• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
pniAmQE.png

No mention of whether PS4 players can match with PC players.

https://battleforthegrid.com/

BagelLemon

Nov 9, 2017
This is amazing! I know this game is probably not going to create waves large enough to set a trend, but it sure makes me more interested in playing it.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I am beginning to suspect Sony's crossplay with these platforms are just lip service, and that they will drag their feet with the beta and only offer crossplay for a couple of games for this gen.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am beginning to suspect Sony's crossplay with these platforms are just lip service, and that they will drag their feet with the beta and only offer crossplay for a couple of games for this gen.

Probably. Fortnite and Rocket League were too loud of an issue so they eventually caved in by making it seem there's massive work to be done to make it work (the so-called "betas" they had for both games when all other platforms crossplayed immediately with no issues). I can see them caving in on Minecraft too if they don't get hung up on the fact it's a Microsoft game and that it operates on Xbox Live (Nintendo didn't have an issue with this), but these smaller games they'll keep on pretending nothing happened, as if indies on PS4 had more players than PC+Switch+X1 combined.

Deleted member 12352

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Funny... barely a couple weeks ago it was "Fortnite would be the only crossplay game".

Wonder how many more times the goalposts are gonna have to be moved on this.

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The trifecta of crossplay continues to deliver on being pro-consumer and caring about their audience.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
YES! Almost wants to buy this just to support them for the cross progression alone. We need more cross progression, I wish while people hype crossplay over the moon they wouldn't forget that feature which is for me, personally, even more important.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
You know how people would go and say they wanted Platinum to make a game based on well-established IPs?
It might be a similar situation for me, except I'd like to see ASW's take on famous IPs like this one.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
If best ranger ever Jen is in this thing I'm going to buy it day one

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Thats rad as fuck. Will be a godsend so no platform on one of those 3 will have to worry about missing out.

I have a good feeling about this game. Even if the assets are just taken from the mobile game. If they can legit just get the SF DLC stuff again (Mainly Ryu Ranger). They have my money.

Oct 25, 2017
If its even half as good as Rising Thunder used to be, then that would be pretty neat. Already 1up-ing niche stuff like EX Layer by having a muti platform day 1 launch+cross platform play.

GFdoom

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Justin's a blatant shill for anything that'll make him money. His involvement signifies nothing.
shill? Or actually using his deep knowledge of fighting games to help make a fighting game better? It's a job he was most likely approached to do. And who wouldn't want to get paid to do something they love?

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
shill? Or actually using his deep knowledge of fighting games to help make a fighting game better? It's a job he was most likely approached to do. And who wouldn't want to get paid to do something they love?

He's using his deep love of fighting games to collect a paycheck. It is what it is.

Firefoxprime

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Like it would have a scene anyway. Would never break into the FGC circuit. I'm there Day 1 either way.

Are you kidding me? The potential man. Open your eyes...hehe

I really wish we got a brawler instead. But with great animations too. Not an arena brawler, but a high budget beat em' up. I'd lean to something similiar to Disney Infinity / Gundam Breaker-ish.

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
LOL so whats the problem being paid to do what you know and love??? Should he feel guilty earning money using what he is good at?

No, I'm just saying his involvement indicates nothing about the quality or integrity of the game and namedropping him doesn't really lend it any credibility.

Virtu Al

Oct 25, 2017
Italy, Rome
I'm conflicted. On a side I'm happy because this looks great. On the other side I'm bummed because this could've been a Super Sentai game, but since it's Power Rangers it means a lot of amazing suits before Zyuranger/Mighty Morphin' will not be eligible for the roster. :<

Oct 25, 2017
Of all the fighting games to start this, it's this? Eh, hopefully it's good.
Funny... barely a couple weeks ago it was "Fortnite would be the only crossplay game".

Wonder how many more times the goalposts are gonna have to be moved on this.
Lol oh yeah, they finally added that game people have been begging for crossplay in for 3 years, that's definitely setting the example.

You know for a fact PS5's flagship feature will be full crossplay.

Ah, maybe it'll be alright if they asked actual FGC members to help work on it.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
No, I'm just saying his involvement indicates nothing about the quality or integrity of the game and namedropping him doesn't really lend it any credibility.
It means they are. They could have easily not reached out to any fgc member for input...

Cool your jets man.

AxkilAvenger

Banned
Apr 8, 2018
I was praying for cross play atleast between switch and Xbox. Showed the trailer to my Xbox friend and we are mega hyped.

Kaiten

Oct 22, 2018
There's nothing wrong with being paid to "do what you love." And as far as I can tell, no one (including rawhide) was mocking Justin for doing it. It's just that a pro player helping with a game doesn't really mean anything about the quality. Especially when there's no way to tell how much they actually influence the game. Biggest example being Marvel vs Capcom Infinite where even with Peter "Combofiend" Rosas who worked for Capcom and wasn't just a paid top player helping, the game still turned out mediocre. And mediocre in the MvC series is...well, look at the rumors of MvC4 while MvCI (the 4th game) still has an imbalanced character select screen and it's less than 2 years old.

As a person who loves fighting games enough to try them all even the really obscure ones, I plan to at least try this game. But even if Justin does make the game perfectly balanced, remember that balanced does not directly correlate to being fun.