• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
From PlayStation OT.
No idea what to make out of it but the poster doesn't seem like someone to troll.
Anyone heard more?
Not sure where to post this, but at work we just received a promo picture that shows a black and red PS5.

OaTSQ1j.jpg
The promo is real, and it's from Sony. Whether or not they are gonna make a console in that colour I have no idea.
6-C7-F077-C-3-F00-4-DCD-AB9-C-99-C7230615-FE.jpg

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
I wonder how the PS logo is white when on base model, it's black because it's a hole

But love that color too

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This would make many people happy.

I like the white one good enough but a black one would be nice.

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
the blue light is still there on top right side and back of controller is still white lol

Its fake or sonybdidba very sloppy job for their promo material haha

Issen

Nov 12, 2017
That red looks hideous. Reminds me of "gamer aesthetics".

Black and blue would be nice, probably.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
my money is on someone just googling ''PS5'' and taking whatever image fitted the best in that promo

May 24, 2019
Could just be that someone grabbed some internet mock-up. The language makes it sound like some internal company competition thing (not necessarily from Sony)

gabdeg

Oct 26, 2017
🐝
Weird. Maybe the wings are interchangeable and the light is RGB so you can set it to whatever color you want.
Whatever it is, I hope I can get it without the red light.

OP
OP
Dust

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
The promo is for us in the store, to try and incentivise us to sell more Sony Xperia's. The more Sony phones we sell the more likely we are to win prizes. I'm not trolling, but I bet that they just edited the colour so it matches with the other products in the shot.

Here's a better photo.

yWCUQdC.jpg
More info.
Still have no idea what to make out of it.

oRuin

Oct 25, 2017
Weird. Maybe the wings are interchangeable and the light is RGB so you can set it to whatever color you want.
Whatever it is, I hope I can get it without the red light.
I'm wondering if the inside cover around the air grill is also changeable. I'm sure I read that maybe the RGB could be changed as well?
Would be nice to be able to buy different kits to change it up now and then.

valinthyne

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I want to believe we'll get black but I'll keep my expectations low. Not like I'm gonna be able to afford it anyway if its a special edition this holiday.

Deleted member 862

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
god it's so ugly, I thought maybe a colour change would help buy it still looks like some knock off console.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Did Sony ever mess with the light color on PS4? Red light = overheating on PS4, so I'd assume they'd stay to that. It looks really nice though.
Edit: just saw the other light is still blue, so yeah, super fake.

Arex

Oct 27, 2017
Indonesia
that's 100% edited, shoddily too. Probably some manager asked an intern to do a collage of Sony product, then saw the white (and blue) PS5 and told the intern to make it black and red to match the other products lol.

Scottoest

Feb 4, 2020
That image is edited af, blue light inside the console and red on the other side lol

Just noticed that. Yeah, this is a total Photoshop job, lol. Not to say that promo isn't real, but that image is definitely eited.

If it exists, my guess is it's just some contest one-off, and not representative of an actual colour choice for consumers.

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
What kills this for me is the LED on the console is just a hard red line on the left, and on the right you can see a soft blue glow.