• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.twitch.tv/nway_games
EDIT:
Over now but ARCHIVE is up on youtube!

Got J Wong and Yipes and CLockworkon stream plus this Morphin madness tweet may have revealed 4 new characters. Stream is awesome and the game looks WAY better now than the initial reveals. This thing is looking legit.

New tweet from battle from the grid seemingly confirms
  • Goldar
  • RangerSlayer
  • Kat Manx
  • Mastodon Sentry

Kat Manx is from SPD and for those not familiar with the comic book series that is super good and way better than it has any right to be, there is an alternate dark reality where Tommy Oliver never stopped being evil. He overthrew Rita, claimed the BOTH the White Tiger and Dragon coins and became Lord Drakkon and took over the world. He setup an army by tying in his soldiers to small pieces of the Morphin Grid. This is how he got an entire army of Mastodon Sentries.
This universe also had a dark version of the Pink Ranger called Ranger Slayer. I will not reveal the details on it as it was a big deal but here are some images.

7piCNkK.jpg

9Vj5zfa.jpg

EDIT: Potential additional roster revealed through their mobile Legacy Wars game.

Looks like Magma Defender might be in on the starting roster as well. A new mission or something for Legacy Wars where they want you to use characters from the starting roster.

https://www.reddit.com/r/BattleForTheGrid/comments/ay5l80/magna_defender_confirmed/
OWEdAeY.jpg

Looks like they put up the image and it straight up shows some of the Battle for the Grid cast and one of them is Magna Defender.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2017
Please no more MMPR (or MMPR inspired like Mastodon sentry). There's so much more to Power Rangers.

My dream is the Titanium Ranger from Lightspeed. He was the first American original ranger, and he has a sick color scheme and design.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
I knew it would be a thing but damn please reveal more than just MMPR characters. Out of all those in the tweet only two don't have MMPR origins. I know, I know. MMPR is what people remember. I get it. I've heard it all before. But there's 26 years of material. I hope for a good selection of varied fighters.

OP
OP

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Is this a legit game?
Go onto the stream. They are goin in DEEP onto the combo systems and meta of the cast right now and it looks REALLY good now.

Also the alternate colors for characters are fucking lit. Red ranger with Black diamonds instead of white and a RED lense instead of black? Oh my God hook it to my veins. Plus them combos are tight.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I'm weirdly excited for this game, as someone who sucks at fighting games but liked PR as a kid and loved the recent movie.

It's at a budget price, right? I'll probably get it at launch if so.

OP
OP

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
...so are you saying Mastodon is NOT Zack ?
If those revealed in that tweet are part of the Roster the Mastodon Sentry is actually part of an ARMY of soliders Lord Drakkon tied into the morphin grid through the Black Ranger's power coin. Its hard to say who will be what if they go into the dark counterparts as heavily as it seems this game will.

The comic is fucking legit. So glad it is the route this game is taking for cast and story. So far things are very well chosen. Even the Yellow Ranger they chose from Super Megaforce (Gokaiger) is a great choice because their toolkit has tethered weapons a sword and a pistol.

Seriously watch the stream in the link up top folks shit is goin DOWN.

The Cellar Letters

lmayo
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for posting this! Actually looks sick. I was going to buy it regardless... but now I'll prob go for the season pass bundle.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
If those revealed in that tweet are part of the Roster the Mastodon Sentry is actually part of an ARMY of soliders Lord Drakkon tied into the morphin grid through the Black Ranger's power coin. Its hard to say who will be what if they go into the dark counterparts as heavily as it seems this game will.

I am just sad that he was one of my favorites.... and how the roster loose the easiest chance of adding a black dude =P
But lets wait till we know the full roster for that...

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
Did I just miss it or is Gokai Yellow unfinished? She looks the coolest, I wanna see more of her.

UPD: lol, just as I complain

OP
OP

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my God Green just played the flute and it cut to the Dragonzord's fingers loading up with missiles and they straight up came down and shot the shit outta the screen.
My dreams are all coming true. Plus these combos and mixups are super legit. I am gonna be able to go in DEEP on this beast.

EDIT: Green Ranger alt with silver shield and black on his gloves and boots. Stop please my heart can only take so much awesome.

OP
OP

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Holy Shit this stage! I see shattered trophy cases Drakkon kept of fallen Rangers he defeated. I see the Black Ranger's Axe, a snapped Red Ranger sword and just a broken coinless morpher on the ground from a broken case.
This shit is so god damned Hype!

Remapped88

Oct 27, 2017
USA
For a PR fighting game that came outta nowhere from a not well known developer, the gameplay from these matches actually looks legit. It's not super hi budget but it looks damn fun to play.

OP
OP

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
OMG those Red Ranger Berzerker Slash assists. And this Gold and Black armor Drakkon is hyyyyyyyyyype.
This game is gonna light it up. Honestly the graphics look way better now to me. Maybe its just how good its looking in motion or just that it already looks way better than they did on the actual shows? Who cares! WE GOT POWER RANGERS BABY!
Looks like a great fighting game and its Power Rangers. I'm losing my shit here.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
This game needs 60FPS (if it isn't already) and to be slightly faster paced, other than that it looks fun

RealTravisty

Mar 29, 2018
Honestly it's the smartest way to go about it for a first entry to get suckers like me that have no nostalgia for all the stuff afterwards.

Sure, but they have enough as it is. There's only what, 15 characters to start with? The series is 25 years old! I can understand it having the most, but the current revealed MMPR reps are seriously enough.

Penguin

The Mushroom Kingdom Knight
Oct 25, 2017
New York
The game looks improved, but have they shown other stages?

This one is so bland looking.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Uhhh the stream just made me raise my eyebrow in how legit it looks...I kinda want to buy it now.