• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah with only 9 fighters in the game I'll wait for a sale. We don't even know how long the arcade modes are for each or if they are even worth playing. I really don't trust this to be good. Also them charging $20 for only 3 more fighters rubs me wrong too.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Disappointed in the small launch cast but the gameplay looks fun.
There could be up to 6 more characters(the site originally had 15 slots on the character page), they've mentioned there being plenty of unlockables so at least ones gotta be a character

Also sweet I have Tuesday off, question is standard or deluxe version

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
There could be up to 6 more characters(the site originally had 15 slots on the character page), they've mentioned there being plenty of unlockables so at least ones gotta be a character

Website confirms 6 on the Season Pass IIRC

Edit: My bad apparently Season One contains 3. Could have sworn I seen 6 listed somewhere

sandboxgod

Attempting to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Austin, Texas
Honestly curious, how many people here are excited for the game?
It's gotten some interest from the FGC since its a 3vs3 Tag fighting game. I've seen some announcers say the gameplay is solid

I dont know anything bout the netcode or single player. I'm expecting a bad or missing single player. I plan to just finish any tutorials they have and hop right online

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Why is PC so far away? Was going to get it on PC :(

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Website confirms 6 on the Season Pass IIRC

Edit: My bad apparently Season One contains 3. Could have sworn I seen 6 listed somewhere
The original characters page had the 4 confirmed rangers and 11 empty slots, when the unlocked launch roster was revealed placeholders were removed. However in the last q and a the guy was unable to confirm if the 9 were the only characters in the base game which implies unlockables otherwise he would have said there were only nine

Also they plan to support this a long time they have base assets for over fifty rangers

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Honestly curious, how many people here are excited for the game?

"Excited" is probably too strong a word, but I'm definitely interested to see what happens in terms of there possibly being more characters in the base game and the quality of the story/arcade mode.

It looks like an okay bit of fun as a budget fighter as someone with a soft spot for these kinds of heroes.

OP
OP
Jaded Alyx

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Curious to see how active this is online. Thank God for the cross-play because it will definitely need it.

night814

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Pennsylvania
"Excited" is probably too strong a word, but I'm definitely interested to see what happens in terms of there possibly being more characters in the base game and the quality of the story/arcade mode.

It looks like an okay bit of fun as a budget fighter as someone with a soft spot for these kinds of heroes.
Same here, really hoping it's a meaty game with lots of mechanics

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Sorry to break it to you but there are only 9 fighters. The achievement list confirms this as well. The full roster has been revealed and with the season pass there will be 12 total. Quite sad.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry to break it to you but there are only 9 fighters. The achievement list confirms this as well. The full roster has been revealed and with the season pass there will be 12 total. Quite sad.
TBF while unlikely, the achievements aren't a direct confirmation. But yeah it'll be pretty sad if that's all we have and there are no secrets at all.

Power Rangers is a thing again?
What does this mean? It's been running continuously for decades.

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
huh I didn't think it was coming out until summer and now it's suddenly next week? (or the week after for PS4 weirdly)

I really have no expectations of this being any good but wouldn't mind be wrong; we'll see what reviews/impressions come out as

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Because of what Mandos said above. They were being dodgy on the topic of the 9 character base roster being all we get, and they hinted at unlockables.
No they confirmed unlockables, it's one of the reasons they have cross progression. But I do think additional in game unlockable skins have been mentioned too(I mean multiple story modes mean multiple rewards) but time will tell

What would be fun is duplicate ranger skins that are like a header that applies to(at least any ranger type) all fighters, like I wanna say Shadow rangers from turbo(whiter helmet metallic off shade colors)

Edit: also were missing what would potentially be the best joke character in the history of joke characters: The Putty! Whenever it gets stunned it explodes and another one jumps in!

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
canada
This game needs free character dlc honestly, even at 20$.

Charge for stages or something but we need 15 characters at least until were required to pay for em

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Out of nowhere??? Wonder if they're part of the base roster or season pass.
There might be hidden fighters after all.

Last edited:

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
How is it datamined if the game isn't out, and how is it spoilerish if an official Power Rangers twitter account literally just announced it?

Unless this is an inside joke in which case, I'll be angry.
Power rangers now is a fan site, and their linked page is the official sites original press release
Datamined from what/where?
The games website apparently, this is where it first popped up on here at least
Some leaks about characters, may be dlc or hidden characters(?).
Apparently Gold and White mystic ranger were leaked from the sites database, probably dlc but I figured I'd be cautious

D2Jtj5zWwAIA0Fl.jpg:large

D2UBCoGXgAAuxQ0.jpg:large

OP
OP
Jaded Alyx

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Ok fair enough. I wish I cared about power rangers though. I'm just here for the 3 v 3 action.

They should do something like Ninja Turtles next.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
What?! Why is it releasing on the PS4 later? D:

That's my Fighting game platform of choice!

On the other hand, might go Switch for this one due to cross play.