• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Best Launch Ranger who's not Tommy

• MMPR Red

Votes: 131 33.4%
  • Megaforce Yellow

Votes: 24 6.1%
  • Magna Defender

Votes: 61 15.6%
  • Kat Ranger

Votes: 48 12.2%
  • Ranger Slayer

Votes: 97 24.7%
  • Goldar

Votes: 31 7.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
So story mode drops today? Sweet! Also Rita and(time force?) Pink being teased as new characters?

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
At work so I can't see it. Is that a good bruh or bad bruh?
Good, cutscenes are motion comic style also press release
Free DLC available for PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and Xbox One with new Story Mode, characters, arenas and voiceovers from original cast members. STORY MODE Play through an epic storyline written and voice directed by writer/director Kyle Higgins (Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Shattered Grid, Nightwing, Batman: Gates of Gotham). The mode also features original artwork by Eisner Award-winning illustrator Dan Mora (Go Go Power Rangers, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Klaus). In this new mode, players experience a re-imagining of the critically acclaimed Shattered Grid event from Boom! Studios' Power Rangers comic book series. When Lord Drakkon, an evil alternate version of Tommy Oliver, sets off a massive campaign across time and space to destroy all Power Rangers, they must band together and fight back, before all of existence falls to his armies. NEW VOICEOVERS BY ORIGINAL CAST The new content includes story and combat voiceovers performed by original Power Rangers cast members, including Jason David Frank (Tommy Oliver), Austin St. John (Jason Lee Scott), David J. Fielding (Zordon), Kerrigan Mahan (Goldar) and Meghan "Strawburry17" Camarena (Kimberly). NEW CHARACTERS Three new characters enter the world of Battle for the Grid: Dragon Armor Trini, Udonna, and Cenozoic Blue Ranger NEW BATTLE ARENAS * Selectable Arenas: Corinth and Planet Earth: Cenozoic Era * Non-Selectable Arenas (Story Mode only): Command Center (Malfunctioning) and Lord Drakkon's Throne Room (Flashback) Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid emphasizes accessibility without sacrificing depth and complexity. The controls promote simplicity and fluidity, enabling beginners to enjoy the combat system and encouraging advanced players to delve into its gameplay mechanics, which include real-time assist takeover, dynamic defense through push blocking and aerial guard, customizable juggle combos, and a unique Megazord comeback mode

It also indicates story and these characters and voice acting were all delayed together. Also new stages

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
At work so I can't see it. Is that a good bruh or bad bruh?
I'm at work too so I watched it with no audio, but it's a good bruh as it has neat illustrations that recreate the comic's story, which is awesome.

I just caught up with MMPR and Go go last week, so this is some sweet timing.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Although what'd I say is tricky is the paid dlc characters get their own story mode(s) so the real question is are those in the main story more likely to be free updates while paid are not involved in the base story at all or some sort of mix with how long they plan to support this. Also general guess is that the dlc characters will be revealed this month

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Story mode dropped out of nowhere, damn I'm gonna have to finally get this now. :D

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Sigh I'm disappointed about the wait... on the flip side I'm curious to see if story mode has any unlockables

LincolnTunnel

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
It looks like it's live for XBox and PS4. Does anyone have any shots of the two new stages?

Also, with a Corinth stage and a huge focus on Shattered Grid, I'm really expecting Lauren as DLC now.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
I legit don't think the cross platform has been working yet. I'm sure it's going to work, but I haven't seen anything to make me think it has already.

I haven't tried playing online since like the first week so I just kind of assumed it must have been going since I hadn't really seen anyone say anything otherwise. Guess it makes sense if that's another thing they talked about before launch that became a "later on, eventually" like this update

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
It looks like it's live for XBox and PS4. Does anyone have any shots of the two new stages?

Also, with a Corinth stage and a huge focus on Shattered Grid, I'm really expecting Lauren as DLC now.
I couldn't get screenshots but here are some clips
https://xbox-clips.com/DOUKOU/03a80...5861400/77877e52-5766-497a-abb9-3657b846298b/

https://xbox-clips.com/DOUKOU/03a80...5861400/f51b99cb-5fec-4784-ba98-8ed168f8e200/

All the new polish really makes the game feel better.
Early story character spoilers
Anubis Cruger has own model and story portrait so he's probably going to be a character
Edit more character spoilers
So does Jen Scotts
[/SPOILERS]

Last edited:

LincolnTunnel

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I couldn't get screenshots but here are some clips
https://xbox-clips.com/DOUKOU/03a80...5861400/77877e52-5766-497a-abb9-3657b846298b/

https://xbox-clips.com/DOUKOU/03a80...5861400/f51b99cb-5fec-4784-ba98-8ed168f8e200/

All the new polish really makes the game feel better.
Early story character spoilers
Anubis Cruger has own model and story portrait so he's probably going to be a character
Edit more character spoilers
So does Jen Scotts
[/SPOILERS]
Man, those stages look great. They feel so much more polished and alive than the launch stages.

As far as those spoilers go...

I wonder if they would make those characters free or part of the Season Pass. We already assume that Zeo Gold is in, so that would potentially be the whole pass.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Man, those stages look great. They feel so much more polished and alive than the launch stages.

As far as those spoilers go...

I wonder if they would make those characters free or part of the Season Pass. We already assume that Zeo Gold is in, so that would potentially be the whole pass.
Game originally teased fifteen characters for release and the dlc characters are said to get new story bits so who knows

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
I finished the story mode, it's clearly a part of a bigger story. No unlockables.

More character spoilers
Lauren Shiba and Rita feel like they were hinted to be playable characters though they don't have models.
Alpha 5 had a model and portrait like Jen and Doggie

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I finished the story mode, it's clearly a part of a bigger story. No unlockables.

More character spoilers
Lauren Shiba and Rita feel like they were hinted to be playable characters though they don't have models.
Hmmm sounds like
they are in some level of development it's possibel some are free and some are part of the pass. 15 would have been a solid base roster

If zeo gold wasn't in the story that means he's likely paid dlc with a new part of the story

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm sounds like
they are in some level of development it's possibel some are free and some are part of the pass. 15 would have been a solid base roster

If zeo gold wasn't in the story that means he's likely paid dlc with a new part of the story
I could also see them adding the SPD Megazord as an ultimate given it's in the new stage and also the only Megazord in the story.

Also an RPM rep given the new stage and also some story stuff.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I could also see them adding the SPD Megazord as an ultimate given it's in the new stage and also the only Megazord in the story.

Also an RPM rep given the new stage and also some story stuff.
I mean there was a mystic force stage in the base game before Udonna was revealed, time will tell... sucks I have to wait a week to play though

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

More character spoilers
Based on this I could see another free DLC pack consisting of Cruger, Jen, and Alpha/Rita, plus Zeo Gold, Gemma/Ziggy, and potentially Lauren as part of the season pass. Still need some Beast Morpher, Jungle Fury, and Dino Thunder support though, so those could fit in there or in future packs as well.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Based on this I could see another free DLC pack consisting of Cruger, Jen, and Alpha/Rita, plus Zeo Gold, Gemma/Ziggy, and potentially Lauren as part of the season pass. Still need some Beast Morpher, Jungle Fury, and Dino Thunder support though, so those could fit in there or in future packs as well.
Don't forget In Space and Lightspeed lack reps too, although Psycho Ranger seems likely for the former, and Titanium would be fitting for the latter as the first major Ranger original ranger

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Ok, this game is getting much more attention that I thought it would!

How is the online on the Switch? Dead or alive?

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017

More character spoilers
Just realized I forgot to ask ypu(and anyone else who doesn't have the switch version) did you enjoy the story mode(so far)?

Chucker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
The voices in the intros give this game so much more life. It's so minor but it does so much for me.

Tansut

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 16, 2017

More character spoilers
How long is story mode? Thinking of going through it if it's not too long tonight.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
I enjoyed it, some fights near the end dragged on though. I'd imagine it takes 1:30 to 2 hours to complete.
Also https://battleforthegrid.com/pages/characters has three empty spots now.
Yep I pointed it out a week or two ago, they went up when the new profiles did

Enjoying the story so far, just made it to Corinth. Honestly their biggest mistake was not making a sentry skin for Jason so we had a second generic grunt, or heck added putties too. Also some characters are solid teases for the future whether free or otherwise

LincolnTunnel

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Man, it baffles me that there aren't more costumes for sale. Cosmetics seem like an obvious way to help profit and fund continued development of the game. It's like... I want to give them more money for this game and I can't.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Trini and especially the Blue Ranger are sooo fun, this is awesome. I think I'll start to play Jason/Triny/Blue now.

Haven't tried the story mode yet, but just the voices add so much to the experience. There's still details to iron out, like the implementation of the voices (some sound way lower than others and in some instances the music gets completely interrupted by them) and some transitions like when you win in arcade mode and your character just disappears. Some visual effects too like blue ranger's lightning look awkward, but yeah, this is a huge improvement already.

Hopefully once they're not pressured to get new characters out they can focus on these details. This game is so fun, it deserves to be the best it can be.
Man, it baffles me that there aren't more costumes for sale. Cosmetics seem like an obvious way to help profit and fund continued development of the game. It's like... I want to give them more money for this game and I can't.
I feel like with how barebones this game was at release and how they're clearly only now giving us the version of it that the game should have released as, it'd look really bad if they were already selling us anything other than the season pass. They'll probably come sooner or later, but I can see why they'd want to avoid those for now.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Yeah it's pretty obvious the devs are enthusiastic about this despite being a small team and want to support it long term. I'm sure the next announcement will be within a week

Also regarding story mode
It really feels like Shadow ranger and Time Force Pink were supposed to make the base game there's multiple chapters where they should be the 2nd or third character to round things out
Also story makes it really obvious we need non mmpr ultra zord assists

LincolnTunnel

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Yeah it's pretty obvious the devs are enthusiastic about this despite being a small team and want to support it long term. I'm sure the next announcement will be within a week

Also regarding story mode
It really feels like Shadow ranger and Time Force Pink were supposed to make the base game there's multiple chapters where they should be the 2nd or third character to round things out
Also story makes it really obvious we need non mmpr ultra zord assists
We definitely need more Zord Assists in the game. I was honestly surprised there weren't any included in Update One.

Doukou

Oct 25, 2017
Even the mobile game needs more non-mmpr zords. You've only got the SPD, Samurai and Predazord to choose from.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Got to play a bit of the story mode, hopefully it's true that it's just like part one because i managed to go through half of it in like 30 mins.

still, i like these kind of story modes because they force you to test all the characters.

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
This week's stream Clockwork teams up with gamespot

Got to play a bit of the story mode, hopefully it's true that it's just like part one because i managed to go through half of it in like 30 mins.

still, i like these kind of story modes because they force you to test all the characters.
It's in an expandable act based structure and the season pass mentions new story content for the dlc characters

Uraizen

Oct 26, 2017
Heh, if Tommy Oliver does a backthrow on cenazoic blue while blue's in the corner he just... throws him back in the corner, lol.