• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
you-bought-a-switch.gif

Deleted member 873

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
that's not a nice way to announce end of support for a system.

but then again. they're machines made by billionaire corporations

starfox

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Portugal
So Switch is shooting left and right at anything that moves but it's YOLO and will be dead in the water soon? So a Vita, then.

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
As one of them mentioned, Sony itself hates the Vita. It's probably getting increasingly harder to push new Vita games, even if only digital.

Putting the blame entirely on Pqube is unfair.

Hanbei

Nov 11, 2017
So Punch Line is most probably their last game on PS Vita. Gotta grab it as soon as possible.

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty brutal.

I wonder if they'll localise Omega Labyrinth Life.

EDIT:
wait, what? arent digital releases supposed to be financially easier than having to do physical as well?

A digital only release will sell less than a physical release so it might not justify costs.

Seedy87

Jan 4, 2018
They did explain that they supported Vita for as long as they could, to be fair.

It's when they say that Sony doesn't want their games on the Vita that probably hurts the most, surely. I always thought that Sony had shown such strong support for smaller publishers and developers, but something's changed these last few years for some reason.

Kapryov

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
All of your Vitas feel so betrayed, guys.
Lying dormant, their batteries slowly draining while the dust builds up on their once-regarded-beautiful screens, while you guys play your Switches without a care in the world.

Shame on you all.

EDarkness

Oct 25, 2017
They did explain that they supported Vita for as long as they could, to be fair.

It's when they say that Sony doesn't want their games on the Vita that probably hurts the most, surely. I always thought that Sony had shown such strong support for smaller publishers and developers, but something's changed these last few years for some reason.

I feel like they only support small devs if they have some kind of name or pedigree. At least that has been my own experience with them.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
That's not really surprising.
What are their big games? They don't seem to have a wiki.
They're basically the distributors/publishers of the Arcsys games in EU (BBTAG, GGXrd Rev 2...), smaller niche JP games (Steins Gate, Punchline...), indie games (Cat Quest for example) and distributing some stuff for Marvelous too (like Gal Metal and Gungrave VR).

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I mean... The Vita's, what, nearly six or seven years old? And it probably should have been dead three or four years ago looking at some of the sales data. It had a great run all things considered.

WestEgg

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That's a weird analogy...

"Switch is like, when you order French Fries even though you kinda wanted onion rings more, then you open the bag and there's like a couple extra onion rings mixed in with the fries and you're like 'yes, bonus!'"
"Vita is like, when you are listening to the radio, and a good song comes on and your singing along, but then realize it's the radio edit, and it's still good and all, but like, come on, I want my jams!"

Turnabout Sisters

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
ill always have a softspot for the vita but it had its time, it actually built up a library for the kinds of games it became a meme for, and a bunch of those games are actually amazing.

Deleted member 36622

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
I'm surprised people still ask Vita games honestly: the system is a year younger than the 3DS (which sold much much more but it is also going to die eventually), and it felt a dead platform already in the past 2-3 years. Let it go.

The only reason i could understand is the fact that the hardware aged fairly well, but it's pointless since Sony in the first place abandoned the ship long ago.

Publishers can't release a game if it's not financially sustainable.

DFG

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vita lived for a long time. I love the little thing, but it's obviously been dead for a while now.

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That's a cruel way to bid farewell to a system they've supported very much :(

I respect PQube for all their contributions to the Vita library. o7

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
i get where they're coming from, but surely there was a nicer way to say that.
for a failed platform, it's amazing how long some publishers (and more importantly, fans) supported it. it'll for sure be remembered as the most successful failed platform.

UsoEwin

Banned
Jul 14, 2018
It's been 7 years. The Vita is a great little device, and it got a surprising amount of great games given Sony completely gave up on it. But. it's time to move on. Same goes with 3DS. 7 years is more than enough for a lifespan of a console.

Axisofweevils

Oct 25, 2017
I feel glad I bought punch line on Vita, but I can perfectly understand PQube.
Sony's new censorship rules probably don't make it any easier either.

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure why they had to say it that way because that's too harsh after years of support.

Aside from that, It had a good run and I can understand why they are dropping support.

MegaXZero

One Winged Slayer
Jun 21, 2018
Lmao sniper to bird comparison. I know it was crosstalk between two people, but still that is an amazing image.

jts

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
IDK guys there is some compassion for a bird that can't fly. I had one in my backyard last summer. It landed and couldn't take flight anymore. It tried and it was just hitting walls. I kept it safe and hoped it would grow strength but ended up dying on me after a while :(

I need a moment here.

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
The Vita is almost 7 years old at this point and was never a huge seller even in its prime. It's time to let it go (I say right after buying Parasite Eve 2 & a bunch of dirt-cheap Tomb Raider games from the PSN to install on the thing for portable retro goodness).

Oregano

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
After actually watching the clip it's a lot less harsh than it seems.

The most telling part is when the guy says Sony doesn't want Vita games any more.