• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 11985

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This game makes me feel like a kid again. I haven't watched any PR since the original series, but now I'm hyped again by all the fancy spandex outfits these dudes are wearing.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Please no more MMPR (or MMPR inspired like Mastodon sentry). There's so much more to Power Rangers.
The game is looking good, but for the love of God, no more MMPR characters...
I get where you guys are coming from, but the game is literally called "Battle for the Grid" and is definitely based on the MMPR comic storyline where Lord Drakkon shatters the grid and causes rifts in time and space that allows Rangers from all time periods to mingle and fight.

mighty-morphin-power-rangers-029-018_orig.jpg

I love a lot of non-MMPR stuff, but it was the MMPR comic-line that really opened the doors for this with the last few years. Guarantee you they will have far more than MMPR characters released for the game. The mobile version ballooned to a massive roster.
vTO2KpH7w5tjulcDjG0HWYilxXb2G8uZwvBlaDMmseKEFLHzO8dqtWLJNOXML2oim6A=h350-r

Turbo Tu-Tone

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't know this was a tag game...

Kinda sours me on it, tbh. They definitely need to get Latham Gaines as Mesogog in this joint if I'm to put my money on it now.

EDIT: Just saw the Green Ranger's victory animation. Nah, guys, you gotta REDO THAT. There is plenty of source material to choose from to make that better.

Delio

Oct 25, 2017
Sure, but they have enough as it is. There's only what, 15 characters to start with? The series is 25 years old! I can understand it having the most, but the current revealed MMPR reps are seriously enough.

I agree I really want some other teams. Zeo reps, Dino Thunder reps for sure. I guess that will be DLC.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Whoa, didn't realize this is going to be $20. I remembered it not being full price, but I didn't remember it being that cheap.

Any word on a story mode for this? Also, I take it that the comics are actually pretty good and worth reading?

Oct 25, 2017
So, we got push blocks, chip deaths, alpha counters (?), assist switches (?), aerial unblockable anti airs and a LMHS control scheme, from what I've seen.

AxkilAvenger

Banned
Apr 8, 2018
Whoa, didn't realize this is going to be $20. I remembered it not being full price, but I didn't remember it being that cheap.

Any word on a story mode for this?
i posted a link in the other thread earlier today about the story mode. i think it said the comic people are handling the story. Should be pretty good hopefully

Remapped88

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Aww no physical version it seems? $20 for this is waaay cheaper than I thought it was gonna be so I hope this does well for them if it turns out great.

Cloud-Hidden

Oct 30, 2017
This is a day-one buy for me. I assumed it would be, but after seeing the gameplay in today's stream, I'm definitely all-in and excited.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
So Mahvel fighting is back Hunh? I suck at fighting games but looks fun, question is base or deluxe version

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Where should I start with the comics? Just start with MMPR and go from there?

FinKL

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm looking at pre-ordering the game, and noticed for the Xbox version, you can get 2 copies if you go the Xbox route?
PC
Standard Edition
Digital Game Download
Pre-Order Bonus: Green Ranger V2 Skin

Switch
Standard Edition
Digital Game Download
Pre-Order Bonus: Green Ranger V2 Skin

Xbox
Join the Xbox pre-launch campaign
$19.99 - Standard Rewards

Digital Art Book (Pre-Launch Exclusive)
Complimentary Xbox One code to the game to give away or use
Green Ranger V2 Skin (Pre-Launch Exclusive)

Microsoft has marketing rights maybe if thats the case? Maybe the wording is just bad, and they'll send you 1 code

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I'm not a big Power Rangers guy, but one of my buddies is and he absolutely loves the comic series these new reveals are pulled from.

Madness80

Feb 28, 2018
This got me hyped. To be fair, outside of MMPR I'm not familiar with the other generations of Rangers, but as an Action figure collector I love me some Power Rangers and have me characters I am not familiar with at all but they look awesome. I need this.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This got me hyped. To be fair, outside of MMPR I'm not familiar with the other generations of Rangers, but as an Action figure collector I love me some Power Rangers and have me characters I am not familiar with at all but they look awesome. I need this.
I will just quietly recommend you check out Time Force, SPD, and RPM on Netflix if you can... They had some very solid seasons that I initially missed out on.

Nov 2, 2017
I get where you guys are coming from, but the game is literally called "Battle for the Grid" and is definitely based on the MMPR comic storyline where Lord Drakkon shatters the grid and causes rifts in time and space that allows Rangers from all time periods to mingle and fight.

mighty-morphin-power-rangers-029-018_orig.jpg

I love a lot of non-MMPR stuff, but it was the MMPR comic-line that really opened the doors for this with the last few years. Guarantee you they will have far more than MMPR characters released for the game. The mobile version ballooned to a massive roster.
vTO2KpH7w5tjulcDjG0HWYilxXb2G8uZwvBlaDMmseKEFLHzO8dqtWLJNOXML2oim6A=h350-r
I've read the comic, it's good shit. But unless the story mode is really extensive, I'd rather a more diverse mix of characters than "adhering to the comic". Especially when there's no real guarantee that we'll get another game.

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I need to read these goddamn comics.
It's FAR better than it has ANY right to be. It's kind of that "grown up" Power Rangers many of us wanted that doesn't go TOO dark, but has a sense of stakes, maturity, and characterization the original series only barely touched. The artists they get are great too.

4178e5f2da55c29232c1657c32761fd9.jpg

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Xbox
Join the Xbox pre-launch campaign
$19.99 - Standard Rewards

Digital Art Book (Pre-Launch Exclusive)
Complimentary Xbox One code to the game to give away or use
Green Ranger V2 Skin (Pre-Launch Exclusive)

Microsoft has marketing rights maybe if that's the case? Maybe the wording is just bad, and they'll send you 1 code

I have no knowledge about Power Rangers, but if this is actually two copies of the game, I'm in for halfsies with someone.
Really odd phrasing.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Do it. Best comics I've read in forever.

This game is looking good, looks like a steal at $20. Low entry point probably means a ton of DLC coming.
Are there plans to add any DLC to the game? If so, what kind of content will be available?
Absolutely! We have 25 years of Power Rangers history to tap into and every fan has a different favorite Ranger, so we want to keep adding more and more warriors to the roster. We really want this game to have a long life, so in addition to new warriors, we also want to add new stories to play in the arcade mode.
https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/01/29/a-mighty-qa-power-rangers-battle-for-the-grid/

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yo this actually looks good and the devs are FGC dudes so you can bug em on twitter if your fave doesn't get in.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This looks so sick. I want to pre-order on Steam but they won't let me. May opt for the Switch version.

OP
OP

Deleted member 6056

Oct 25, 2017
Do it. Best comics I've read in forever.

This game is looking good, looks like a steal at $20. Low entry point probably means a ton of DLC coming.
If it has anywhere near the roster planned that Legacy Wars uses then yeah this roster would be huge. I'm so damned excited for how good what they've shown us so far looks in matches. Here's hoping this turns into what you theorized...20 base game TONS of DLC roster. Ever expanding platform.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They gotta put the RPM people in here by the way, they're one of the few groups that have explicitly defined unique powers.

Also they can do grind combos

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
This is looking pretty good. I wanted to buy it but I needed to see it in action. I'm liking what I see a LOT.

Last edited:

TreIII

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Columbia, MD
Damn, too bad I missed this, as I'll have to catch the archive.

But hearing Goldar, Ranger Slayer and one of the Sentries is in already makes me happy. Rito and Doggie Kruger are all I need to have my Day 1 team with Goldar.