• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Best Launch Ranger who's not Tommy

• MMPR Red

Votes: 131 33.4%
  • Megaforce Yellow

Votes: 24 6.1%
  • Magna Defender

Votes: 61 15.6%
  • Kat Ranger

Votes: 48 12.2%
  • Ranger Slayer

Votes: 97 24.7%
  • Goldar

Votes: 31 7.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LincolnTunnel

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
My takeaways from the update so far are that Corinth is best stage, I'm in love with CenoBlue, and boy do I suck with Ranger Slayer.

I'm on the first fight of Chapter 12 and I just keep getting my ass handed to me. The rest of story mode has been great, even though it really seems like Jen and Cruger are meant to be playable.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
New additions may be great, but sigh, still can't find a ranked match to save my life...

Dec 20, 2018
Now that the free characters are out imma need a roadmap for the dlc, lobbies, crossplay/cross progression. Also as a person in the top 10 imma need them to start the season cause the leaderboard is hella fraudulent at least on switch.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Finished story mode, it was great and those cutscenes were awesome, but more importantly I finally got to try all the characters thanks to it (previously I was sticking to the ones I actually know) and damn, the game's roster is so diverse and fun. Kat and Udonna in particular are ridiculously fun.

But seriously the audio issues are super jarring. Some battle voice clips sound noticeably louder... Tommy and Drakkon are quite loud while Mastodon Sentry is very quiet, and ugh some name calls im the character select screen have weird volume disparities too and even sound like have completely different announcer voices? Like, try Jason and compare it to Trini's.

And well there's the fact that I haven't been able to get online matches at all in two days :l I know it sounds like I'm tearing the game apart, but it's seriously one of my favorite fighters in recent years and I want it to be the game the devs actually envisioned but probably can't quite nail yet due to budget and time constraints.

Last edited:

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm starting to think that, on top of cross-play not being enabled yet, online might be region locked to some extent as well. Like I had commented I have tried to play ranked for at least half an hour every day since the update dropped on Switch, and only yesterday I found a single person who I fought repeatedly until they left... They had a user name in spanish too, and it got me thinking that all the people I've played against did as well, so yeah.

On a more positive note, I started watching Mystic Force due to Udonna being so cool in the game and I like it. I main Jason, Udonna and Trini now!

Dec 20, 2018
How is the online on the Switch? Well populated?

On weekdays it's a ghost town outside of like 4 other people I keep playing. Weekends are a bit more populated but not by much. It doesn't help there's still no way to directly play with friends or even people from the discord.

Also tryna figure out if there's skill based matchmaking in effect or is it really that dead because I keep facing the same few people who are all in similar ranks according to the leaderboards.

AxkilAvenger

Banned
Apr 8, 2018
Man, can anyone give me some advice? I still suck so much with Kim that I can't beat the 12-1 Mastadon Sentry fight in story mode.
Keep trying. I did it drunk and I suck at fighting games. Cheese her powered up arrows as much as possible. Mix that up with getting in close while dropping air bombs. Use your counter movie when he tries to get in close

LincolnTunnel

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Keep trying. I did it drunk and I suck at fighting games. Cheese her powered up arrows as much as possible. Mix that up with getting in close while dropping air bombs. Use your counter movie when he tries to get in close
Hmmm... Getting drunk first isn't something I've considered. I'll try that and see if it works. Thanks!

Thanks for the actual advice though. I appreciate it.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
On weekdays it's a ghost town outside of like 4 other people I keep playing. Weekends are a bit more populated but not by much. It doesn't help there's still no way to directly play with friends or even people from the discord.

Also tryna figure out if there's skill based matchmaking in effect or is it really that dead because I keep facing the same few people who are all in similar ranks according to the leaderboards.

If there's only like a handful of people won't you get matched up with your friends eventually?

But yeah, ever since the nintendo online stuff went paid, switch online has been a ghost town for the vast majority of non first party games. Even something like NBA 2k, where online is required, is sooo empty.

Dec 20, 2018
If there's only like a handful of people won't you get matched up with your friends eventually?

But yeah, ever since the nintendo online stuff went paid, switch online has been a ghost town for the vast majority of non first party games. Even something like NBA 2k, where online is required, is sooo empty.

Me and a friend actually tried casual queue a few times since nobody is ever really in it. Never matched no matter what :(

Doctrine Dark

Nov 13, 2017
I wonder if the story will be expanded. I just completed it last night and was actually a bit disappointed there wasn't more to it.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
My takeaways from the update so far are that Corinth is best stage, I'm in love with CenoBlue, and boy do I suck with Ranger Slayer.

I'm on the first fight of Chapter 12 and I just keep getting my ass handed to me. The rest of story mode has been great, even though it really seems like Jen and Cruger are meant to be playable.
With Ranger Slayer be bold. Dont think of yourself as a runaway zoner or something. Do slide kick into launcher a LOT because all the stuff she has stems from that link. Once they go in the air though you can just sandbox it. Plus do her command jump a lot too. I tend to do it into the orb by hitting air special so that I can launch over them safely while cutting off AA attempts plus it grounds them making them more susceptable to low attacks like her slide which is an easy start to everything damaging. Generally you can command jump orb into throw or slide and thats enough to keep them guessing all the time so the mixup works. If you do it and they block the slide just call an assist and get out or go for another setup with jumping orb or anti air arrows or something. She just makes folks terrified to do anything and the orb makes it so they cant jump. They backdash she can just shoot em with arrows for free damage.

Have fun. I highly recommend Black Dragon Trini as an assist for her. That beam is Godlike extensions, staying safe, buying time for arrow charges to zone or anything you need.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Finally got to try it with the latest update and yeah, the voices and story mode make a huge difference, I'm glad it was a free update.

Quick question: do they allow you to play in story mode as the DLC characters you don't have? Like I know regular Kimberly isn't in the base game but she has a story mode section. I bought everything that was available so I have no idea.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Finally got to try it with the latest update and yeah, the voices and story mode make a huge difference, I'm glad it was a free update.

Quick question: do they allow you to play in story mode as the DLC characters you don't have? Like I know regular Kimberly isn't in the base game but she has a story mode section. I bought everything that was available so I have no idea.
There are no characters available that anybody doesn't have. It's all just skin-swaps. You have every character there is right now.

LincolnTunnel

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Man, I finally beat Story Mode. That Mastadon Sentry fight was awful, but everything after that went smoothly.

I really wonder what they're going to do in terms of completing the story though. I know the Season 1 characters are supposed to come with their own story sections, but is that really how they're going to finish what we have already? It'd be kind of a bummer if the only way to get the rest of the story was to pay for it.

I can definitely see them doing another free update with three more characters, along with the rest of the story, separate from what we get with the season pass.

AxkilAvenger

Banned
Apr 8, 2018
Sorry for the double post but did anyone watch the new stream last night? Hoping they leaked some info on upcoming patches

OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
OP
OP
Mandos

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Sigh sadly no info on updates yet. Hopefully soon. Also up to Dino Thunder of my power rangers watch through. I now want Titanium Ranger(Lightspeed), Lothor and Dino Thunder white in here. Also if we get another red ranger, it should really come with a Battlillizer which is something we're kinda missing as far as Power Rangers original elements go

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
A long time ago I promised you some toy pics so... Here's a mix of my Legacy figures and the new Lightning Collection figures.

I wouldn't mind if this was the roster for this game. One day. Maybe.

xeii52rxs6631.jpg

AxkilAvenger

Banned
Apr 8, 2018
Hey so the eshop is now showing two new fighters dropping 6/25 today! And a third character for 8/25. Tried to update the game but nothing. Hopefully we be jamming this game again by tomorrow

AxkilAvenger

Banned
Apr 8, 2018
tfw the eShop tells us this and not the devs through their numerous social media outlets ^^
Apparently the devs have been going through some rough times with the game. People have been trying get a hold of them but no response. Mind you I've just heard this from one YouTube guy who was in contact with them when the game launched. I paid for the pass so I hope I don't get screwed

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Yeah, I beat the story mode and tried out the online again but like.... the game is currently dead, imo, which is disappointing because it was better than I expected but it seems like the devs are just having issues. I'm not convinced it sold well enough to continue a lot of further development which sucks.

This is all conjecture on my part and I would love for more characters to be revealed but it is still a very barebones experience.

Opa-Pa

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Where in the eShop exactly? And anyway new characters are cool and all but I'd rather they focus on functional matchmaking and actual crossplay first. The way it is now I'll probably play through the new characters' arcade modes, try to find a match for 30 minutes, fail, and then not touch the game again until the next update.

Oct 25, 2017
I really do hope that PC version is happening sooner rather than later. This and SamSho having later releases on PC really does kinda suck but it's good to see the team is still at it.