• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What are you going with?

• Lite

Votes: 191 25.7%
  • OG

Votes: 552 74.3%

• Total voters
Jul 26, 2018
I am so relieved we finally know what the revision entails. I'm now confident that I can purchase the Switch that's available in stores now and not regret it a few months down the line. The no TV/out absolutely killed the Lite for me. So what are others thinking?

JCW

Oct 26, 2017
If the Lite has the regular Switch's performance increases then the Lite 100%. If it doesn't I don't know.

Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you have the money buy the OG switch.

Mario Kart and Smash local multiplayer are worth it. If you won't use it as a home console then i'd for the cheaper model.

xem

Oct 31, 2017
def lite, dont care about playing on a tv, i have ps4 and pc for that

Hucast

alt account
Banned
Mar 25, 2019
You say no tv killed lite for you so why did u even have to question?

Oreoleo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
The original in portable mode is hard enough on the hands as it is. The new smaller model looks like cramp city for adult hands.

Tzarscream

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I am so relieved we finally know what the revision entails. I'm now confident that I can purchase the Switch that's available in stores now and not regret it a few months down the line. The no TV/out absolutely killed the Lite for me. So what are others thinking?
Genuinely how did any of you expect the lite to have a TV out?

Nintendo we're going to offer a new model that can basically do the same as the original but at a lower price point?

Ubik

Nov 13, 2018
Canada
Lite for me. Not gonna be my primary console and I don't care about the local multiplayer too much. The cheaper the better for the handful of games I want it for.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Nintendo we're going to offer a new model that can basically do the same as the original but at a lower price point?
Because a lot of us assumed it wouldn't be bundled with a dock or detachable joy-cons but would still be able to be slotted in existing docks. Nothing outlandish about thinking that.

eso76

Prophet of Truth
Dec 8, 2017
Finally bought the OG.
Literally minutes before the announcement.
Glad the lite turned out to be that, no regrets here

Gush

Nov 17, 2017
OG. Not being able to dock the lite kills any interest I'd otherwise have. Looks super cute though.

greetdeath

Oct 27, 2017
I'll buy the OG during Prime Day or another sale next week. That will make the refresh happen immediately after I open the box.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Happy with my OG, though I'd get the a Lite for variety if I were getting a second, at least until the Pro comes out

astro

Oct 25, 2017
The design of the joycons and the Switch feature itself are too big a draw to pass up.

A pro style upgrade it would be an insta buy for me.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
i play 95% of the time docked, so i'll keep my switch

i'll probably end up getting the lite for my niece

alundra311

Oct 25, 2017
OG for me unless they release a cool looking special edition lite. That Pokemon Switch lite looks OK but still not enough to make me buy one.

Mercador

Nov 18, 2017
Quebec City
Lite here. I would have buy that one last year summer if it was a thing back then. We don't care for the big screen (my daughter and I).

Oct 27, 2017
I have absolutely no reason to get the Lite. I wasn't one of those people who tried fitting their Switch in pockets or whatever and had an issue with the size

Oct 25, 2017
While I play my Switch mostly portable, I like having the option to switch it up and play tabletop or on the big screen. No plans to get a lite and would purchase an OG if my current Switch died.

I'm sure it will sell well though. Still baffles me why they decided not to add TV out and give players the ability to buy accessories (dock/pro controller) to give more options. Oh well.

huH1678

Oct 30, 2017
You can get the OG Switch for almost the same price as the Lite version during holiday sales, easy choice.

Deleted member 17630

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'll be getting the lite. I have a PS4 Pro and pretty powerful PC for the bigger screens this is 100% for portability.

Raccoon

May 31, 2019
I'm voting on behalf of my sister, who was waiting to see the Lite at my request for months, but upon seeing its limitations has decided to go for the original form factor.

Oct 27, 2017
I like my switch to actually be a switch, so og for sure.

I've also seen new ones on sale for around 250 during the past couple of months, so kind of seems like a no-brainer to me.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I'm probably going to get a Switch Lite. I really only want it for Animal Crossing and Luigi's Mansion, and those games are fine for me to play in portable mode.

LightKiosk

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Revised OG that's probably releasing this year.

I just cannot see myself playing a game like Zelda the entire way through on a 5.5" screen when all of my other gaming is done on my monitor.

Oct 25, 2017

Yes?

You are losing hd rumble, smaller screen, no joycons, no kickstand, no dock.

Allow the OPTION of buying a new dock or SOMETHING that will allow me in the future to connect to a tv. Even if its 70 or 80 bucks. Don't lock me out forever. A lite only dock or something that if one day I want to connect to a tv, I can spend the money and do it.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
The new more powerful one, it'll help tidy up the frame rate in certain games hopefully.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yes?

You are losing hd rumble, smaller screen, no joycons, no kickstand, no dock.

Allow the OPTION of buying a new dock or SOMETHING that will allow me in the future to connect to a tv. Even if its 70 or 80 bucks. Don't lock me out forever. A lite only dock or something that if one day I want to connect to a tv, I can spend the money and do it.
Hell wasn't the official Nintendo extra dock set $80?

I really thought the Lite would at least be able to use the current dock.

Barzul

Oct 25, 2017
Lite, not interested in playing the switch on the big screen. I mostly game on the PC anyways.