• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
So, video game movies are typically failures in most aspects (critical/audience reception and box office results). In my mind, part of the problem is video game stories are a longer form than a typical two hour movie, so an adaptation of, say, The Last of Us, would have much of the story cut out due to time. However, I think video games movies would be better served as short-run television series (think Netflix). Most of these are 13 episodes.

As for The Last of Us, I think the 13 episode length would work quite well. You'd have the first episode dedicated to the prologue. The subsequent 12 episodes would be evenly split into 4 3-episode arcs, each one chronicling a season. What potential video game adaptation would you like to see receive this treatment (TLOU included)? New adaptions of video games that have received theatrical adaptations are also welcome.

TC McQueen

Oct 27, 2017
Just about any of them short of COD games and other short linear games, probably.

That said, some of these games would probably need multiple 13 episode seasons to get done, especially longer/more complex stories like RPGs.

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017
Fallout.

HBO.

Hour long episodes.

Follow a guy who goes to a different region/city each episode.

???

Give me money, Todd Howard

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
If 13 Episodes is short than pretty much every non jrpg game. 2 episodes per dungeon on Zelda, 1 episode per world warrior on street fighter...

Vibranium

Oct 28, 2017
Absolutely Deus Ex, I would much rather a cyberpunk TV series than that canned movie that Scott Derickson was planning. I'd set it in the 2040's and focus on the NSF, and their struggle against the Illuminati/UNATCO.

Small chance with SE currently not having a new game in the pipeline though.

Oct 27, 2017
Alan Wake. (This feels like cheating, since the original game is already broken into episodes!)

Assassin's Creed II. I think one episode per sequence would be stretching things - but add Brotherhood and you have a full season. (Save AC1 and Revelations for season 2 - although you'd have to monkey with the framing sequences to make it work. Probably have Desmond at Abstergo for the first half of season 1, in the apartment for the rest, and then be in Monteriggioni when covering Altair.)

HStallion

Oct 25, 2017
A Shadow of the Colossus mini series where there is barely any dialogue and long stretches of Wander traveling through the lonely awe inspiring environments to an incredible sound track.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Silent Hill and Resident Evil especially would work, with each game being a season. Resident Evil especially especially would be super rad.

JusDoIt

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
South Central Los Angeles
Ninja Gaiden.

The premier opens with a tense, Kurosawa-esque duel that leads to the death of Ryu's dad.

Ryu sets off to get his revenge.

Around episode four, Ryu is on a mountain and gets knocked off a cliff by an eagle. The end.