- Nov 27, 2017
Official Site: https://battleforthegrid.com/
Nintendo Switch/Xbox One: 3/26/19; PS4(EU): 3/28/19; PS4(NA): April 4
Pricing(Same for all platforms):
Standard Edition: $20
Digital Collectors Edition: $40, includes the Season one Pass(3 Characters, and a New Character Skin), classic Pink Ranger Skin for Ranger Slayer and a Lord Drakkon Evo 2 skin.
Pre-orders included a Green Ranger Evo 2 skin, however they have closed for both Xbox One and Switch, and were only available through the official sit. PS4 and PC preorders will be there too when they open.
Xbox One, Switch and PC have Cross Play, and Cross Progression for costumes and characters
Power Rangers: Battle For The Grid is a Marvel Vs Capcom 2/3 style fighting game with easy to learn hard to master frantic 3 Versus 3 gameplay.
Game Modes: More to come in later updates
- Online fighting with seasons and qualifying matches
- Online play without league points
- Set of Seven matches and a final boss, lineup varies between characters and there may be a reward for clearing multiple(?). Also certain battles have arcade style caption statements between characters.
- Battle your friends or the computer
Characters: (Full Bios on official site, basic archetypes will be listed here though. I am not a fighting game player, so if you guys don’t mind lending me a hand on the blanks)
- Red Ranger(MMPR, Jason)
- Green Ranger(MMPR, Tommy)
- Yellow Ranger(Megaforce, Gia)
- Keep away hybrid
- Lord Drakkon(MMPR/Boom comics, Tommy/Evil)
- Big Bodied Grappler with ranged tools
- Ranger Slayer(MMPR Pink/Boom comics, Kimberly)
- Technical Ranged Bow and arrow character
- Magna Defender(Lost Galaxy, Mike)
- Kat Ranger(SPD Kat)
- Rushdown with cross ups, beginner friendly
- Mastadon Sentry(MMPR Black, Evil Generic)
- Cenozoic Blue Ranger(MMPR Reboot 2017, ancient alien ranger)
- Udonna(Mystic force white/mentor)
- Dragon Armor Trini(Boom alternate mmpr): Grappler
Unlockable Characters: Currently Unknown, will be updated in spoilers when known if there are any
Leaked Characters: by messing with image directories on the site supposedly 2 characters(so far) have been found. However what their status whether DLC or Unlockable is unknown. If you want to know who, the info is in the following spoiler
Zeo Gold(likely Jason), and Mystic White
- Dino Megazord
- Mega Goldar
Post Launch Support:
FAQ(will be expanded over time)
Q:Are there Lobbies?
A:Not at launch
Q: Where is Story Mode?
A: Also didn’t make launch, will be coming in the near future
Q: why is the season pass cheaper than the deluxe version?
A: The deluxe version includes 2 exclusive skins, Drakkon evo.2 and Pink Ranger Slayer, whether or not that’s worth 5 bucks is up to you
Launch Character overview video:
I’ll keep this up to date best I can, sorry it’s not too flashy. I’m not too in deep on fighting games, so if anyone wants to help me update the info fighting game wise I’m open to it, thanks.
Important update: Green Ranger mk 2 is now a bonus to any purchase made prior to April 3 on the respective online store