• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kindekuma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
From some anonymous 4chan post (I know, but take with a grain of salt, there have been legitimate leaks before).

There's a trailer that looks legitimate too:

For over 25 years Power Rangers has been one of the most popular franchises in the world. As a perennial Top 10 NPD Action Brand, the globally renowned brand has spawned hit TV shows, movies, toys, comics, live entertainment and games. Today, nWay, the developer and publisher behind Power Rangers: Legacy Wars, the hit multiplayer mobile game with over 45 million downloads, is partnering with Hasbro and global content leader Lionsgate to announce Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid. The new cross-platform fighting game will be available as a digital download for $19.99 first on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch in April 2019, and then as a PC release later in the year.

The game is now available for pre-order at www.battleforthegrid.com with those ordering prior to launch receiving an exclusive bonus of the Green Ranger V2 character skin and a digital art book. In addition, a special Digital Collector's Edition will be available to pre-order for $39.99, which contains the full game download, Season One Pass (which will include three new characters, their Arcade story, and a new warrior skin), and exclusive Lord Drakkon V2 and Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Pink Ranger character skins.

Mods lock the thread if old.

Oct 27, 2017
- "We have a terrific idea with Shattered Grid. We can finally put Power Rangers back in the spotlight. What's our next step?"
- "A terribly-looking fighting game seems like the most obvious path to follow.
- "... Perfect."

Bad_Boy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ehh. Power rangers would have been cooler as a 3rd person arkham/spiderman type game.

Add in Vehicles, zords, and a dope multi-ranger combo system.

Shadownet

Oct 29, 2017
A fighting game is what fans been waiting for? Where you pit one ranger against another? Instead of I don't know... An adventure action game where you fight actual bad guys? Come on now.

OP
OP
Kindekuma

Kindekuma

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
A fighting game is what fans been waiting for? Where you pit one ranger against another? Instead of I don't know... An adventure action game where you fight actual bad guys? Come on now.

Something like Transformers when developed by PlatinumGames would be cool. Wonderful 101 but with Power Rangers IP.

Shadownet

Oct 29, 2017
Something like Transformers when developed by PlatinumGames would be cool. Wonderful 101 but with Power Rangers IP.
Right? Power rangers has always been about team work. A fighting game is against the spirit of that, even if you account for 2v2 battles.

Where are the zords? The transformations? The story and interactions between rangers?

Quad Lasers

Oct 26, 2017
A Power Rangers fighting game with a half-decent budget from Eighting could've been cool.

But the world ain't merciful.

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I'll give this one a bit of benefit of the doubt, but I won't keep my expectations high. I think I made a post at some point asking if a PR fighting game was feasible, so let's hope for the best.

Though, I will stand by my opinion that a good Power Rangers Musou game is what the franchise could use, or a strong ARPG. Not necessarily this.

feroca

Banned
May 12, 2018
Cross platform too?! Hmm. Looks...decent. Though the only background shown looks too plain.

Right? Power rangers has always been about team work. A fighting game is against the spirit of that, even if you account for 2v2 battles.

Where are the zords? The transformations? The story and interactions between rangers?
Well, we already got fighting games in the past so is nothing out of the extraordinary. :p

GuitarGuruu

Oct 26, 2017
I don't think it looks that bad? I'm curious to see what the end product looks like but always down to check out a fighting game.

RM8

Oct 28, 2017
JP
I don't mind low-bugdet-ness and I'd be willing to give it a try if it's fun.

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I mean it looks like it's just Legacy Wars the mobile game from the same dev just ported to consoles and given some new controls

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
It's not that bad for a C Tier licensed game of a long gone propety... I just hope there's much more than the original Power Rangers and lets us play as some staple villains. Even if they're clones and unbalanced like in MvC2, it's a game for having fun.

Oct 25, 2017
This looks to be an enhanced console port of that mobile tap fighting game Legacy Wars. The models and the gameplay look the same to me. Probably just redid the UI and mapped new controls.
I thought it was fun for a mobile game but too grindy and the menus were too cluttered to easily understand.
If adding a price tag means removing the mobile grind shit then I might be tempted, otherwise pass.

Last edited:

Inugami

Oct 25, 2017
This feels like an internal demo reel (what with almost no gameplay or characters shown off)... but that hard release date and so close? Maaan.... Not like this.

Delio

Oct 25, 2017
My dreams of a PR/Sentai Musou ( that is actually good) will forever never happen.

Yazuka

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
I was hoping this was going to be a Power Rangers Musou.
Guess I'll keep dreaming about it. This looks okay, guess I'll give it a try.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
Anyone worth their weight in salt would have absolutely used Super Sentai instead.....

Also their is only one really good Power Rangers fighting game and it's The Fighting Edition for SNES

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
Legacy Wars is fun for the first 5 exp levels. The roster is really nice too.

Let's see how they handle ranger unlocking