• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
whatsinaname

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Kubo's design + Supergirl's shield = a full costume.

B__0P73WUAAXXqC

Dark Ninja

Oct 27, 2017
Lol it took me a while to see it now I can't unsee it. The anime will probably cover it up depending what demo they are going after. Other recent Jump anime that have fanservice like DR. Stone for the most part gets completely ignored or cropped out in the anime.

Shining Star

Banned
May 14, 2019

I mean... just look at it.

I saw a YouTube video on this. Basically an illustrator from the 70s who in an attempt to get noticed, just drew Power Girl's breasts bigger and bigger until the editor noticed.

Wow, that is crazy.

This gets given a pass because a woman wrote it.

On the plus side, she rocks the S now.

cb4df0bb3c278abbe4fff0aeac58480d.jpg

Bad news, she hasn't been in a book in like four years.

She still doesnt get pants though.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Best Powergirl/Supergirl
large-5932717.jpg

Created because the writer wasn't allowed to use Supergirl, so just created their own. Happened a lot in LEgion, can't use Superman or boy here is Mon El

UrbanDandy

Oct 25, 2017
In regards to Power Girl, even in her animated appearances, it gets cringy. Batman/Superman: Public Enemies is a good indicator.

VinylCassette64

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I honestly completely missed it and thought it was just the large chest. I had to read the comments to see what the OP was actually about.

lmao how do you come up with a design that has such a egregious focal point but you can completely miss it at a passing glance? It's like the anime female character design edition of those numerous "once you see it" images floating around on the web.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
I honestly completely missed it and thought it was just the large chest. I had to read the comments to see what the OP was actually about.

lmao how do you come up with a design that has such a egregious focal point but you can completely miss it at a passing glance? It's like the anime female character design edition of those numerous "once you see it" images floating around on the web.

I think it's a composition thing, with reference to the panel as a whole, as I had the same issue.

I assume it's going to be the focal point of compositions she's the primary character in, and thus much more obvious/in-your-face. It's mostly just a factor of her being, for all intents and purposes, receded into the background of that panel with all of the lines of action/direction mercifully pointing away from her crotch.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
wait... Power Girl = Supergirl?

goddamn, I figured she was some random character that writers/artists were allowed to get a little too horny with

amoy

Oct 28, 2017
On the bright side, it's not loli shit, but still it's Kubo usual crap. Zero confidence on this thing.

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
wait... Power Girl = Supergirl?

goddamn, I figured she was some random character that writers/artists were allowed to get a little too horny with

Yeah she is basically Earth 2 Supergirl (aka where the golden age version of DC heroes were at). Basically got screwed over when the multiverse were merged into one earth, and she was stranded there, having since felt off with a complicated origin lol.

Like she was an atlantean originally, and then writers didn't like that, so her origin was changed multiple times, until her earth 2 supergirl origin came back when the multiverse was reintroduced. Welcome to superhero continuity. XD

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah she is basically Earth 2 Supergirl (aka where the golden age version of DC heroes were at). Basically got screwed over when the multiverse were merged into one earth, and she was stranded there, having since felt off with a complicated origin lol.

Like she was an atlantean originally, and then writers didn't like that, so her origin was changed multiple times, until her earth 2 supergirl origin came back when the multiverse was reintroduced. Welcome to superhero continuity. XD

ahaha, so she's an Atlantean again?

honestly don't know if reading about superhero continuity makes me feel more or less tempted to get properly into comics

Wanderer5

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere.
ahaha, so she's an Atlantean again?

honestly don't know if reading about superhero continuity makes me feel more or less tempted to get properly into comics

Nah, that Atlantean origin has been dropped for good basically IIRC. Just been Earth 2 Supergirl again.

And yeah, continuity is a huge ass thing that you kind of have to go with the flow if you want to read Superhero comics, but there are a lot of great stories that works as standalones (and course there are much more to comics than just DC and Marvel).

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
No, still Earth-2 Supergirl.

This thread's going to hit 20 pages quick. Era lives up to expectations.
Nah, that Atlantean origin has been dropped for good basically IIRC. Just been Earth 2 Supergirl again.

And yeah, continuity is a huge ass thing that you kind of have to go with the flow if you want to read Superhero comics, but there are a lot of great stories that works as standalones (and course there are much more to comics than just DC and Marvel).

ahh, okay

yep, agreed: I've had enough exposure to comics to know there's a lot of fantastic stuff out there, but for whatever reason they've remained a pretty big cultural blindspot for me

need to get back into Planet Hulk, which is what I started reading during my "finally getting into comics" phase of the pandemic

May 9, 2019
Guys...I LOVE the boob window. I just love Powergirl's costume in general. I KNOW, I KNOW but its so perfect to me.
Best Powergirl/Supergirl
large-5932717.jpg

Created because the writer wasn't allowed to use Supergirl, so just created their own. Happened a lot in LEgion, can't use Superman or boy here is Mon El
Love me some Andromeda. I also love her costume. Hate her becoming a nun though.

May 9, 2019
What do you know? Why is it perfect for you?
Well I know it has a shitty excuse for existing and the reason to keep it around was piss poor but I love her costume because the white with the shoulder red cape, gold accessory, and with the exaggerated blue boots/gloves are just my thing. It pops for me.

As with the boob window, I don't want her with the S shield honestly. I don't know what would be better to put there but I do think covering it and just having a plain white top would be boring. DCSHG had removed it and pushed it more up which wasn't a bad alternative. I wouldn't complain if it was gone but something other than the S shield.
2fd.png

I do love Tanya's costume as Power Girl as well. Her design is perfect.
82276dffc85981ea4a977ce7b2687773.jpg

Ogre

Mar 26, 2018
What are you talking about? This seems pretty standard for...

*looks down*

Anime desperately needs to be stopped.

I don't know why I thought an 8 page thread had to do with the fucking Nazi costume, but I thought it was the only truly awful thing about that page... until your post made me go back and look at it again. FML.

Chippewa Barr

Aug 8, 2020
WhatTheHellIsEvenThat.gif

How? They are one piece. You can't pee without taking the whole thing down to your knees.

I might not know what a jumper is. I'm talking about the faddy thing where your outfit is kind of like coveralls.

Edit: they are called jumpsuits maybe? Or a romper?
Lol def thinking of rompers/jumpsuits (GF has the same complaints as your wife)

Jumpers are like a dress that goes over an outfit. Or in the UK, what everyone in North America normally calls a sweater. Crazy Brits!

Joni

Oct 27, 2017
I read about half the pages in the thread and didn't see it mentioned, so forgive me if it's been discussed but um the name of that character (according to twitter) is 'Cquntnire' with a silent q.

Just gonna let that sink in for a minute.
Based on his bleach manga titles, I might give him some benefit of the doubt. He has titles like "Six Arms To Killing You" and "The Sun Already Gone Down"