• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Remapped88

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Apr 8, 2018
Anyone know if you still get the extra free Xbox copy if your preorder on the Xbox Store? I can't find anything about it on the game's page.

Allyougame

Oct 25, 2017
Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid isn't at the very top of my Must Buy list, but I'm definitely intrigued. For one, I'm impressed how well and how shrewd nWay is handling the game.

Has there been any confirmation and/or demonstration of the Switch version playing at 60fps? Couldn't find any myself, but we'll find out in a few days obviously with the game's release.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid isn't at the very top of my Must Buy list, but I'm definitely intrigued. For one, I'm impressed how well and how shrewd nWay is handling the game.

Has there been any confirmation and/or demonstration of the Switch version playing at 60fps? Couldn't find any myself, but we'll find out in a few days obviously with the game's release.
It has crossplay so FPS has be uniform across both platforms so if xbone is 60 FPS so is switch

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know if you still get the extra free Xbox copy if your preorder on the Xbox Store? I can't find anything about it on the game's page.

Honestly, I think it's some very bad wording and it's not super clear if that's even the case. I think there are going to be some upset people if they don't clarify this asap.

Chackan

Oct 31, 2017
Wait, are you guys really hyped for this game?

Been out of the loop, but I thought it was a port of a bad mobile game.

Is it actually looking promising?

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Wait, are you guys really hyped for this game?

Been out of the loop, but I thought it was a port of a bad mobile game.

Is it actually looking promising?
While sharing some model assets and obviously show research the game is otherwise completely original with new model rigs and animations. It's a proper 3 vs 3 marvel style fighting game

Shozuki

Mar 5, 2018
I'm down for this, shame I have to wait for the summer though. I try to use my consoles as little as possible...

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Hey guys, since nobody else volunteered guess I'm making the ot, thought I'd see if anyone had any subtitle suggestions? Also final prelaunch stream is tomorrow

Lee Chaolan

Oct 25, 2017
I know, it's different rangers, but I think it's funny how we already have two different Tommy's and
two different Jasons.

Dynamite Cop

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
People really need to look past franchises and do research on who's actually creating this.

Spoilers: it's a mobile game dev and the quality of this game will probably warrant a price less than $10

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
People really need to look past franchises and do research on who's actually creating this.

Spoilers: it's a mobile game dev and the quality of this game will probably warrant a price less than $10
Or I dunno we can look at the over two hours of game footage we've gotten or how it's a solid fighting game and how much passion the devs have put in it. Also lots of famous indie devs started out doing mobile games dude, your letting your predjudices show. Also it is a touch budget which is why it is a lower entry price of twenty, but long term support is planned

Dynamite Cop

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
California
Or I dunno we can look at the over two hours of game footage we've gotten or how it's a solid fighting game and how much passion the devs have put in it. Also lots of famous indie devs started out doing mobile games dude, your letting your predjudices show. Also it is a touch budget which is why it is a lower entry price of twenty, but long term support is planned
Solid fighting game? Lol this makes combat in The Bouncer look good

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Look, I owned The Bouncer. I played The Bouncer. The Bouncer is a good friend of mine.

... That said, saying this makes The Bouncer's combat look good is ridiculous.

This game looks solid, and just because a studio is unproven in a specific genre doesn't make it an automatic loss. Some of my favorite games ever are from unproven developers or ones with spotty track records who finally find the right project, talent, and material to work with.

The game looks quite solid, and I'm eager to give it a shot.

... Even if it doesn't have an announcer as good as The Bouncer's.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
What game are you looking at? I'm curious, what in all the footage we've seen of the game made you came to that conclusion?

This game is being accepted by the FGC in open arms for a reason. It looks fantastic and plays just as well according to top players from other fighting games.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan

By that logic, Days Gone will be shit since its developers have made nothing but spin-offs of franchises for portable consoles for almost 10 years.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Once again have you watched any of the recent streams?
(starts at the 10 min mark) it's looking really solid and the megazord assists are a cool twist

Also once again I'm making the ot and looking for OT subtitle options. If not I'll go with one of my cheesy ones I'll think up like fice Rangers and Goldar walk into a bar, none walk out because it explodes in the battle
.... ok maybe not that cheesy

Oct 25, 2017
Couple fun looking clips

https://www.twitch.tv/nway_games/clip/AnnoyingPhilanthropicAyeayeWoofer

https://www.twitch.tv/nway_games/clip/ColdbloodedComfortableBoarKappa

Hey guys, since nobody else volunteered guess I'm making the ot, thought I'd see if anyone had any subtitle suggestions? Also final prelaunch stream is tomorrow

I dunno maybe some sort of reference to Marvel vs Capcom since people say it plays similar.
Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid |OT| Drakkon wants to take you for a ride

... Even if it doesn't have an announcer as good as The Bouncer's.

Definitely a bit generic. Might have been kinda fun if they brought in David Fielding and told him to ham it up as Zordon.

Damn the game is already just a cheap $20 and you needed to strut in here to let everyone know it looks cheap
thanks dude your contribution is noted keep us updated if you find any other budget products that look like budget products

Last edited:

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
(starts at the 10 min mark) it's looking really solid and the megazord assists are a cool twist

Also once again I'm making the ot and looking for OT subtitle options. If not I'll go with one of my cheesy ones I'll think up like fice Rangers and Goldar walk into a bar, none walk out because it explodes in the battle

It's MORPHIN BAYBEE
Oops, All Tommys!
Morphinominal!

I dunno. This is hard lol

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I dunno maybe some sort of reference to Marvel vs Capcom since people say it plays similar.
Oh my god. I also said a MvC reference would work well considering how people are taking this game, but I couldn't think of a clever title. But that one's perfect. You have my vote.

Last edited:

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Couple fun looking clips

https://www.twitch.tv/nway_games/clip/AnnoyingPhilanthropicAyeayeWoofer

https://www.twitch.tv/nway_games/clip/ColdbloodedComfortableBoarKappa

/QUOTE]
Thought of using a variation of that line but couldn't think of one till you brought up that one also
Hmm or what about Rangers of Two Mileniums

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
I bought the other Power Rangers game as my son loves it just now and it's soul destroyingly bad. I wonder if this will be better.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Wait, really? Damn. The renders looked official enough but the models are out there anyway so anyone could make them.
They are already in the mobile game(which has high detail models already which they upgrade for this and rerig) so that doesn't prove anything
I bought the other Power Rangers game as my son loves it just now and it's soul destroyingly bad. I wonder if this will be better.
We have several hours worth of footage and the game seems to be a solid marvel style 3v3 fighter with decent graphics

TechnicPuppet

Oct 28, 2017
We have several hours worth of footage and the game seems to be a solid marvel style 3v3 fighter with decent graphics

Yeah this looks a lot better. Will probably get the switch version for his Easter. More of a chance of getting a really cheap or free version on Xbox down the line for some cross play.

BackwardCap

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Rangers Fight, Millions Dead.

Bob White

Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know the history of this game? Like, I know it started out as a free to play app that was a pseudo fighter. But then at some point clockwork comes on and they start making an actual VS title? Was he on the team when it was just an app? Did they always plan to make a real fighter?

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil

"Shift into MAHVEL" is the best I can do.

"Stronger than before"?

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Does anyone know the history of this game? Like, I know it started out as a free to play app that was a pseudo fighter. But then at some point clockwork comes on and they start making an actual VS title? Was he on the team when it was just an app? Did they always plan to make a real fighter?
Dev team has power rangers license and has made previous game so they have all the visual assets and database resources already done. Hear the outcry for a power rangers marvel v capcom style fighting game, pitch the concept at the right holders and decide to create a fighting game. Decide to reuse the HD character models and back grounds from the mobile game to keep their budget small and reduce development time. Complete rerig the models and do new animations. Game code is completely new and unrelated to the mobile game.
Or in a single sentence: mobile devs decide to make a completely new fighting game on a budget by upgrading mobile visual assets

SeanShards

Oct 25, 2017
Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid |OT| Let's Rocket Punch!
Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid |OT| FGC, EMERGENCY!
Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid |OT| World of the Coin-op-less