• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
image.jpg

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I read that as poRtal 2 and got so excited to show some non gaming friends how far gaming has come ...

Jun 2, 2019
Ugh i bought this twice or thrice in the past on Steam sales and ended up refunding it, and that's before knowing their alignment.

Not a good game :/

Futaleufu

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
It's a fun game, despite not getting the achievement after playing it in Jesus mode (no kills)

Deleted member 4260

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Read the title as Portal 2 and was excited lol. Postal 2 is a shit game made by an even worse developer. Fuck them. Even free is too much for this game.

Excuse me

Oct 30, 2017
First Postal game is genuinely fun game (at least for some time), go play it if you haven't yet! Seems like it's also free! Gonna play it for sure.

www.gog.com

POSTAL: Classic and Uncut

Banned in over ten countries, realistic, non-stop-killing, action-strategy psychological

Second Postal is garbage. Humor in the game is funny if you are 13. But...

Gun play is extremely tedious, it seems like all the weapons are powered the same and doesn't really matter if you use M16 or pistol against the enemies. I did like the gas canister weapon, that's pretty much only cool thing about this game.

Game world is empty and boring, there is very little reason to explore the city. Graphics, AI and physics are also shit tier in this game. And all the missions are pretty much the same. Go do mundane errand and get attacked by group of people from jihadist to cops to angry protesters. This would be fine but since the gun play is boring the missions get old really fast.

Can't believe I actually played through the whole game back in the day.

Last edited:

OnionPowder

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Ah yes, I remember being 12 and enjoying this game.
So... what's the deal with this game? lol

It's entire shtick is that being racist, sexist and poking at taboos without anything to say is funny because it's so darn shocking.

It's the act of doing something because you can without a reason to do it.

Muslims are terrorists running the 7/11, Women are extreme caricatures, you shove shotguns up cats asses as a silencer, you can piss whenever you want.

Mechanically the game isn't even sound, the entire point of the game is to see what shit they can get away with because they felt it was important to do so.

Futaleufu

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
The entire point of the game is to shock. The gameplay is just something in there to provide more ways to shock.

The game purposely asks you to be violent, and makes the game dull and even worse than the shit gameplay already is to play non violent.

The game can be completed without killing anyone. You can, however, make everybody kill each other. Playing this way turns the last day into a stealth game.

Deleted member 23212

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I already have these games, but thanks for the heads up. I know Postal 2 is one of LGR's favourite games.

Alienhated

Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Trolling
A free game is still a free game and if Era doesn't like it it's usually an even better reason to grab it, lol.

Absoludacrous

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
A free game is still a free game and if Era doesn't like it it's usually an even better reason to grab it, lol.

I mean, people are free to like what they like, but saying "Era doesn't like this game because it's blatantly pro-GamerGate and the developers are extremely transphobic, so I'll probably love it!" is not a great look.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Ah yes, I remember being 12 and enjoying this game.

It's entire shtick is that being racist, sexist and poking at taboos without anything to say is funny because it's so darn shocking.

It's the act of doing something because you can without a reason to do it.

Muslims are terrorists running the 7/11, Women are extreme caricatures, you shove shotguns up cats asses as a silencer, you can piss whenever you want.

Mechanically the game isn't even sound, the entire point of the game is to see what shit they can get away with because they felt it was important to do so.

Yikes

Thanks, won't redeem it

Excuse me

Oct 30, 2017
Should I get this game? Is it fun to play?

EDIT: spare me the political part please, dev is bad I get it.
It has it's humor going on for it. It passed as edgy when the game came out but it's fairly outdated by now (getting raped by hillbillies, grotch doll going berserk, etc). But if it's your cup of tea then go for it. It's not long game so if the jokes are funny to you then you might be able to stand for the bad game play ... but at least the game is more fun then the movie by Uwe Boll.

Deleted member 7883

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Should I get this game? Is it fun to play?

EDIT: spare me the political part please, dev is bad I get it.
the game genuinely has nothing to say outside of the political part

it's a halfbaked sandbox where the only enjoyment to be found is, well, the aspects of the game that people ITT are complaining about.

If you're not enticed by the complaints of the game mentioned in this thread, the game isn't worth playing. You'd have more fun playing GTA Vice City or San Andreas again.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
It has it's humor going on for it. It passed as edgy when the game came out but it's fairly outdated by now (getting raped by hillbillies, grotch doll going berserk, etc). But if it's your cup of tea then go for it. It's not long game so if the jokes are funny to you then you might be able to stand for the bad game play ... but at least the game is more fun then the movie by Uwe Boll.

Sounds like it's not worth my time.

the game genuinely has nothing to say outside of the political part

it's a halfbaked sandbox where the only enjoyment to be found is, well, the aspects of the game that people ITT are complaining about.

If you're not enticed by the complaints of the game mentioned in this thread, the game isn't worth playing. You'd have more fun playing GTA Vice City or San Andreas again.

Well now it just sounds like a waste of time.

SturokBGD

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ontario
This is - no joke - one of my all time favorite games, despite all the reasons it shouldn't be. Feel free to think poorly of me.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I was going to update the gog sale thread when i got home with this ^^;

Suggested viewing for postal 2

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I was going to update the gog sale thread when i got home with this ^^;

Suggested viewing for postal 2

Personally the Noah Caldwell review of the series is still the best and most sincere look at it imo, it really gets to the heart of why it's not only a mediocre game from a gameplay standpoint but it's also just shit in general.

Postal 2 starts at 9:10

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
When I was an edgy teen I thought the height of hilarity was pissing in a priests face then setting an elephant on fire. Now the game's humor just seems sad.