• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Last edited:

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Im just gonna put the Red Ranger vs Goldar in training mode in a CPU vs CPU battle with infinite health on hardest difficulty and gape wide eyed for an hour as my childhood dreams becomes a reality.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yep and I kept saying this yet people kept thinking you were going to get secret fighters for some reason. It's 2019 and fighting games pretty much always announce the full roster prior to launch. Secret fighters are a thing of the past. I'll be waiting on a price drop as 9 fighters in this game is a joke. Charging the same price as the game for only 3 more is a joke too.
Unless they removed them last minute, the site mentions "unlockable characters" so I'll remain skeptical until I get my hands on the game.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Unless they removed them last minute, the site mentions "unlockable characters" so I'll remain skeptical until I get my hands on the game.
They put out a fact sheet earlier and it mentioned only 9 characters in total with 3 more coming in the season pass. It's time for people to stop with the secret fighters already. Games don't do that anymore.

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
They put out a fact sheet earlier and it mentioned only 9 characters in total with 3 more coming in the season pass. It's time for people to stop with the secret fighters already. Games don't do that anymore.
That doesn't discount anything I said. The site still said some were unlockables

TimeFire

Avenger
Nov 26, 2017
Brazil
There are no unlockable fighters. They said 9 fighters is all you get in the base game. Anything unlockable is related to skins or other cosmetic stuff.

That still doesn't explain the wording on the site. "Matchmaking is made easy as players on Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC can compete in the same pool. Swap platforms and your unlocked characters and mission progressions come with you."

That's REALLY misleading wording if there ain't any unlockable characters.

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Maybe it's poor wording for cross-buy DLC? Maybe you need to beat arcade modes to unlock the villains we know about?

Who knows, but nine characters is skint enough for a 3v3 tag fighter that you'd think they'd be shouting about there being more if there actually is

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
That still doesn't explain the wording on the site. "Matchmaking is made easy as players on Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC can compete in the same pool. Swap platforms and your unlocked characters and mission progressions come with you."

That's REALLY misleading wording if there ain't any unlockable characters.
Yep pretty much.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Got my codes but eshop is down with an error code at the moment for maintenance. Guess i'll download it after work. Super excited.