• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

tabris

Oct 27, 2017
FlK89QAXwAAnNnn

So I couldn't find anything active or live posted in a couple months. A couple quick updates on Suikoden 1+2 Remaster.

1) Potential leaked release date - March 3rd, 2023 (UPDATE - Looks like this ended up being a placeholder)

Found on reddit a user found the following store entry on a France website leaning towards release date for the PS4 physical copy:

2) New Gameplay videos showing how great the backgrounds look and new spell/combo animations:

View: https://twitter.com/Suikoden/status/1605252291627347968?s=20&t=uwaNV__l-SNOlqPiDNZX9w

View: https://twitter.com/GensoSuikoden/status/1608387597830684672?s=20&t=uwaNV__l-SNOlqPiDNZX9w

View: https://twitter.com/i/status/1605126106713133057

Last edited:

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
konami dont play with my heart like this

march is just around the bend

Yeona

Banned
Jan 19, 2021
I'm so in love with this. Konami's done me wrong so much, but I will forever be thankful for them for this.

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks so good. Capcom stop fucking around and give me BoF

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
lol that second video is a gigantic spoiler. What the fuck, Suikoden JP Twitter?

PimentaGui

Jul 29, 2021
Has it been confirmed that it's going to be $40? Might get this day one if so

Now PS or Switch is the question...

Tbm24

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thank heavens they kept the menu sounds. That was very important for me.

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
Man.... those menus look so much like stock rpgmaker ones lol

robotzombie

Oct 25, 2017
I have one wish for these remasters and that is they change it so you aren't forced to use story characters in combat. That was an excellent fix employed in Suikoden 5

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
LOL, yeah, besides the spoiler in the second, I also question using the enemies with the annoying buzzing sound in the first video.

Good call on using the gnomes for the squirrels though.

They pretty much look like they were designed for Japanese fonts with basically zero thought put into how they would display in English. Which is disappointing.

Ah, the Pixel Remaster approach. I see. :P

The text is a bit small, but I'm generally okay with it. The original menus were nothing to write home about. I love using the character portrait art in the combat menus as well.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, the Pixel Remaster approach. I see. :P

The text is a bit small, but I'm generally okay with it. The original menus were nothing to write home about. I love using the character portrait art in the combat menus as well.

Yeah, I like the use of the portraits. I just wish literally any thought went into the English fonts and layouts.

Treestump

Mar 28, 2018
Having never played this series before, you can bet I'll grabbing a physical copy of this asap.

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
Don't really mind the font choice. After the pixel remasters this feels like Persona 5. Definitely could be better, but the OG menus were already kinda...plain, and it feels at least consistent with that in general design.

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait for the "are we sure this game is actually good?" thread once these remasters drop

Lowblood

Oct 30, 2017
I can't wait for the "are we sure this game is actually good?" thread once these remasters drop

I'm sure there'll be some of that, but as long as people go in knowing they're playing PS1-era RPGs, they'll probably be fine. They hold up quite well for stuff of that time, S2 moreso than S1 (Suikoden 1 being on the shorter side works to its benefit). And the stories are still great.

I'd honestly be more worried if it was Suikoden 3 being re-released. It feels rougher due to the switch to 3D, and it's way too long. I love S3 but I really hope it gets a more involved rework if they go to it next.