• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Best Launch Ranger who's not Tommy

• MMPR Red

Votes: 131 33.4%
  • Megaforce Yellow

Votes: 24 6.1%
  • Magna Defender

Votes: 61 15.6%
  • Kat Ranger

Votes: 48 12.2%
  • Ranger Slayer

Votes: 97 24.7%
  • Goldar

Votes: 31 7.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
He can't actually contend with all types of zoning himself and theres some ranged folk that typically mess him up. Generally can't deal with two targets at once So I just frustrate him with assists to create openings. I run one assist to force a block or force him to fire in a direction in particular (either up or forward) and then I go in.
Folks like Slayer have a slide and arrow shot that typically get in around or under his tools too and others l ike Gia have ranged weapons that get in around him from afar. Multishot projectiles suck for him too because he can't handle them all. A few asssists completely shutdown his game too with lockdown. Trini laser, Slayer's arrow spread shot, Jenns hidden missile, Greens drill kick,Magna defenders shotgun. Anything that forces blocking, or has a LOT of hitstun. creates a helluva opening to get on top of him. After that dont just flail away. Mix in a lot of throws and knockdown setups. Point blank Sentry players often result in shoulder ram and it leaves em open if blocked so bait it and throw em till they're nervous and watch them fall apart. Then you can start pressuring all day once you force your way in as described.

Get used to jump in and then doing nothing but blocking as a bait vs Sentry. The guy has a counter super and if you dont get the habit of patience and not hitting buttons on him he will make you suffer. Bait, block and punish is how you fight him and use assists often. A point sentry with assists requires it.

Do you have a team or general bunch of rangers you play yet or just asking for general advice? Theres some who completely destroy him like Ranger Slayer and Quantum Ranger.

So I'm getting back into the game after not playing for a long while and bought Season Pass 2 and Jen Scotts.

Thus far my team has been since coming back is: Jen Scotts, Dai Shi, and Kat Manx. I tend to go with the characters I think look the coolest haha.

Edit: It should be noted that I'm constantly swapping it up. With the exception of Dai Shi. Looks too cool to get rid of.

Last edited:

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm getting back into the game after not playing for a long while and bought Season Pass 2 and Jen Scotts.

Thus far my team has been since coming back is: Jen Scotts, Dai Shi, and Kat Manx. I tend to go with the characters I think look the coolest haha.

Edit: It should be noted that I'm constantly swapping it up. With the exception of Dai Shi. Looks too cool to get rid of.
O_O
That is LITERALLY the most powerful pressure team in the game. Like once your in the corner you stay there and have to block for an hour.
The core of Jen Scotts and Kat Manx forever was THE duo that made it. They both got incredibly long block strings and great pressure. But you add Daishi you gain even in the corner just ridiculous mixups off his assist and tags. Plus you got Hidden Missile assist and Kat for Dai shi. Here just look at mixups.

I think you might be playing Gadget Gurus current team.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Posted this in fighting era but folks should see it here too.

For those that missed out on Dai Shi for power rangers battle for the grid heres a how to a member of the discord community did that breaks down the options and building blocks of all his combo work. The character had huge damage potential and mixup potential as well so enjoy.

These things bring back good memories of maximilian educating marvel 3 folk with breakdowns.

Discord link for those eager for a very active community that's helpful as well as a place the devs chat and take feedback while leaving sneakpeaks at things they're adding.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Posted this in fighting era but folks should see it here too.

For those that missed out on Dai Shi for power rangers battle for the grid heres a how to a member of the discord community did that breaks down the options and building blocks of all his combo work. The character had huge damage potential and mixup potential as well so enjoy.

These things bring back good memories of maximilian educating marvel 3 folk with breakdowns.

Discord link for those eager for a very active community that's helpful as well as a place the devs chat and take feedback while leaving sneakpeaks at things they're adding.

Have we gotten a season 3 tease yet? I need me some Ziggy green ranger

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Is there anyway to reset your online rank? Without deleting your save?

Cause I got to Gold awhile ago and now Gold is filled with people who are stupid good. Like combo you from 100 to 0 good.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Yall get ready for 1.7 update. Shady k teasers in discord are kinda nuts. Drakkons genocide cutter assist has a great option now. If you call assist and tag to Drakkon during its active frames you can cancel out of his assist midair onto an overhead. That's right...you can cancel an AA into an air normal. Imagine if Ken could cancel shoryu into an air normal. And ita super low to the ground too. I'm gonna try dashup genocide cutter into overhead.

Also Doggies slashes can cancel on whif into a second slash and they lowered the minimum height restrictions on his slash so hes got overheads and more shit too. Much faster pressure there.

Looks like green ranger can do the Drakkon cancel during his assist into overheads too from what folks say. This may be a new mechanic outright.

Get ready...1.7 looking crazy as fuck.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Yall get ready for 1.7 update. Shady k teasers in discord are kinda nuts. Drakkons genocide cutter assist has a great option now. If you call assist and tag to Drakkon during its active frames you can cancel out of his assist midair onto an overhead. That's right...you can cancel an AA into an air normal. Imagine if Ken could cancel shoryu into an air normal. And ita super low to the ground too. I'm gonna try dashup genocide cutter into overhead.

Also Doggies slashes can cancel on whif into a second slash and they lowered the minimum height restrictions on his slash so hes got overheads and more shit too. Much faster pressure there.

Looks like green ranger can do the Drakkon cancel during his assist into overheads too from what folks say. This may be a new mechanic outright.

Get ready...1.7 looking crazy as fuck.
Yeah... but when will season 3(and hopefully Ziggy) be announced

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah... but when will season 3(and hopefully Ziggy) be announced
This is the real battle - exciting new gameplay changes, and looking into a deep roster of beloved characters who have yet to be announced.
a30.gif

The hunger for both is real.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Bums is having a tourney for bftg with nice cash prizes. Get hype yall.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
when you don't care about timings and canceling it sounds like just a small balance patch :P
Its gonna be a pretty stellar thing for Drakkon. His assist is AA and its also a tool that he uses to relaunch in combos quite often. He's always had damage issues and this could provide some easier routes for him to AA and cancel into air normals low to the ground. He's still a dude that needs a horizontal assist to approach but it makes him a lot safer on what he tries to do as well as more viable on damage. Green Ranger canceling his drill kick into this will be absolutely nuts. I expect Ranger Slayer and Jenn Scott to have some crazy stuff with this sorta cancel off their AA if they get it too and its a universal mechanic change.

FatPuppy

Jun 18, 2018
Don't know if it means anything for future costumes in the console/PC game, but the mobile game just added Zeo Red for Tommy Oliver.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Don't know if it means anything for future costumes in the console/PC game, but the mobile game just added Zeo Red for Tommy Oliver.
Considering how many alts Tommy gets I could easily see them eventually pumping out all his old suits as alts. He's one of the few they can easily get an alt made for because he's been so many Rangers in the past. Every single alt color has to be approved by the holder of the Power Rangers License and thats very much been an issue for the team since it means they can't make color alts easily at all since each has to go through approval. Tommy however does NOT need to go through all that since he isn't using color alts but instead is using original Power Ranger designs from other Rangers he has been.

My hope is a way to sidestep the issues they're having with color alts is that they take advantage of the Battle for the Grid comic portion of the agreement and start making Drakkon Soldier alts for rangers like how Ranger Slayer and Pink Ranger are alts for each other. There was a full ranger war and it had a TON of dark alternate designs on rangers that'd look great. Red had a cape, we all love Mastodon Sentry, ton of ninja ranger stuff...just neat things to hitup. Kinda hurts em though since full model swaps is by far more work than just recolors so they may just have weighed that option and said its better to the players to focus more on new characters and more polish on moves than doin more models for each ranger.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Considering how many alts Tommy gets I could easily see them eventually pumping out all his old suits as alts. He's one of the few they can easily get an alt made for because he's been so many Rangers in the past. Every single alt color has to be approved by the holder of the Power Rangers License and thats very much been an issue for the team since it means they can't make color alts easily at all since each has to go through approval. Tommy however does NOT need to go through all that since he isn't using color alts but instead is using original Power Ranger designs from other Rangers he has been.

My hope is a way to sidestep the issues they're having with color alts is that they take advantage of the Battle for the Grid comic portion of the agreement and start making Drakkon Soldier alts for rangers like how Ranger Slayer and Pink Ranger are alts for each other. There was a full ranger war and it had a TON of dark alternate designs on rangers that'd look great. Red had a cape, we all love Mastodon Sentry, ton of ninja ranger stuff...just neat things to hitup. Kinda hurts em though since full model swaps is by far more work than just recolors so they may just have weighed that option and said its better to the players to focus more on new characters and more polish on moves than doin more models for each ranger.
Tommy's in a weird place that's both a blessing and a curse. Like, I was thrilled to get his White Ranger skin, and even more surprised and happy to see that it ALSO affected his super - replacing his Dragonzord attack with the Tigerzord. His Zeo Red skin might work just well enough as well, with the special being the Red Battlezord, though Zeo Red never really fought with a dagger or short sword like the other two... but even the V2 Green Ranger skin got around that with the Sword of Darkness, so that may work.

But I'd really like his Dino Thunder skin, but Dino Thunder Black really didn't fight like the other version of Tommy. His trick gimmicks were the elemental Brachio staff powers and his Super Dino Mode power ups, which makes him more viable as a unique fighter than a skin, but I also don't want the game to start filling up with Tommys on the roster over countless other great characters. I'm not sure what I'd do, but I know his popularity is ripe for leveraging (hell, I bought the skin ASAP and pre-ordered the V2 Green outfit).

But in terms of alternate skins... that well is really deep. I agree, Ranger Slayer and regular Pink Ranger sharing a spot is great, but there are so many different iterations of almost everyone on the roster already. The comics have been a treasure trove of new uniforms. I'd like them to focus on new additions, but here's just a sample of some viable skins for many of the current roster of Rangers:

Magna Defender
legiao_LURFO2a6h0fX9yiP_SGNszeckbjpM7HdJTYIgn81mu.jpeg.jpeg

Kim/Ranger Slayer
424e712d38f1ad865945c5f71771e977.jpg

Lord Drakkon
lord_drakkon_s_final_form_by_scourge1985_dckbcys-300w.jpg

Jason
Red-Omega-Ranger.jpg

Dai Shi

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
I been seeing a lotta scrubby talk parroted on discord of folks saying they want zords gone. I'm gonna spell it out here why that's an absolutely terrible idea and just salt induced excuse making for losses.

Zords prevent snowballing of games and roster distillation focusing on teams suited for top anchors.

This is why.

What do you lose when you are down to your last character and have no assists?

• You lose damage. You can no longer extend combos with an assist meaning you have to perform trickier to extend solo combos.
  • You lose mobility and cant control neutral. You now cant call an assist to allow you to jump or dash or really press your offense into your opponents space.
  • You lose reversal tools and thus are meter restricted. Often assists are used to force pressure off you so you can collect yourself and start your stuff. Without an assist you will more and more often need meter for reversal options like ex or super when down to one character as the assist based pressure of opponents leave you little ways out of blockstrings and mixups. This is doubly bad as you needed that meter for damage in combos since you now have fewer combo routes.
  • You are permanently at a health disadvantage. You cant tag out now so you cant heal. This puts the opponent who can tag out and heal at a major advantage and puts triple emphasis on you needing to get damage from combos
  • Roster and team tier dramatically narrow in viability. If you face all of the above once you are down to your anchor it distills the meta more than ever towards emphasizing the selection of the best anchors that can solo pressure and solo damage well. That in turn distills team structure around who is best with those anchors forcing many in the roster into irrelevance. Think Vergil and Doom in umvc3 streams. They were nonstop.
If you are down to your last dude in an assist based tag fighter this is what happens to the meta without zords. The game snowballs against comebacks like mad.

ZORDS ALLOW YOU ASSIST OPTIONS/DAMAGE/REVERSALS/NEUTRAL CONTROL EVEN WHEN DOWN TO LAST CHARACTER .

The scrubby parrots are saying this isnt balanced. Heres why they are wrong and your options
  • If zord is activated you KNOW what they are going to do...push buttons. This means you know to use reversal tools more.
  • You can Run and Block to wait out their timer on zords. Play defensive and stop flowcharting for 5 seconds. Seriously. All they got is zord backup.
  • Ex moves are invincible. You know they'll push buttons. Fish for it use ex ignore the zord and enjoy your oki because now you can put em in blockstu and eat the clock on zords
  • Super. Many will protect you from zord or leave you at an advantage or safe if they trade with one. They got a hit but they still need more to kill so just tag swap later to heal it back.
  • Armored moves into grabs. You know they'll hit buttons. You got armor blow that up and grab. The grab leaves you safe from the zord that come out and you can combo them
  • Pressure them. Seriously. Their backs to the wall. Suffocate em and dont let up. You likely got assists to help so wait out the zord timer by forcing em to block.
Anyone who wants zords gone will only be even worse without them. They wanna complain when they got all them options against them and with them? Scrubby whining. Most they could reasonably ask for is no chip damage ko or less zord launches allowed in a combo if they're worried because thatd prevent teams down to 2 dudes from running you to death.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Hot takes all around today on the discord but I think folks have stopped with the hot takes for now and are finally trying to suggest ways around their real problems with zords which really do prevent more problems than they cause.

1. Folks can ex cancel to zord. That's an invincible reversal that leads to touch of death.
2. There are zord unblockable setups.
3. You can call them before your down to your last character making them available for reverse snowballing. Losing a character meaning your team is stronger than at full roster has no current counter measure and rewards bad play.
4. Zord damage in combo is so high that it replaces combos instead of just enabling you to perform real ones.
5. Zord loops do more damage quicker and easier than infinites.
6. Zords can cause chip death on their own and have enormous hitboxes

ALL OF THESE ARE EASY TWEAKS.
  • No ex cancel to zord
  • No chip death ko
  • Unblockable detection since those are just as bad for games as infinites imo.
  • And either the option to lockout their zord somehow at the cost of your own if your read them calling it or just don't let them call zords till last character
Honestly high damage at last character means zord damage is fine because you got to earn the mixup and run it back still. All those are an option before even imposing any limits on number of zord hits in a combo.

Amazing what people can come up with for solid critical feedback and dev suggestions when they stop whining and bein salty with hot takes saying shit sucks and to remove mechanics lol. They gave some cool ideas once they actually tried to think through what was a bit too much about them that had em so salty.

That's my take away at least. Regardless of your player rank you can still be better than an angry casual with your gripes. Hot takes need to go away.

KingM

Oct 28, 2017
What characters are strong at zoning in this game and how viable is zoning overall? I want to drive players crazy at the local by playing like a turtley-zoning ass bitch.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
What characters are strong at zoning in this game and how viable is zoning overall? I want to drive players crazy at the local by playing like a turtley-zoning ass bitch.
Trey , Red, Goldar, Magna, Gia, Quantum and Jenn are all solid. If you wanna zone Sentry is the best but he needs the assists. You can try to harass with quantum but its ehhhhh. Sword upper into install Infinites is more his purpose. Udonna has Icey freezes and zones some but shes rather weak.

I'm thinking for zoning go all in as Mastodon Sentry and maybe use Red and Quantum as his buds. Red can finish your combos and does everything well with blasters in neutral and easy combos and quantum assist is legit and hes easy infinites.
If your new use Sentry and red and Gia though. Gia is easy peasy and her guns are super good. Sentry red gia would own all neutral

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Btw for those not in the discord who haven't read the early patch notes for the next update here they are though still subject to change.

upcoming bftg patch said:
Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid "1.7" Tentative Combat Changes
New Combat Mechanic: Controllable Recovery
  • "Soft knockdown" recovery system has been reworked, giving the juggled/downed player more agency and interactivity in how they recover, (based on their directional input). This change should make these knockdown situations more intuitive for both the attacker and the defender. (In previous versions, characters knocked down automatically performed a backflip or pop-up recovery, arbitrarily.)
The defensive options available include:
  • Quick recover: while landing from a soft knockdown, the player can choose to immediately recover in place or perform a retreating backflip upon landing, determined by the directional input they are holding. Down (↓) to pop up in place, back (away from the enemy) to perform a retreating backflip.
  • Normal get-up (also known as a "delayed wake-up"): this is automatically performed by the character if the directional control is left in neutral (i.e., no directional input at all). The character will fall and lie on the ground, invulnerable to all attacks for a brief period, before defaulting to their in-place pop-up recovery.
  • It is possible to manually perform one of the two recovery options (in-place pop-up and retreating backflip) at any point during this brief downed period, affording the recovering player a chance to throw off the aggressor's attack patterns.
  • (Note) OTG (off-the-ground) knockdowns (a.k.a. "hard knockdowns") do NOT leave the victim in a controllable recovery state. These knockdowns force the enemy into specific wake-up timings.
  • (Note) "Hard knockdown" attacks in Battle for the Grid refer to moves like Tommy's forward medium, Gia's Super, and all other attacks that inflict wall bounce or sliding knockdown. "Soft knockdowns" refer to all other knockdown and juggle states.
Universal Combat Adjustments
  • Meter gain has been reduced across the board by roughly 30%, mitigating "touch of death" potential at the beginning of a match.
  • Meter gain for successfully guarding Swap Strikes and EX Attacks increased dramatically. For example, successfully blocking a wake-up Swap Strike or EX Attack, the blocker is rewarded with up to half of a Super stock for successfully baiting out the opponent's invincible reversal.
  • Meter gain for the victim being successfully hit by an EX Attack or Swap Strike increased slightly.
  • These changes are aimed to emphasize decision-based meter management.
  • +100 health added to every character to make it a bit more difficult to KO off of a single combo, although still possible, with skill and proper resources.
  • Swap Strike invulnerability window decreased.
  • Invincibility period now ends 1 frame before the attack's first active frame, making them "beatable" with well-timed attacks.
Throw System Tweaks
  • All forward throws and back throws now have 8 frames of startup, up from 6, with 3 active frames, down from 5, making it ever-so-slightly easier to react with a throw break.
  • Throw breaks separate the two combatants slightly farther apart.
  • Back dash now has throw invincible properties for the first 13 frames. Additionally, back dash can be used as a reversal option from recovery wake-up states (see Controllable Recovery).
Improvements and Fixes
  • Visual and audio effects improved.
  • Visual effects have been added to several character intros.
  • EX Attacks are now accompanied by uniquely colored effects, making them visually distinct from Swap Strikes.
  • Guard impact effects improved, with distinct sizes relative to the strength of the attack being blocked.
  • Camera effects for EX Attacks, Swap Strikes, and Megazord Ultras added.
  • Assist and Assist Takeover
  • Fixed an issue with assists facing the incorrect direction during the enemy's KO state.
  • Assists no longer "auto-correct" their facing direction upon landing, making the overall behavior more intuitive in most situations.
  • Assists are easier to use in certain corner combos.
  • Assist takeover functionality and timing normalized across most characters.
  • Characters with ground-based assist attacks (such as Gia Moran, Cenozoic Blue Ranger, Kat Ranger, etc.), can now cancel their assists on any frame of their attack upon assist takeover.
  • Characters with assists that go airborne (Tommy, Drakkon, Ranger Slayer, Shadow Ranger) can now cancel their assist attacks with jump attacks, with proper assist takeover timing.
  • Guarding no longer prioritizes successful block over failed hit. This means if you're blocking an assist and on the same frame you fail to block a jump attack, you're now guaranteed to receive the hitstun and hit reaction of the jump attack.
  • This also means it is impossible to block an overhead plus a low attack on the same frame, allowing skilled players to set up unblockable sequences.
  • Characters hit by multiple sources now enter an appropriate hit reaction state. Generally, this results in cleaner and more predictable outcomes when hitting an enemy with multiple attacks from multiple characters on the same frame.
  • For example, launching a grounded enemy while they're being struck by an assist will always force the launching reaction over leaving the victim grounded.
  • Training Mode: Assist Recovery settings no longer break when activating Megazord Ultra.
  • Tutorial Missions: Performing Super no longer causes a soft lock on the player's character.
  • Combo'd throws no longer reset the assist cooldown timer prematurely.
  • Fixed an issue that occasionally caused incorrect button bindings to be set.
  • Fixed a rare soft lock issue in story mode, when calling a certain assist before a break point.
  • Fixed an issue with character weapons not displaying properly.
  • Fixed an issue where certain assists were invincible during their incoming landing frames.
Tommy Oliver
  • Neutral special (Dragon Fire): final hit now causes a spinning knockdown effect (unlimited).
  • Assist can now be takeover-canceled with air attacks.
Gia Moran
  • Forward heavy (Overhead Slice) now shares an OTG bounce limiter with Saber Strike.
  • Neutral special (Double Whip): first hit spinning knockdown hit reaction changed to unlimited type.
  • Forward special (Saber Whip): adjusted to juggle more consistently.
  • Airborne special (Saber Strike): air hit now causes a sliding knockdown.
  • Reduced juggle limit penalty across most attacks.
  • Standing medium 3 is less likely to whiff at point blank range.
Ranger Slayer
  • Buffed airborne special (Double Time Bomb): the two bombs deployed can no longer be destroyed by successfully striking their owner (Ranger Slayer).
Lord Drakkon
  • Assist can now be takeover-canceled with air attacks (within the brief window that Drakkon is airborne).
  • Fixed an issue that allowed Drakkon to cancel forward special > heavy (Wrath) with forward dash.
Kat Manx
  • Back special > special (Cunning Charge): reduced blockstun considerably and increased recovery, making it punishable when guarded within range. First active increased to frame 2, up from frame 1.
  • Forward special (Catwheel): forward momentum inheritance reduced (i.e., dash-canceled Catwheel no longer travels full screen).
  • Standing medium and crouching heavy can now properly be kara-canceled (kara throw momentum enabled).
  • Forward dash acceleration rate normalized.
Magna Defender
  • Back special (Avenger) parry effect: improved effects on successful parry, accompanied by a spicy VO line. Successful parry follow-up can now be canceled into neutral special (Magna Blaster).
  • Magna Blaster hit consistency improved (any hit guarantees a sliding knockdown).
  • Fixed an issue where canceling forward special (Hot Steel) into crouching heavy caused Magna Defender to wildly slide across the stage.
Goldar
  • Corner juggle states adjusted, fixing accidental "cross-up" issues when juggling a cornered Goldar.
Mastodon Sentry
  • Forward throw: damage and scaling normalized to match other combo-able throws.
  • Standing heavy 2, standing heavy 3 damage slightly reduced.
Cenozoic Blue Ranger
  • Airborne special (Air CenoCharge) can now be canceled into Air Portal on hit.
  • Fixed an issue where Cenozoic Blue Ranger would execute Cenoblast (unbuffed forward special) instead of Cenoball (buffed forward special) while instilled with his Cenocharge effects.
Udonna
  • Airborne special (Hail Storm): Udonna now descends slightly earlier during the attack, giving her more advantage as she fires her last projectile while descending. Forward jump and dash jump versions of Hail Storm forward momentum decreased, making offensive Hail Storms safer and easier to use. Third snowball air hit now causes a spike knockdown effect.
  • Back throw is now cancelable into forward special (Icicle Strike).
  • Jump heavy hitbox height improved, making it possible to hit crouching opponents when using a dash jump heavy sequence.
  • Udonna descends slightly farther behind the leader when she's summoned as an assist.
  • Fixed an issue where the assist version of Ice Ball would trigger juggle limit effect.
Dragon Armor Trini
  • Neutral special and assist (Mega Beam): juggle consistency and knock-up effect improved.
  • Crouching heavy ground hit reaction now causes a pop-up effect when hitting grounded enemies.
  • Corner juggle states adjusted, fixing accidental "cross-up" issues when juggling a cornered Trini.
Trey of Triforia
  • Crouching medium: hitbox height improved.
  • Fixed an issue where juggling with crouching medium ignored the juggle limiter system.
Jen Scotts
  • Back special as leader (Forecast: Rain): projectiles are no longer destroyed when their owner is successfully hit. Slightly improved hitbox size and tracking properties of both leader and assist variants.
Lord Zedd
  • Super (Paragon of Evil) can now hit enemies during their juggle and OTG states, causing a "reverse launch" effect.
  • Fixed an issue with EX attack (Hail of Ire) missing certain characters after successfully launching them.
  • Corner juggle states adjusted, fixing accidental "cross-up" issues when juggling a cornered Lord Zedd.
Anubis Cruger
  • Super (Shadow Saber) now always guarantees inflicting crumple stun.
  • Neutral special (Shadow Slash): second slash no longer requires connecting with the first slash. First slash can be canceled into back special or forward special (on hit).
  • Airborne special (Saber Slash): second slash no longer requires connecting with the first slash. Minimum height restriction lowered.
  • Neutral special > medium (Shadow Upper): first hit is now considered an anti-air.
Eric Myers
  • EX attack (Acceleration Mode) normalized with other EX attacks. Now inflicts partial unscaled damage, whereas before in previous versions, all of its damage was scaled.
  • Forward heavy (Dome Breaker) and back heavy (Prop Up) now properly inflict block stun.
  • Super (Quantum Power): buff duration reduced to 14 seconds, down from 16.
  • EX during Quantum Power (Finish Sequence): no longer totally unscaled, dealing less damage overall, particularly as a combo finisher.
Dai Shi
  • Super (Ultimate Dai Shi): now partially deals unscaled damage, making it more effective as a combo finisher. Voice line altered, as Dai Shi technically isn't a Symbiote.
  • Jumping medium and jumping heavy attacks now inflict appropriate damage.
  • Fixed an issue where Dai Shi would remain on screen after taking over to an assist during his Swap Strike animation.
  • Wall clinging light attack (Stalker Slash) no longer ignores juggle limiter.
More health, less meter, and temp invincible backlash to help wakeups is huge. Plus cancel assist into tag while in midair means instant overheads for many. My entire team got buffs as did most cast too so I'm hype. Dont know how these will be altered by final release of the patch but heres what's up on discord from nway.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
90% of those patch notes are incomprehensible but I'm excited about whatever the new visual effects and camera changes are.

Uraizen

Oct 26, 2017
Btw for those not in the discord who haven't read the early patch notes for the next update here they are though still subject to change.

• Meter gain for successfully guarding Swap Strikes and EX Attacks increased dramatically. For example, successfully blocking a wake-up Swap Strike or EX Attack, the blocker is rewarded with up to half of a Super stock for successfully baiting out the opponent's invincible reversal.
More health, less meter, and temp invincible backlash to help wakeups is huge. Plus cancel assist into tag while in midair means instant overheads for many. My entire team got buffs as did most cast too so I'm hype. Dont know how these will be altered by final release of the patch but heres what's up on discord from nway.

Yoooo, whoever thought of that is smart as fuck. Can't punish a swap strike, but I still get half a super stock? Hell yeah.

KingM

Oct 28, 2017
Trey , Red, Goldar, Magna, Gia, Quantum and Jenn are all solid. If you wanna zone Sentry is the best but he needs the assists. You can try to harass with quantum but its ehhhhh. Sword upper into install Infinites is more his purpose. Udonna has Icey freezes and zones some but shes rather weak.

I'm thinking for zoning go all in as Mastodon Sentry and maybe use Red and Quantum as his buds. Red can finish your combos and does everything well with blasters in neutral and easy combos and quantum assist is legit and hes easy infinites.
If your new use Sentry and red and Gia though. Gia is easy peasy and her guns are super good. Sentry red gia would own all neutral
Thank you. Is there a platform with a larger player base than the others? Looking at PC, PS4 or Switch.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you. Is there a platform with a larger player base than the others? Looking at PC, PS4 or Switch.
Since Sony only recently allowed crossplay the ps4 isnt setup for crossplay just yet and wont be for a few patches. However everything else had ggpo and crossplay from day 1. Pick anything you prefer. They all perform amazing. No drops or issues on switch even so yay portable.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
More good news from battle for the grid. Its had ggpo and crossplay since day 1 but due to sony not allowing crossplay until changing their policy very late 2019 players were seperate...UNTIL NOW!

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
More good news from battle for the grid. Its had ggpo and crossplay since day 1 but due to sony not allowing crossplay until changing their policy very late 2019 players were seperate...UNTIL NOW!

AMAZING news AND the rest of the update is really good as well!
Online lobbies and spectator mode are godsends!

TheRightDeal

Oct 27, 2017
2.0 took away the air Gia loop, which was my favorite easy little thing to do in the game. I'll probably end up replacing her with Sentry, everything about this redesign is pretty slick.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Now that I finally have crossplay I feel like I'm fighting people more my level instead of repeatedly getting my ass kicked by Mahvel gods in match after match.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Eagerly hopped onto the game again with this crossplay update on switch, only to get constant disconnects. Mere seconds after starting a match, I'd get DC'd and booted to the title screen. Five times in a row, even when I disabled cross play thinking it was the servers being wonky with crossplay. What the heck happened? It ran super smoothly last year when I reviewed the original base version... Please tell me this isn't the norm

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Eagerly hopped onto the game again with this crossplay update on switch, only to get constant disconnects. Mere seconds after starting a match, I'd get DC'd and booted to the title screen. Five times in a row, even when I disabled cross play thinking it was the servers being wonky with crossplay. What the heck happened? It ran super smoothly last year when I reviewed the original base version... Please tell me this isn't the norm
Naw. Not the norm. There's something with Switch folks occassionally causing disconnects but they're narrowing it down for a hot fix. Probably something to do with how the version lists as 2.0 on ps4 and x1 in the latest patch and it still released as 1.7 which was the original name of this patch on the switch. Just me spitballing but I bet some sorta check on version numbers may be at the heart of it.

Either way, no its not the norm now to face a bunch of disconnects.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Naw. Not the norm. There's something with Switch folks occassionally causing disconnects but they're narrowing it down for a hot fix. Probably something to do with how the version lists as 2.0 on ps4 and x1 in the latest patch and it still released as 1.7 which was the original name of this patch on the switch. Just me spitballing but I bet some sorta check on version numbers may be at the heart of it.

Either way, no its not the norm now to face a bunch of disconnects.

I hope not. This just happened again when I started playing, too. Was also in the middle of a fun ranked match earlier and it did the same thing. I haven't been able to complete a single online match at all, out of the 10 I've attempted the past week. Utterly insane.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
I hope not. This just happened again when I started playing, too. Was also in the middle of a fun ranked match earlier and it did the same thing. I haven't been able to complete a single online match at all, out of the 10 I've attempted the past week. Utterly insane.

Are you goin into sleep mode or powering off? If you got an error somehow there was one bug awhile back that needed you to close the game power off completely and turn it back on before goin back online.

Figured I'd check just in case you somehow triggered that rare one again.

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
Are you goin into sleep mode or powering off? If you got an error somehow there was one bug awhile back that needed you to close the game power off completely and turn it back on before goin back online.

Figured I'd check just in case you somehow triggered that rare one again.
Nope. Though I did check the subreddit for the game and apparently tons of switch players are having this constant issue, so it seems the update broke things for that system only. Sucks since that's what I'm on

nded

Nov 14, 2017
Uh, the PC version appears to have full 120hz support. It doesn't seem to be doubling frames, I'm straight up getting full on 120 frames of animation per second with no speed up.

Is this a fighting game first? I've never seen anything like this.

Last edited:

Skittles

Oct 25, 2017
Is there no better resource than the incomplete wiki? I just need one basic ass BnB for each of my characters. Please don't tell me twitter is the best resource.

Starting team is gonna be Ceno Blue, Kat, and Vergil. Got a basic ass BnB down for Ceno which does 770, more than enough for just starting.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Is there no better resource than the incomplete wiki? I just need one basic ass BnB for each of my characters. Please don't tell me twitter is the best resource.

Starting team is gonna be Ceno Blue, Kat, and Vergil. Got a basic ass BnB down for Ceno which does 770, more than enough for just starting.
join the official discord dude.
They pin all kinds of stuff to each character board and as patches release and some combos come and go they update. Plus the developers are there and you know some stuff ahead of time thanks to their interactions.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Wonder if we'll get a season 3 announcement soon. That new character select screen has a lot of room for additions.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Man not sure what happened but tonight my matches were all awful. Each one felt sluggish and was eating a ton of inputs.

Something up with the servers? At the launch of the big 2.0 update it was incredibly silky smooth.

Phoenixazure

Oct 27, 2017
Just wanted to bump this thread. Our ScrubEra discord has recently had a decent uptick in activity for Power Rangers and began hosting lobby play sessions. If anyone is interested in joining please feel free to message for a discord link.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I really hope a season 3 gets announced soon. The end of March heralds a weeks-long influx of games that will happily consume me but I keep PR installed because it's fun to bounce into from time to time and maybe pull off a single win if I'm lucky, lol.