• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Best Launch Ranger who's not Tommy

• MMPR Red

Votes: 131 33.4%
  • Megaforce Yellow

Votes: 24 6.1%
  • Magna Defender

Votes: 61 15.6%
  • Kat Ranger

Votes: 48 12.2%
  • Ranger Slayer

Votes: 97 24.7%
  • Goldar

Votes: 31 7.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AxkilAvenger

Banned
Apr 8, 2018
If they add Rita, it's gotta be the 2017 movie version. I love mighty Morphin but she looks silly as a fighter just like Alpha 5

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
2 for one - get a Rita and another green Ranger technically :D

I didn't even think about it that way.

The petty side of me (which is like 95% of me, lbr) would have loved if they announced "The Green Ranger" and had it be Rita with no Tommy in the launch. Obviously, that wouldn't happen but I would have enjoyed the show.

Clearly, I'm not a Tommy fan but I recognize his importance to the franchise. Please don't lecture me.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
If they add Rita, it's gotta be the 2017 movie version. I love mighty Morphin but she looks silly as a fighter just like Alpha 5
I won't argue against more movie representation.

Maybe they could also add a Krispy Kreme stage alongside her, lol.

Please don't actually add that stage.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
They usually do up to two, q major update then some info or a stream or site update. They are semi active

Magna and Kat for me. They are both quite popular in the comments. Sentry and pink are only mentioned once or twice though

Started lost galaxy, looking forward to seeing Magna Defender in action. Also from his one episode cameo in in space Adam> Zack, as the latter didn't even leave an impression in the dozen episodes of mmpr I watched

I meant actual update on the "updates" and the progress. Not just "hey we're streaming, here's some combos!" type stuff.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games

Rangers, the latest patch (1.1.2) addresses the following bug fixes:
  • Fixed an issue causing high and low block to not function properly in online matches
  • Fixed an issue with Kat and Goldar causing them to soft-lock when hit by certain combos
  • Fixed an issue with Goldar incorrectly transitioning from high to low block
  • Fixed an issue with Goldar having an incorrect cancel window into Air S, causing soft-lock
  • Adjusted juggle limiter values on Green Ranger, Goldar, Mastodon Sentry, and Kat to prevent undesired loops

AxkilAvenger

Banned
Apr 8, 2018
Fuck I knew it was gonna drop this week! My prayers were answered!
Edit: wait so the new characters aren't in this patch?

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
On the bright side I'm happy they didn't make us wait longer for the game to get fixed.

Really excited to see Trini, also!

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
That armor is so bulky that I'm sure it has unique attacks. If anything normal Trini would have to be a whole different character, I think.

one of my biggest criticisms of this game, is that there's so many Power Rangers series to take from and yet most of the roster is taken from the Boom comics.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017

Rangers, the latest patch (1.1.2) addresses the following bug fixes:
  • Fixed an issue causing high and low block to not function properly in online matches
  • Fixed an issue with Kat and Goldar causing them to soft-lock when hit by certain combos
  • Fixed an issue with Goldar incorrectly transitioning from high to low block
  • Fixed an issue with Goldar having an incorrect cancel window into Air S, causing soft-lock
  • Adjusted juggle limiter values on Green Ranger, Goldar, Mastodon Sentry, and Kat to prevent undesired loops

Now we can TRULY start putting it in online. Watch out for infinites yall.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
one of my biggest criticisms of this game, is that there's so many Power Rangers series to take from and yet most of the roster is taken from the Boom comics.

As someone who isn't up to date with the comic, the roster is super confusing to me. Like how would that attract anyone who just watched the show? But I guess the Boom comic has a big enough audience?

But the biggest head scratcher is movie I'm-not-Billy, who isn't even a comic character.

Can someone enlighten me why there'd be problems with overlap of characters? I think that was the reason given that this wasn't movie Billy, but I don't get it, why can't there be two Billys (who are from completely different continuities) or even two trinis with different movesets?

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
As someone who isn't up to date with the comic, the roster is super confusing to me. Like how would that attract anyone who just watched the show? But I guess the Boom comic has a big enough audience?

But the biggest head scratcher is movie I'm-not-Billy, who isn't even a comic character.

Can someone enlighten me why there'd be problems with overlap of characters? I think that was the reason given that this wasn't movie Billy, but I don't get it, why can't there be two Billys (who are from completely different continuities) or even two trinis with different movesets?
Because there's 25 years worth of shows and people would like anything other than mmpr and alt mmpr(which Drakkon, suites Trini and sentry are). People do like other shows

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017

It would be a waste(?). Tommy/Jason are getting two character slots so it's not really a problem, Trini and Billy just aren't popular enough for that.
Besides we need characters that came after MMPR and before 2015.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Because there's 25 years worth of shows and people would like anything other than mmpr and alt mmpr(which Drakkon, suites Trini and sentry are). People do like other shows

That makes sense, I guess it seemed like it was a rule or something. For instance, what's the harm in letting that movie blue ranger be the Billy ranger instead of some never-even-seen-onscreen variant?

Remapped88

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I want characters from In Space. Where's Andros? Where's Ecliptor?
Same, Ecliptor is my #1 pick as a character but I'm not sure he'd get in soon :(. Also I wouldn't mind Psycho Red, TJ or Zhane.

Obviously we need Shane with Psycho Silver alt
Give it time they want to add a lot.

Also Trini's Intro on the Instagram version is voiced, so chalk that up as another thing that missed launch

Dope, took a small break from the game so I'm eager to see how she plays. Heard she was a grappler of some sort :).

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Same, Ecliptor is my #1 pick as a character but I'm not sure he'd get in soon :(. Also I wouldn't mind Psycho Red, TJ or Zhane.

Dope, took a small break from the game so I'm eager to see how she plays. Heard she was a grappler of some sort :).
I mean Zhane would technically get us a Psycho as a costume.... also Ecliptor with the floating head would be hilarious

Also thought, what if the lack of voice acting at launch was due to them still recording for the delayed story mode and choosing not to include any voices until that released

LincolnTunnel

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Man, if we got one In Space rep, I think I fall into the Ecliptor camp. While I love Zhane as well as the idea of a Psycho Silver alt, the game needs more villains. The only real significant villains are Drakkon and Goldar, and Update 1 isn't adding any more.

AxkilAvenger

Banned
Apr 8, 2018
Looks like the textures on the rocks in the forest level have been improved. Think I see more detail..but then again I'm watching the tweet from my phone. Game could be getting a graphics overhaul

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Adjusted juggle limiter values on Green Ranger, Goldar, Mastodon Sentry, and Kat to prevent undesired loops

Good to hear. I'm only familiar with Goldar's loop, but even limiting it to 3 loops would be fine. It's just as it is now, he builds enough meter from 4 loops to go into his super and kill.

I guess it's dropped to 2 loops though.

Virtu Al

Oct 25, 2017
Italy, Rome
You know, one of the things that I always found a bummer in comparison to Super Sentai, is how Power Rangers are named. While in Super Sentai you have unique names for each member ( Dynared, Tenma Ranger, Sasori Orange, GaoBlack, TyrannoRanger and so on...) PR mostly have to either rely on the ranger's real life name or something unnecessarily long like "The Mystic Force Red Ranger".

It's a kinda silly complaint, I know, but I always liked how that roll call business in sentai always gave an emphasis on the hero persona of each ranger, sometimes even having some special subtitle to them. Like in Kyuranger where each ranger's name is preceded by "Trick Star", "Ring Star", "Silent Star" and so on.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
You know, one of the things that I always found a bummer in comparison to Super Sentai, is how Power Rangers are named. While in Super Sentai you have unique names for each member ( Dynared, Tenma Ranger, Sasori Orange, GaoBlack, TyrannoRanger and so on...) PR mostly have to either rely on the ranger's real life name or something unnecessarily long like "The Mystic Force Red Ranger".

It's a kinda silly complaint, I know, but I always liked how that roll call business in sentai always gave an emphasis on the hero persona of each ranger, sometimes even having some special subtitle to them. Like in Kyuranger where each ranger's name is preceded by "Trick Star", "Ring Star", "Silent Star" and so on.
Shrug I always thought it more as a sign of unity as a team to show they are the newest in a line of heroes(with secondary rangers and some general exceptions. With Graphite ranger or Magna Defender) it falls in with the western comic legacy hero tradition

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dragon Armor Trini is a big body character?!

What did I miss from the story lol

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Dragon Armor Trini is a big body character?!

What did I miss from the story lol
In the comics apparently Drakkon warps the dragon zord into armor. Prime mmpr reality hop and while reclaiming their power coins manage to steal the suit out of the grid and Trini uses it to stall Rita while Billy reclaims his coin

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I really appreciate that the developers are going for some MMPR reps that aren't just the base characters from their original TV incarnations.

Dragon Armor Trini breakdown

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Black Dragon Trini

• cannot LMH. Must transition with crouching moves to magic series
  • M is her anti air.
  • cr L is her go to poke
  • target combos are her thing. Mashable L is good to go in, Mashable M is the launcher, HH is a stagger state you can combo from
  • Has a nega beam special. Starts blasting the ground with a beam and slowly sweeps it forward to full screen along ground. Great combo ender. Punishable point blank on block so careful if you use it on strings...spacing required
  • Has a great full screen mixup with her other two specials. One is a full screen grab. Think Lariat Express with Broly. The other is a full screen AIR UNBLOCKABLE arching dive. So they either try to jump the grab or standing block the dive. The startup on BOTH is so long where she charges her boosters for them that if you call an assist and tag out full screen (say from Green Rangers dive kick assist) you can actually lose Black Trini off the edge of the screen but she will still charge in and do her attack. Since both have the same startup they now have to deal with an unreadable mixup...potentially a left right mixup as well if you tagged in and jumped to the other side before trini did her attack! Great for tags
  • her assist is the negabeam. Absolutely great
  • huge body means more combos work on her than others. Easy to get bopped
  • Has a great air special...a dropping stomp that earthquakes! Great combo tool
  • Her jumping L and H juggle her jumping M does not. Keep this in mind during jump combos. They are L a swipe, M a stomp below her in the air, H a BIG tail swipe
  • Has huge health. Average is 950...she has 1150.
  • has a gorgeous color alt thats dragonzord colored
  • Super is a full screen kamehameha style beam

Last edited:

Scarlet Spider

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I want characters from In Space. Where's Andros? Where's Ecliptor?

SIvlCGn.gif

Agreed, best Rangers need representation ASAP.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
That will be welcome, definitely. Are they attempting soundalikes at all, though?
Unconfirmed but seems they might be sound bytes from the show. I heard Dragon power for tommy. Considering he was already contracted for the advertising I'd be surprised if they didn't get jdf at least