Bc.jpg

2TqAofA.jpg

uPcdZ3Y.jpg

My Office w/ Standing Desk - Apple MacBook Air M1, LG Ultrafine 5K, iPad Pro

jw4bfMl.jpg

9RQ4Fir.jpg

nU4rkHn.jpg

2IodgSf.jpg

My Bedroom - Apple TV 4K (Hidden), Switch (Hidden), LG CX

wfLN1o9.jpg

eyPZ7FZ.jpg

H9AFXbQ.jpg

SOxNGHl.jpg

This is my previous setup:

U2BBBON.jpg

KvH21em.jpg

There's video game artwork in my hallway:

sQI04yu.jpg

And here is the layout of the next gen consoles which are a bit ugly horizontal (as well as the slightly visible HDMI / power recess that I need to fix):

rMVCYmR.jpg

Here is my office:

XiM5DTx.jpg

QwpQ5Us.jpg

Here is what my day view looks like (will replace with up to date picture since I've removed carpet and gotten all the new electronics in a week):

iR3Hj6G.jpg

And with tradition, of course there's this famous setup from gahiggidy, may as well throw this in the OP. So no matter what setup you have, please post away!

dkush40.jpg

Last edited:

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nice apartment as always. I hate the design of the PS5 but the color scheme lends itself to match with a lot of setups.

Xeonidus

“Fuck them kids.”
Oct 28, 2017
Ohhhh maybe I'll show mine off this year. Need to tidy it up a bit first lol

oatmeal

Oct 30, 2017
I have a C8 and when you're in the 'framed art' mode - it has a stupid pop up on the screen :(

Makes it kinda useless.

ericksakti

Dec 24, 2020
Heya, Im new here but I have been following for a long time, here is my setup

My working setup where i do my pc gaming:
XgsORZU.jpg

my bedroom setup where i do my console gaming (mostly switch now hahaha! )
DP90eb5.jpg

and lastly, my living room setup, when my friends are coming over to play
Tm1qYgg.jpg

And lastly, my papercraft collection!
CVyIpmG.jpg

OP
OP
tabris

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
I have a C8 and when you're in the 'framed art' mode - it has a stupid pop up on the screen :(

Makes it kinda useless.

Click on Home > Scroll to the app Art Gallery > Boom, there it is without the No Signal message. I think you can set it to quick launch (hold a number button) as well.

oatmeal

Oct 30, 2017

XgsORZU.jpg

DP90eb5.jpg

Tm1qYgg.jpg

CVyIpmG.jpg
What in the...

You live in a space ship.

OP
OP
tabris

tabris

Oct 27, 2017

DP90eb5.jpg

Tm1qYgg.jpg

Wow incredible setup. Very impressive. One of my goals is to have white marble / polished flooring. I have it in the bathrooms but want it throughout my place.

You have fantastic taste in my opinion. Love your style.

ericksakti

Dec 24, 2020
Wow incredible setup. Very impressive. One of my goals is to have white marble / polished flooring. I have it in the bathrooms but want it throughout my place.

You have fantastic taste in my opinion. Love your style.

Thanks for the compliment, much appreciated.
One thing about white marble tho, its really hard to take care of, basically they need to be maintained quite often.

ericksakti

Dec 24, 2020
Yeah I've been meaning to get a new chair and that looks like one I might get. You have a goal house right there btw, love that Ghibli collection.

I would suggest to topup and get the embody, more comfortable in my opinion, Im also considering to upgrade to that, but it cost around 2300-2400 usd where i live :(

lord_of_flood

One Winged Slayer
Jan 1, 2018
I'll have to show mine off later on. I got into PC gaming recently, so I put together a setup for that, but my cable management is currently really bad and I won't be too eager to change it until I can move my work laptop back into the office (currently WFH for another 2-3 weeks). Doing that should let me clear up some more space on my desk and finalize where I want everything to go, at which point I'll put it all together (and even then it'll still be a work in progress, with 1-2 upgrades that I want to make eventually).

Last edited:

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
Very nice apartment and space, I'd love a place like that. I currently live with others so all my gaming is done in my room but I got an okay setup for such a small place I think. Only thing I wish I had is a desk for a desktop like I used to have, currently just use a laptop for any pc stuff. Big Vegeta fan of course but I also got some art for Mass Effect, Life is Strange, God of War, and some other games I've yet to put up like Hellblade and Last of Us 2.
346-A8421-02-DD-401-C-8-A91-D55-E62989091.jpg

91-C8-BCDE-4-AA7-4781-9-A22-AA6-A68-B79-EA3.jpg
45-E9-DB4-F-B855-4083-9-C3-F-8-FAC2022-DFB4.jpg
3328-FAC9-EF2-B-45-B2-99-E8-15-F5-EDFBA494.jpg
774-D98-B3-2016-40-B1-8011-0-A15-C5-E90-DC2.jpg
E58231-CD-4915-47-BD-B37-D-A0-D500-B6-D324.jpg

Try to guess my favorite color.

Last edited:

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Only posting the most recent change in my setup. My setup is expecting a major overhaul this year assuming AV Receivers get their shit in order with HDMI 2.1.

eXXpChWh.jpg

Also, friendly reminder of my official cable management thread:

www.resetera.com

How to do Cable Management |OT| Unravel a New Era of Possibilities

With the holidays now over, many people have probably picked up a new TV and equipment to upgrade their setup. Plus with the new show off your gaming setup thread just launched, it's a perfect time to tackle what seems to be an impossible and ugly mess. Cable management is a task that can be...

Rylen

Feb 5, 2019
Built my kids their own PC for the holidays, and upgraded my "HTPC"

5950X, AsRock Phantom Gaming XT, 32GB DDR4 3800 CL16, 2TB Rocket 4.0 SSD, PC011 Case, EK 360 AIO
1E7IpN3.jpg

Staples Hyken Ergonomic Chair, Asus TUF 27" 2560x1440 170Hz
3AEMsh6.jpg

I9 10900, Gigabyte 3080 Gaming OC, NZXT H510 Elite, 32GB 3400 CL16, 2TB Adata SX8200 SSD, NZXT 280MM AIO
oTvKxXP.jpg

32" Dell 1440p, 165Hz, Arctis 7 Headset
kaEgDF1.jpg

2700X, 3080, 1.5TB SSD Storage, 360mm AIO, Corsair Air540
dv6iFKv.jpg

Air540 case barely fits I AV Cabinet
wBhukl6.jpg

65" 4K OLED 60hz, Dynandio Speakers, 18" Subwoofer with 2000w SpeakerPower Plate Amp
OJec746.jpg

Atmos Ceiling Speakers. 5.1.4 Atmos
RiN2zSX.jpg

Yamaha RXA3070 Atmos Capable Receiver
7DsgeRH.jpg

Autonomous Ergochair 2 ordered, gonna use it to sit closer to
azZEAvk.jpg

Oct 25, 2017

XgsORZU.jpg

DP90eb5.jpg

Tm1qYgg.jpg

CVyIpmG.jpg
Wowza. What do you do for a living if you don't mind my asking so I can change careers real quick

Either way, beautiful setup. And impeccable taste (Doraemon ❤️)

Emick81

Jan 17, 2018
setup2.jpg

setup.jpg

Moved into my new house about 1,5 years ago. Always enjoyed watching these threads for inspiration. My challenge was to optimize the limited wall space of 1.5 meters. I needed space for the subwoofer and wanted a cabinet with a sleek and minimalistic design.

You can see the Xbox Series X on the right with the vent facing forward as that is the only way I could place it in this setup.

TV is a 55 inch Sony XE9305 for scale.

The original plan was to mount the cabinet as a wall unit but since the wall is a plaster wall it was highly recommended not to do this. This is the reason I went with the steel frame.

Last edited:

Steven

Oct 27, 2017
LG CX 77"; Sonos Arc; West Elm Media Console. The PS5 is so huge that I couldn't fit it on my bookshelf and wanted the console to be free of anything but the soundbar...so I've got it as a pseudo cable hider lmao

IMG-0084.jpg

---

Zoomed out view; our office is to the left of our Living room area. We're in a 1BDRM apartment and both working from home:
IMG-0089.jpg

---

Here's my desk (cable management needs a bit of work):
IMG-0091.jpg

---

Bonus: Because we have a big walk-in closet, we put our dresser in there and put another office space where our dresser would usually go at the front of our bedroom, in case we both have meetings at the same time:

IMG-0098.jpg

IMG-0101.jpg

Whitemex

Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I'm gonna post pics of my empty space in a couple days and ask for some advice because it's a finished basement with some quirks and I'm unsure what to do.

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
How do people hide the power cord of the tv?

I read it is not safe to do without an electrician.

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
I have some work to do on mine. The 2.1 cables are ran temporarily (hence those white cable hiders on the left side of the TV), and the UPS behind the TV needs to be replaced since the 77" CS pulls a lot more power than my old 2015 70" Vizio. The console at is falling apart (the wood is just resting on the top now). One of my plans for this year is to rewire the 2.1 cables through the wall. The up-firing Atmos speakers will be replaced with in-ceiling speakers, the Polk subwoofer has finally started to give out (she's served me good over the past 15 years). I plan on replacing the two sofas (not pictured) with a nice sectional, too, as well as adding some automated shades (since my windows let in a lot of light in the evening)

EDIT: Rehosted image. Previous link was breaking

img_20210103_092219m0jzy.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Not much has changed down stairs so I'll post the home theater. My office has been updated. I'll post some pics of the updates when I can get around to it.

C1CcoyL.jpg

mRaYoUE.jpg
kSJMoCQ.jpg
jkhX95s.jpg
XSsaEQJ.jpg
3e8D1PB.jpg
DQhldfF.jpg

Manta_Breh

May 16, 2018
User Banned (1 Day): Thread Whining; Drive-By Posting
So just a bunch of rich people flexing their wealth, while there is a pandemic going on. cool thread, really well thought out while people are barely surviving.

Status
Not open for further replies.