• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Best Launch Ranger who's not Tommy

• MMPR Red

Votes: 131 33.4%
  • Megaforce Yellow

Votes: 24 6.1%
  • Magna Defender

Votes: 61 15.6%
  • Kat Ranger

Votes: 48 12.2%
  • Ranger Slayer

Votes: 97 24.7%
  • Goldar

Votes: 31 7.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

AxkilAvenger

Banned
Apr 8, 2018
I mean the fact it's not a set date means the next stream could be Monday and we get the update Tuesday
Good point. Thanks for the optimism and thanks for creating this thread. This game and you guys have gotten me right back into Power Rangers. It's been decades! lol
Edit: There's a gif on twitter showing Udonna's intro. She's rocking a staff and looks totally ready to eff shit up

Last edited:

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Good point. Thanks for the optimism and thanks for creating this thread. This game and you guys have gotten me right back into Power Rangers. It's been decades! lol
Edit: There's a gif on twitter showing Udonna's intro. She's rocking a staff and looks totally ready to eff shit up
Obligatory reminder to watch RPM.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017

Instagram post always has audio. Also voice acting will improve this game so much

AxkilAvenger

Banned
Apr 8, 2018
I mentioned on twitter how it'd be dope if her alt colour is black on gold trim. Clockwork liked my tweet. I think it's a lock :)

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Thanks the game finally got me to work my way through all the power rangers shows(in order, skipped chunks of mmpr, Zeo and turbo, but sticking through it all as of in space. Currently working on lost galaxy about the half way point... Magna Defenders sounds alike should be based off his original voice not Mike.

Also reminder for all, the stream is at 3:00 PM PST. I'll be watching as usual

AxkilAvenger

Banned
Apr 8, 2018
Can't wait to get home and watch the stream. Her alt colour looks amazing as suspected. Anyone who's watched already please post a synopsis of her moves and skills

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Can't wait to get home and watch the stream. Her alt colour looks amazing as suspected. Anyone who's watched already please post a synopsis of her moves and skills
She's a zoner, medium speed. Has reach with her staff. I suck at fighting games so that's all I can say.... we should have gotten a ultra Magna assist

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017
Udonna basic writeup off memory:

Has a freezing ice ball, slow spawn, largish, falls in an arch. This is also her assist. Once it hits the ground, it bounces, and gets smaller, once. Freeze is similar to Subzero in MK. can combo into and out of it, for an easy loop.

Ice Orbs that circle around her, longish summon. Can call up to two, one per time. Strider's Oroboros style. Eventually shoot straight forward after a time. Easy to hit Udonna between their rotation, but can be used to make her pressure stronger. Wanna go for these after a knockdown, as she can be hit while summoning.

Air S shoots 3 projectiles, one at a time. Makes her float. She can stay in place, or move forward or backwards while doing it. Attacks at an angle that's almost full screen off a max height jump. Can use as a pseudo-assist my making her start the move, and then tag someone else in. Can combo into it from jumping normals, too.

Has a move where she hits ground with staff, and 3 ice pillars explode from the ground. Goes 2 or 3 character spaces away. Just does damage, doesn't freeze.

EX is an attack and pushback, that summons 2 Orbs around her after hitting.

Super move sends out an ice beam. If it hits, freezes opponent, does a cinematic pose, opponent explodes out of ice. Works as a good Anti-Air, can be combo'd into. Kinda like Rose' Ultra 2 in SSFIV, in that they're bait'd to falling on a long beam, and then take full damage.

Choice normals include a crouching Medium that launches, and a jumping Heavy that swipes low, use for crossup. Her jump is kind of low, so she can do re-jump loop off the launch, and pester tall standing characters with repeat jump strings.

Brings a nice amount of variety to the game. She's utility in nature, but doesn't' have bad damage, and seems to have more easy mid-screen stuff than Mastodon Sentry. Having an actual super to combo into also helps in this comparison. The air fireballs have lower durability than many other's projectiles, but the ice ball summon is pretty strong. Kinda between Ranger Slayer and M.Sentry, in having a nicer mid-range projectile game, but not as overly strong at cloes and far.

AxkilAvenger

Banned
Apr 8, 2018
Udonna basic writeup off memory:

Has a freezing ice ball, slow spawn, largish, falls in an arch. This is also her assist. Once it hits the ground, it bounces, and gets smaller, once. Freeze is similar to Subzero in MK. can combo into and out of it, for an easy loop.

Ice Orbs that circle around her, longish summon. Can call up to two, one per time. Strider's Oroboros style. Eventually shoot straight forward after a time. Easy to hit Udonna between their rotation, but can be used to make her pressure stronger. Wanna go for these after a knockdown, as she can be hit while summoning.

Air S shoots 3 projectiles, one at a time. Makes her float. She can stay in place, or move forward or backwards while doing it. Attacks at an angle that's almost full screen off a max height jump. Can use as a pseudo-assist my making her start the move, and then tag someone else in. Can combo into it from jumping normals, too.

Has a move where she hits ground with staff, and 3 ice pillars explode from the ground. Goes 2 or 3 character spaces away. Just does damage, doesn't freeze.

EX is an attack and pushback, that summons 2 Orbs around her after hitting.

Super move sends out an ice beam. If it hits, freezes opponent, does a cinematic pose, opponent explodes out of ice. Works as a good Anti-Air, can be combo'd into. Kinda like Rose' Ultra 2 in SSFIV, in that they're bait'd to falling on a long beam, and then take full damage.

Choice normals include a crouching Medium that launches, and a jumping Heavy that swipes low, use for crossup. Her jump is kind of low, so she can do re-jump loop off the launch, and pester tall standing characters with repeat jump strings.

Brings a nice amount of variety to the game. She's utility in nature, but doesn't' have bad damage, and seems to have more easy mid-screen stuff than Mastodon Sentry. Having an actual super to combo into also helps in this comparison. The air fireballs have lower durability than many other's projectiles, but the ice ball summon is pretty strong. Kinda between Ranger Slayer and M.Sentry, in having a nicer mid-range projectile game, but not as overly strong at cloes and far.
Thanks for the summary. She is a great addition. I don't play many fighters so even though it seems her moves are a compilation of other fighters from different games she seems very fresh to me. Also that flying air raid ice attack thing she does looks amazing! I noticed in the stream that Jason was shooting two laser blasts, one high one low both on the screen. Is that new?

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017
Thanks for the summary. She is a great addition. I don't play many fighters so even though it seems her moves are a compilation of other fighters from different games she seems very fresh to me. Also that flying air raid ice attack thing she does looks amazing! I noticed in the stream that Jason was shooting two laser blasts, one high one low both on the screen. Is that new?

No prob! Almost every chara in a new fighter has stuff that seems "inspired" by an old game. It's how they work in different engines and gameplay styles that makes them great. There's so few ice users in fighters, I'm pretty happy for her too.

Jason's double laser seems like an update, yeah. Also, Drakkon's EX seems to now add a projectile after the kicks, too. Great to see the older cast get new tricks.

Last edited:

ashm

Oct 26, 2017
Any idea why I can't seem to find an opponent online in either Ranked or Casual modes? I bought the game last week, managed to have three Pre-Season battles on Ranked mode, and ever since then "Searching for opponent" always ends up with "Failed to join match: Search timed out". I have the game on Switch, but it shouldn't matter given cross-play, right?

SAB-CA

Nov 30, 2017
Any idea why I can't seem to find an opponent online in either Ranked or Casual modes? I bought the game last week, managed to have three Pre-Season battles on Ranked mode, and ever since then "Searching for opponent" always ends up with "Failed to join match: Search timed out". I have the game on Switch, but it shouldn't matter given cross-play, right?
The servers for matchmaking have been a mess lately. I usually fight the same 1 to 4 people on XB1 Ranked. I'd expect getting things ready for the new patch/characters (and lobbies, which should be coming) has the backend in flux.

Every first connection I make of the days boot claims "online is not available". After that, I re-search and find a battle fast. AFTER THAT, the post match rematching is a luck of the draw. At least mid-match connectivety feels good more often than not.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Latest update
Also my watch of lost galaxy continues and the Psycho's are bacckkk! I can definitely see why these guys are a top villain pick

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Latest update
Also my watch of lost galaxy continues and the Psycho's are bacckkk! I can definitely see why these guys are a top villain pick

Psycho Pink is arguably the best... Would definitely vouch for her being the Psycho rep if they add one to the game.

Though BOOM comics has done crazy things with Psycho Green. I may need to rethink that.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Psycho Pink is arguably the best... Would definitely vouch for her being the Psycho rep if they add one to the game.

Though BOOM comics has done crazy things with Psycho Green. I may need to rethink that.

Give me the Triborg equivalent of the psychos and I'll be okay. ....even if every single one (including Psycho Silver lol) deserves to be in the game.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Give me the Triborg equivalent of the psychos and I'll be okay. ....even if every single one (including Psycho Silver lol) deserves to be in the game.
That'd be pretty cool, though they all have unique fighting styles and weapons.

I think a Psycho is a given, though. They're getting a big push in the comics too soon.
97099bac81034d35889b3135f115eb973f85d61br1-900-1514v2_00.jpg

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I'd say the only issue with Pink Psycho is other than phasing she'd be pretty close to Ranger Slayer who's also a bow user. Then again both Pink and Red could be skins for the pink and red already in game, they are kinda close movesets wise

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'd say the only issue with Pink Psycho is other than phasing she'd be pretty close to Ranger Slayer who's also a bow user. Then again both Pink and Red could be skins for the pink and red already in game, they are kinda close movesets wise
I'd give Psycho Pink her Savage Sword instead.
57df2d44cd93565dbf84643f9a1762be.jpg

AxkilAvenger

Banned
Apr 8, 2018
Was talking to some random dude on Twitter and he said the dlc characters are dropping by the end of the month. Why can't the end of the month be today. I'm off from work damnit

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Was talking to some random dude on Twitter and he said the dlc characters are dropping by the end of the month. Why can't the end of the month be today. I'm off from work damnit
They haven't confirmed anything other than soon but I think they are aiming for this week. It's also likely why the stream is Thursday or Friday and not confirmed yet

Also kinda fun we don't know what type of fighter NAITFBB is, that'll be fun to see. Also hopefully this update has the Boom! Storymode

AxkilAvenger

Banned
Apr 8, 2018
I forgot to mention that random dude said his source was Discord. I guess they have a forum for Power Rangers news over there? I don't use discord so... Anyway i hope it's this week

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Much like Killer Instinct, I can't wait for updates to hit this game. I've played through "Arcade" with a few of them. The mode is so incredibly easy though, a literal cakewalk.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
one way or another, I hope they get this out soon and give this a bump of life energy and some more meat on its bones!
Yeah this week seems super likely

Also this game still needs a joke character. Every power rangers series had one, and there's several non combatants or even grunts who'd make excellent joke fighters. Like Putty's that explode when stunned and another one hops in to replace it, or Elgar, or the longest running show side character Bulk! Or heck classic Alpha 7 even

FatPuppy

Jun 18, 2018
It's a little annoying that they do those streams using the PC version but there's still no PC release date in sight.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
It's a little annoying that they do those streams using the PC version but there's still no PC release date in sight.
There's a difference between pc development and pc release version. The latter requires tons of optimization for release on all sorts of operating hardware. There's also a reason they never show the character select( since it likely has all currently in development and possibly some prototype characters )

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Ok just had a fun train of thought, so let's assume they did originally plan 15 characters. And that the update 1 and a hypothetical free update 2 were planned for launch. So while the spread wouldn't nessecarily be even let's assume the original launch roster planned to cover all the main archetypes present in power rangers. So let's do the breakdown of the twelve we have and the. Figure out what we're missing(correct me if I miss something)
Classic 6 main ranger colors:
Red, Green(also classic sixth ranger rep), Blue, Yellow, Pink(also corrupted ranger rep), Black
Dark/Evil/doppelgänger Ranger:
Drakkon
Supercharged by mystic artifact/relic/tech(classic show examples: Andros third setting, lost galaxy lights of Orion/ mystic star dagger red, etc)
Dragon Armor Trini
Monster Lieutenant:
Goldar
Mysterious Rival/non traditionally powered sixth ranger(Gold, Robot, White)
Magna Defender
Support team member who doesn't battle under normal circumstances(Alpha Seven, etc)
Kat Ranger
Mentor(Zordon, Demitrius, etc)
Udonna

Now of course the main paid dlc is just going to be fan faves, but there are a few obvious archetypes we are missing that'd be easy to fill for an additional three characters those being:
Monster Commander(Rita, Divatox, Astronema, Trakena, Sledge, etc)
Minion monster(Putty's, Cogs, Swabs, etc)
Power Rangers show original(Titanium ranger, Zedd, etc)
I'd say those are the three slots left that'd give the full range of archetype representation, although that'd not to say there's not still plenty of shows that need to be represented

Edit: just finished lost galaxy... final form Trakena would be awesome in a fighting game, I mean teleportation, whip, projectile reflect, some pretty fun stuff

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
No info on release date or story being in the update but Naitfbb is cool. Update 1 is going to mix things up in a good way

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
I guess Ceno Blue is the Blue Ranger from the Cenozoic era that died with Zordon's original team in the opening of the movie and not Billy who got that coin later.
He's also the resident Dormammu.

• Teleporter
  • has moves that have huge range that get stronger as he stacks charges
  • fireballs, energy pillars, galore
  • air chainable attacks meant to be a dude who juggles in the air

AxkilAvenger

Banned
Apr 8, 2018
I love how he does a dive bomb then teleport into a Raiden, Bison, Superman during his super move. Also his throw is wicked. Scoops the opponent up and slams him to the ground. Simple and powerful looking. These guys know ho to build fighters word up

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Update drops today. Sad that Kerrigan won't be voicing Magna Defender. But yay to story by Kyle Higgins.