• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Best Launch Ranger who's not Tommy

• MMPR Red

Votes: 131 33.4%
  • Megaforce Yellow

Votes: 24 6.1%
  • Magna Defender

Votes: 61 15.6%
  • Kat Ranger

Votes: 48 12.2%
  • Ranger Slayer

Votes: 97 24.7%
  • Goldar

Votes: 31 7.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oct 25, 2017
You guys should check out the BOOM comics! They're actually pretty great, and lapsed fans that fell off after Mighty Morphin should feel themselves right at home.

I enjoyed it quite a bit through the shattered grid arc.
I'm kinda waiting for it to pick up again through. Beyond the Grid has been a little slow.
However I haven't kept up with Go Go so I don't know how that's going right now.

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
I want to, after I heard about Shattered Grid I got really curious and then I learned about that 1960s or whatever decade it was mini-arc and got even more curious!

The 60's mini-arc is pretty good, but shattered grid is an all out great comic arc. One of my favourites of the year so far. (Yeah, I'm also late on the Shattered Grid train lol)

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It would be neat if one of the DLC characters was the Ryu Ranger with street fighter inspired playstyle.
I always think guest characters are such a fun idea in fighting games.

yH3HFexm.jpg

It would be nice if the Green v2 had the sword of darkness instead of the dragon dagger since as far as I know there is not currently a Tommy that has it even though there is already more than one Tommy. But then I guess that would require it to be more than a skin. Maybe it's better suited as an alternate skin for Tyrano Jason, that character uses a sword already.

tumblr_nr6xw2ReOU1s2zwu1o8_500.gif
Maybe... the preorder promo had it.
power-rangers-battle-for-the-grid-green-ranger-1154282.jpg

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
I'm lowkey very hyped about Super Megaforce Yellow just because Luka was my favourite Gokaiger and this is probably the only chance I'll get to play as her lol

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
Is Magna Defender considered a ranger? I always thought he was an extra hero/ally like Ninjor

Diggeh

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like the eShop listings for the game, skins, and CE are up, but no V2 (can't order any yet though). Are they seriously not going to sell the V2 skin separately but keep it as a website preorder exclusive? That's going to be really annoying.

Everything about this release has been very confusing and stealth-launch-esque. I really want them to succeed!

ninjabot

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm in for Switch. Here's hoping they give us a Psycho Ranger eventually. Also Ninja Storm Yellow.

VariantX

Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, SC
Someone please tell me that shadow ranger is on the short list of DLC. That dude single handedly made me want to watch SPD or power rangers at all for a while. The last time being when Tommy came back

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
Someone please tell me that shadow ranger is on the short list of DLC. That dude single handedly made me want to watch SPD or power rangers at all for a while. The last time being when Tommy came back
He has a decent shot of getting in I would say.
There's only one slot left though.

Remapped88

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Going with Magna Defender, Goldar and maybe either Kat or Drakkon! Also if Lord Zedd is in, I'd probs pick him as the 3rd.

Also the last PR show I watched was Power Rangers In Space so I'd love to see more villians like Ecliptor or one of the Psycho Rangers(Red probs) in the future....especially Ecliptor since he was dope.
D5Mjldm.jpg
qy0jeRi.jpg

Deleted member 13707

Account closed at user request
Oct 27, 2017
I pre-ordered it for Xbox off the website. I fully expect to not get my code until the end of the week lol. Best of luck, ERAngers.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Is it too late to preorder the special edition for Xbox? I don't see it anywhere on the store. :(

EDIT: was it really only available through their website? :|

EDIT 2: my answers were in the OP and I'm a dummy.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Going with Magna Defender, Goldar and maybe either Kat or Drakkon! Also if Lord Zedd is in, I'd probs pick him as the 3rd.

Also the last PR show I watched was Power Rangers In Space so I'd love to see more villians like Ecliptor or one of the Psycho Rangers(Red probs) in the future....especially Ecliptor since he was dope.
D5Mjldm.jpg
qy0jeRi.jpg
Hey Ecliptor could be a Magna Defender clone!

Oct 25, 2017
Dont have my Switch preorder code yet

D5Mjldm.jpg
qy0jeRi.jpg

I'd be so into Ecliptor.

In Space badly needs some representation here anyway as one of the most popular seasons ever.

Cameron122

Rescued from SR388
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Really excited for this game but it sucks that A. They're not taking preorders anymore (who tf takes down preorders?) and B, there will be only 9 characters at launch. It's gonna be good fun though.

BackwardCap

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Do they send you an additional pre-order code in a new email or is it on the receipt of purchase?

Oct 25, 2017
Watching some gameplay on youtube, curious that Drakkon's Black Dragon zord is pictured in the menu but is not available as a playable character or an assist zord.
I guess that probably means it's on the way right? All the other characters pictured on that screen are playable

Edit: That's Trini wearing the small version as armor. So Black Dragon Trini fighter?
C4tQNqe.jpg

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
Dont have my Switch preorder code yet

I'd be so into Ecliptor.

In Space badly needs some representation here anyway as one of the most popular seasons ever.

For real, In Space and Time Force deserve more! Ransik or Jen would be badass.
Watching some gameplay on youtube, curious that Drakkon's Black Dragon zord is pictured in the menu but is not available as a playable character or an assist zord.
I guess that probably means it's on the way right? All the other characters pictured are playable

Edit: That's Trini wearing the small version as armor. So Black Dragon Trini?

hold on hold on. Where is this?

Spiritreaver

Oct 26, 2017
weird, I just tried the same since I had put it in the cart as well and it told me it was "SOLD OUT" during the final checkout step.
Weird, might be for the best though. I read that codes went out for some people, but I haven't got one yet. I have an order confirmation and it shows on the site. I'm expecting the worst, lol.

Bombadil

Oct 25, 2017
Near the Withywindle river
Thought it might be an issue with the region of the code since I'm in Canada, but I guess we'll just have to wait until the morning or afternoon to try again.

Weird, might be for the best though. I read that codes went out for some people, but I haven't got one yet. I have an order confirmation and it shows on the site. I'm expecting the worst, lol.
Seems the few of us who got the codes can't even redeem them lol.

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe the codes don't become active until midnight PST or something
I've encountered restrictions with codes like that before

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
I guess that probably means it's on the way right? All the other characters pictured on that screen are playable

Edit: That's Trini wearing the small version as armor. So Black Dragon Trini fighter?
C4tQNqe.jpg

Edit nevermind its the same image as posted before.

Gunkankun

Oct 29, 2017
Anyone got their Switch pre-order code(s) yet? I emailed them but haven't gotten any reply yet.