• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017

"Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Hou on Switch includes the 19 scenarios of Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sui, plus three additional scenarios making their console debut (Outbreak, Outbreak Kamikanshi-hen, and Hinamizawa Teiryuujo). It will also feature a new opening song and movie, 1080p resolution support in TV mode, and "Quiz Oyashiro Ver. 2018" (a Higurashi series quiz mode)."

https://gematsu.com/tag/higurashi-no-naku-koro-ni-hou

MvbsDGd.jpg

Last edited:

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
please please please.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Please do it. I absolutely adore the anime and I've always meant to play the games one day. This would be what pushes me over the edge.

Oct 27, 2017
This is not going to make me buy new episodes on Steam, having the full package like this would suits me better. Huge fan of the anime here, so I've been looking to try the VN for a while obviously.

tolkir

Oct 25, 2017
Omg, Yes!. Give to me.

1412685860284.gif

I won't hype but a minimal chance is fine with me. :)

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
There's no way this is anything than a "sure, maybe".

Like I'd buy it if they released it, sure, but that's a looooooot of text to translate, isn't it? Even if they somehow got to use MG's translation of the main episodes.

Jessie

Oct 27, 2017
I want nothing more than to play Higurashi and Umineko on a console. I was devastated when Umineko PSP wasn't localized.

Oct 26, 2017
PQube's localization has always been kinda iffy to me, esp their Steins;Gate 0 release. Im still gonna buy it and the PC chapters tho.

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I remember them releasing the PS2 version back then on the internet themselves, but the game was modified to corrupt all the saves you have on your memory card. That was awesome.

Filament Star

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That would certainly be sweet. I wouldn't take that tweet as meaning anything, though.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Higurashi? Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long time.

I swear, back when I was younger the original series felt like the patrician's "edgy" anime compared to Elfen Lied's schlocky gorefest.

GenTask

Nov 15, 2017
What is this exactly, a visual novel game?

Found this on a wiki regarding the Japanese release of this?:

Entergram, the company that bought part of Alchemist's assets, has announced that they'll be porting the game to the Nintendo Switch.

The switch version will use the upgraded sprites and backgrounds from Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Sui, while the new arcs, Higurashi Outbreak and Kamikanshi-hen will get new sprites and CGs drawn in Alchemist's style, additionally, the entirety of Hinamizawa Teiryūjo will get new sprites, along with brand new CGs and artwork, all drawn by artist Tomozo. The switch version's opening theme is "Bokutachi wa Mou Shitteru" and it's performed by Matsuzawa Yumi.

The switch version will be released on July 26th, 2018, a special, limited edition will also be released on the same date, so far, the special edition has been confirmed to include:
  • A physical copy of Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni Hō for the Nintendo Switch.
  • A new Higurashi Drama CD featuring Hōjō Satoko and Maebara Keiichi.
  • A new, full-color, 64 page artbook.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Really? Elfen Lied is the actual pretentious one, Higurashi is just pretty good.
Yeah that's basically what I was implying. Higurashi could sometimes get up it's own butt in regards to the shock imagery but the story was consistently good and there to hold it up. Despite watching it in my edgy phase, I still have a fondness for it for that very reason.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
That's a lot to translate. I would hope that they get MangaGamers translation to lighten the load since that's been pretty good in the two episodes I've played so far.

Kresnik

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe the Vita version of this game is the final Vita title they were hinting at!

I wouldn't say that was much of a tease though. They said the same thing about Omega Labyrinth Z Steam iirc, but I don't think they're actively working on that

MelliiDragon

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus, wasn't it originally like.....8? I havent followed this series since the anime was first adapted way back when.

Yeah it is pretty long by now. Basicly with every rerelease they added new chapters. And this basicly combines every thing into one game (It even has the openings of the other versions).

And if people don't know how much 22 are, i am not the fastest reader (especialy in japanese) but i am about 15 hours into the game and still in the first one (even though they combined some of the begining stuff of each chapter into a general beginning)

Lyon N. Laap

Oct 27, 2017
Wouldn't quite be a day one purchase if it came over here, but I've never played a visual novel before and I have fond memories of the anime so I'd pick it up. Purchase would ultimately be to encourage a western Umineko release for the Switch.

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Yeah it is pretty long by now. Basicly with every rerelease they added new chapters. And this basicly combines every thing into one game (It even has the openings of the other versions).

And if people don't know how much 22 are, i am not the fastest reader (especialy in japanese) but i am about 15 hours into the game and still in the first one (even though they combined some of the begining stuff of each chapter into a general beginning)
How many of the chapters outside of the core 8 are actually good stuff tho?

Viale

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I've been going through chapter 4 on steam, but I'd love a full thing on switch though the undertaking would be immense. Are the other chapters as lengthy as the main 8?

MelliiDragon

Oct 27, 2017
How many of the chapters outside of the core 8 are actually good stuff tho?

hard to say, the 4 extra chapters from the DS games seem interesting but some are as far as i can tell joke extra chapters. The manual of the game has a short description of each chapter in the game but i never played/read the other chapters before that weren't in the original

Byronic Hero

Oct 27, 2017
Yo, good stuff. I've only watched the anime, but thoroughly enjoyed Umineko (Despite the kinda rough ending)

If this gets localized I'll definitely pick it up, especially if it has a physical copy.