• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SaviourMK2

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CT
5C0svQK.png

Welcome to a new Era in Power Rangers!
We're back! And ready to morph into action!
latest

What do I do here?
Discuss Power Rangers, and your love for Power Rangers!

Whats the difference between this forum and the Toku forum?
Power Rangers was adapted from the Tokusatsu, Super Sentai. But involves a vastly different plot in comparison their Super Sentai counterparts and generally omits things present in Super Sentai, including mild swearing like "Hell" and "Damn", PG-13 humor, blood and death. One big difference between the two is that 3/5 Power Ranger fans have never seen a Tokusatsu show (Which also includes Kamen Rider, GARO and Ultraman).

What can we NOT do here?
There's nothing you can't do, but the only thing you should NOT do is spoil new episodes/comics/movies without the SPOILER tag at the very least not until the next episode/chapter has passed.

Let's meet the teams!

Click on each season to learn about each team and their synopsis!

Saban Era (1993 - 2002)
giphy.gif

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Season 1
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Season 2
Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Season 3
Mighty Morphin Alien Rangers
Power Rangers Zeo
Power Rangers Turbo
Power Rangers in Space
Power Rangers Lost Galaxy
Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue
Power Rangers Time Force

Disney Era (2002 - 2010)
48888962dee2a288146ab81ba6d05bea113f1949_hq.gif

Power Rangers Wild Force
Power Rangers Ninja Storm
Power Rangers Dino Thunder
Power Rangers SPD
Power Rangers Mystic Force
Power Rangers Operation Overdrive
Power Rangers Jungle Fury
Power Rangers RPM

Neo Saban Era (2011 - Current)
TNHQxYA.gif

Power Rangers Samurai/Super Samurai
Power Rangers Megaforce/SuperMegaforce
Power Rangers Dino Charge/Dino Super Charge
Power Rangers Ninja Steel/Super Ninja Steel

Films:
power-rangers-2017-armageddon-moment.gif

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers the Movie
Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie
Saban's Power Rangers

Comics:
power-rangers-comic-620x420.jpg

Boom! Studios Power Rangers (Includes Pink Ranger solo comic)​

OP
OP
SaviourMK2

SaviourMK2

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CT
mighty-morphin-power-rangers-alien-planet.gif

Updates coming to OP as soon as I can (I wanna clean it up a bit better, but don't currently have time until this weekend)

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
That Twitch marathon was so much fun. I spent like 10 hours straight watching Ninja Storm during it which is my favorite series. I was also able to watch about the last 5 hours of Time Force which was great too. After Ninja Storm I didn't watch a whole lot but still followed the thread to read everyone's reactions.

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
I really got into Power Rangers Legacy Wars for iPhone. The gameplay is fun when you and your opponent are fairly balanced. It's pretty obvious when you're playing against a premium player, from character selection to stat augmentation. Fuck Robo Knight and fuck the 2 fan-fiction versions of Tommy.

The models are pretty good. Even if you can't play as the characters you can view their models in the Roster screen, so it's a nice little Power Rangers collection app. I'd love to see them be used in an actual console-style action game.

I haven't gotten to the Megazord aspect of the game yet, and I doubt I will - this Free-2-Play game has started its mandatory grinding assault. Morph boxes that cost a few Power Coins to unlock now cost anywhere from 20-50. Naturally, I want to stockpile Coins and Crystals but now even the basic boxes take 3 hours to unlock, and you can only hold 4 of them at a time.

OP
OP
SaviourMK2

SaviourMK2

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I really got into Power Rangers Legacy Wars for iPhone. The gameplay is fun when you and your opponent are fairly balanced. It's pretty obvious when you're playing against a premium player, from character selection to stat augmentation. Fuck Robo Knight and fuck the 2 fan-fiction versions of Tommy.

The models are pretty good. Even if you can't play as the characters you can view their models in the Roster screen, so it's a nice little Power Rangers collection app. I'd love to see them be used in an actual console-style action game.

I haven't gotten to the Megazord aspect of the game yet, and I doubt I will - this Free-2-Play game has started its mandatory grinding assault. Morph boxes that cost a few Power Coins to unlock now cost anywhere from 20-50. Naturally, I want to stockpile Coins and Crystals but now even the basic boxes take 3 hours to unlock, and you can only hold 4 of them at a time.

I've been incredibly critical of the game since it released. It's horribly unbalanced and is very much a pay to win kind of game. I stopped playing for a month because I was getting ridiculously frustrated with connection issues and the release of newer characters. When I came back it was just a slaughter house, I couldn't win a match to save my life. I would unleash 10 specials on them and barely them them down to half, and they would kick me in the head and I would lose. Ranking up and getting newer/rarer warriors is impossible when you're just being destroyed by people who pay for buffs.
The Megazord segment is admittingly fun, as far as I know you can't buy buffs for the zords so it's fair.

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
I've been incredibly critical of the game since it released. It's horribly unbalanced and is very much a pay to win kind of game. I stopped playing for a month because I was getting ridiculously frustrated with connection issues and the release of newer characters. When I came back it was just a slaughter house, I couldn't win a match to save my life. I would unleash 10 specials on them and barely them them down to half, and they would kick me in the head and I would lose. Ranking up and getting newer/rarer warriors is impossible when you're just being destroyed by people who pay for buffs.
The Megazord segment is admittingly fun, as far as I know you can't buy buffs for the zords so it's fair.
It's a really late response but they got me to spend money on the game lol. I don't have any premium characters but maxed out MMPR Jason at Lv7 and he does really well. I'm rolling with MMPR Zack and Trini assists (the famous Peace Conference trio), so I'm not pushing to win yet lol. Before I maxed out Jason for his level, Trakeena and Rito carried me.

Jason was helped with a bundle exclusively for him, a couple other $5 purchases and some $1 deals in crystals. About $23 dollars in total. I'm gonna try rolling Gold Ranger Jason if he shows up again. He's still Premium.

The Megazord stuff is quite fun but I bet that will change when premium Zords become more available heh. Collecting the pieces is slow.

This game isn't for everyone but I love some of the details. None of the characters have real voices but Ninjor's is uncannily accurate. Rito smells his armpits in the team setup screen. The stages modeled after Zedd's throne room and Ernie's Juice Bar are terrific. The characters have fighting styles that characterize them. Zack has Hip Hop Kido even if a bit exaggerated. :P

The only two complete teams are the MMPR and 2017 PR, but the rest of the cast is very interesting. Female rangers get a healthy dose of representation; done with some care. I hope Time Force Pink is in the works. Maybe Astronema or Scorpina too!

It really bugs me some of the best characters are from really awful TV seasons (Megaforce Yellow, Ninja Storm Blue, 2 Mystic Force chars are top tier, fucking Robo Knight). Divorced from their shows however, they are nice designs.

Anyways, while it is very pay 2 win, it's charm and detail got to me. I din't like mobile games at all but this works for me.

PCPace

Oct 30, 2017
Alabama
Bumping to promote two Power Rangers things I'm a big fan of but am not personally involved with(mostly).

1) Teenagers with Attitude - A power rangers podcast I listen to every week with six rotating panelists that breaks down every episode for almost two hours. Just seems like really nice people, fairly funny, interesting perspective of both fans and people who don't even like the show and sometimes people watching it for the first time. http://www.audioentropy.com/teens-with-tude/

I'm not involved in the production of this podcast though I often have questions in the Q and A section and submitted a song they used once.

2) Mighty Minimalist Power Rangers - this is a project by a poster on another forum Lizard Wizard, it basically takes every episode of the show and cuts them down to about 5 minutes, removing all filler, often this results in some really funny cuts. He's up to season 3 episode 10 now, here's a random episode I really liked from season 1.

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like one last hurrah before Hasbro takes over.

Oh yeah since it's been a while, Hasbro is taking over as the toy maker of Power Rangers. Bandai is still doing Sentai.

OP
OP
SaviourMK2

SaviourMK2

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Happy National Power Rangers Day! Whats everyone's plans to celebrate?
Who is everyone's favorite Ranger? Which is your favorite team? Which is your least? Which Megazords do you like? Deets people! Deets!

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
I can't source it but apparently JDF said ASJ turned down the anniversary episode!!

WRRRYYYYYYYYYYYY

bawjaws

Oct 28, 2017
My kids have started watching Power Rangers (Dino something?) on Netflix. It's... well, it defies description really. Everyone seems to be from New Zealand but affecting terrible American or even British accents, the special effects have to be deliberately terrible (surely) and the acting is mind-blowing, but not in a good way. Of course, my kids love it, but I find myself completely hypnotised by it. Please tell me that it's deliberately this bad, because I can't countenance any other possibility.

I mean, there was a bad guy who was some sort of robot and his costume was literally cardboard boxes covered in tin foil. I've never seen anything like it.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
My kids have started watching Power Rangers (Dino something?) on Netflix. It's... well, it defies description really. Everyone seems to be from New Zealand but affecting terrible American or even British accents, the special effects have to be deliberately terrible (surely) and the acting is mind-blowing, but not in a good way. Of course, my kids love it, but I find myself completely hypnotised by it. Please tell me that it's deliberately this bad, because I can't countenance any other possibility.

I mean, there was a bad guy who was some sort of robot and his costume was literally cardboard boxes covered in tin foil. I've never seen anything like it.
This could be Dino Thunder or Dino Charge. I thought Dino Thunder was alright mostly, it tried to evoke some of the the beats of MMPR but with a little more seriousness.

Dino Charge was just a weird show.

OP
OP
SaviourMK2

SaviourMK2

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I can't source it but apparently JDF said ASJ turned down the anniversary episode!!

WRRRYYYYYYYYYYYY

i hope thats not true, I would've killed for ASJ to return. I mean unless it was a serious scheduling conflict, because I know conventions are tight about their contracts.

ALSO: I've been watching Power Rangers (first episode) with my girlfriend, and we're on the 1st Green with Evil episode. She bluntly asked a question and it just dawned upon me, I had no answer. If Rita had the coin, why couldnt she get into the command center?

Etrian Oddity

Oct 26, 2017
Slipped down a rathole again. Remember that one time the Alien Rangers summoned the Shogunzords and they used the awesome Kakuranger sequence?

also where's jwk94 at, the |OT| is the smallest PR thread on Era lol

Spleenpoker

Nov 11, 2017
Hey all! I guess there are community threads for everything ;)

For some reason or another I decided I wanted to revisit the Power Rangers franchise, for some reason the movie didn't really spark a reviving interest in me at the time, but now all of a sudden I feel like revisiting the franchise.

I believe I watched them all up to Ninja Storm which is when I moved onto more "mature" things, I do remember coming back during Dino Thunder and laughing at the terrible fighting and lack of blood but now I find it charming as I have been completely over saturated by gratuitous violence in numerous media in the last decade.

So I am trying to decide on what I want to watch as I know there are some practically bad seasons which fans stay clear of.

I've actually already started RPM a few days ago and I'm loving it so far. I love how they take the goofy Engine Sentai Go-Onger and make it dark and throw in jokes about the more "silly" aspects of the Japanese counterpart, "anime eyes", wow!

I hear In Space is probably the best of the series but many say to actually get maximum enjoyment out of it, you have to watch the FIVE previous seasons as it's basically an overarching story with many character's arcs coming to their climax, which honestly sounds pretty awesome. Sadly I can't remember ANYTHING from my original viewings, so I'd have to start from scratch with MMPR, not sure how strong my nostalgia goggles are though

Cheers!

Gun

Oct 27, 2017
Didn't know that we have a Power Rangers Community here. Nice

Hey all! I guess there are community threads for everything ;)

For some reason or another I decided I wanted to revisit the Power Rangers franchise, for some reason the movie didn't really spark a reviving interest in me at the time, but now all of a sudden I feel like revisiting the franchise.

I believe I watched them all up to Ninja Storm which is when I moved onto more "mature" things, I do remember coming back during Dino Thunder and laughing at the terrible fighting and lack of blood but now I find it charming as I have been completely over saturated by gratuitous violence in numerous media in the last decade.

So I am trying to decide on what I want to watch as I know there are some practically bad seasons which fans stay clear of.

I've actually already started RPM a few days ago and I'm loving it so far. I love how they take the goofy Engine Sentai Go-Onger and make it dark and throw in jokes about the more "silly" aspects of the Japanese counterpart, "anime eyes", wow!

I hear In Space is probably the best of the series but many say to actually get maximum enjoyment out of it, you have to watch the FIVE previous seasons as it's basically an overarching story with many character's arcs coming to their climax, which honestly sounds pretty awesome. Sadly I can't remember ANYTHING from my original viewings, so I'd have to start from scratch with MMPR, not sure how strong my nostalgia goggles are though

Cheers!
RPM is my second favorite season of all time, I hope you enjoy the rest of the series.

And only the last 2 episodes of In Space make reference to the previously seasons. I really don't think is necessary to watch all the other 5 seasons only because of that.

And after these two If you want to watch more PR, Lost Galaxy and Time Force are really good too IMO

Spleenpoker

Nov 11, 2017
Didn't know that we have a Power Rangers Community here. Nice
RPM is my second favorite season of all time, I hope you enjoy the rest of the series.
And only the last 2 episodes of In Space make reference to the previously seasons. I really don't think is necessary to watch all the other 5 seasons only because of that.
And after these two If you want to watch more PR, Lost Galaxy and Time Force are really good too IMO

At minimum you have to watch Turbo before in Space. I just finished watching from MMPR to PRIS.

I'm just going to get through RPM first then I'll decide what to check out next. I'm honestly thinking of just started with MMPR and casually just watching all the way up to Time Force anyway. As I will sometimes be using it as "background noise" while I do my chores etc and I can withstand early 90s cheese, in fact I enjoy it, offers a good laugh.

Though I will say, RPM is bloody fantastic so far and I recognized a few actors from their much more recent work like Jessica Jones and most notably iZombie.

Cheers for the advice!

Power Shot

Oct 27, 2017
I've said this in many-a-thread, but don't sleep on the Boom Studios comics. They're unbelievably good.

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Hey guys thinking of jumping into rangers but not sure where to start, other than skipping the original mmpr. My only experience with the series is randomly watching and enjoying Dino charged/supercharged. Thought I'd ask for some advice despite how quiet this ot is. I'm just using Netflix as it seems to have most the major shows

malyse

Community Resetter
Hey guys thinking of jumping into rangers but not sure where to start, other than skipping the original mmpr. My only experience with the series is randomly watching and enjoying Dino charged/supercharged. Thought I'd ask for some advice despite how quiet this ot is. I'm just using Netflix as it seems to have most the major shows
All of them in fact. If you don't want to do a season by season rewatch, SPD and Time Force are the best of what I've seen (I'm on Operation Overdrive). Wild Force and Lost Galaxy are also a pretty good seasons. In Space is good but it's predicated on being familiar with the previous five seasons: you could hop in at Turbo and then watch In Space, but it works best starting from MMPR and working all the way through.

MisterHero

Oct 25, 2017
so um

Jason's coming back

I'm goddamn hyped as hell for ASJ but the surrounding details don't sound exciting.

this is the first time since losing cable that i actually regret it

Spleenpoker

Nov 11, 2017
I'm curious, which seasons of PR has the most/best comedy? I've only finished RPM which was a brilliant mix of actually good comedy and darkness.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
I guess I should read MMPR from Boom because the latest issue of GGPR (#21) made me confused on what was going on--like where did Rita go? When did Tommy become a Ranger? I know the show, but it came from nowhere in the comic, so I guess MMPR takes care of that?

Scrappy-Fan92

Jan 14, 2021
Apologies for bumping, but this was the only general Power Rangers thread on the site.

Content Warning: Descriptions of sexual harassment and molestations.

Below is a series of posts pertaining to Time Force actor Michael Copon, detailing accusations of abuse that go as far back as 2015 (the accusations, not the instances of abuse themselves).

Thread.

sexual harassment cw

Michael Copon who played lucas on time force was accused of sexual harassment by several fans at a con for one tree hill in 2018, this is not the type of person who should be given more opportunities to cause harm #powerrangers
fsskwimx0aibg7tformatchijk.png

Last edited: