• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Samimista

Oct 25, 2017
While definitely not one of the least loved FFs, I think FF9 deserves to be as loved as 6, 7, and 10. So much charm, amazing OST, great characters and arcs. And it has a good and believable love story.

Yes!

VIII is my favorite in the series, but I always preferred IX's romance. It progresses more naturally throughout the game, and I just love how whimsical the designs and towns are.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Assassin's Creed 3.

By the time this came out the series was getting stale, they were set in fairly similar environments and the gameplay was mostly the same.

AC3 brought fourth a great new more rural setting, complete with the ability to climb trees and traverse more open landscapes.

Not only this but it included seasons as well with snow that had depth and impacted how you could play the game.

Gameplay wise you had more tools at your disposal on top of having (imo) the best combat of any ac game, especially when it came to fighting mutliple enemies.

Then the last big change, naval combat, which was something completely out of left field and paved the way for Black Flag.

Speely

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I've always liked Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. I always see people regard it as the black sheep between Morrowind and Skyrim, and yeah it hasn't aged very well, but I still think it's great for a few reasons. Some of the broken aspects are legitimately fun to mess with and it has some of the most memorable quests in the series, like the painting world and entire Dark Brotherhood line.

Fuck yeah. Oblivion is better than Skyrim in lots of ways to me. Of course, Morrowind shits on every ES game, but that's not really relevant because Morrowind was lauded pretty heavily, especially given when it was released.

Based Oblivion.

My contribution: Phantasy Star III. Sure, it's not as good as II or IV, but it's a good game. It was better than most rpgs released that year on consoles.

Last edited:

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
AC Black Flag is still the best AC game
In hindsight, Black Flag executes a lot of things really, really well. Even the modern day story is fantastically executed with some really unexpected twists that tie back in the historical story really well. It's an all-round great game that is pretty much universally outstanding. I should probably replay it sometime.

Samimista

Oct 25, 2017
Assassin's Creed 3.

By the time this came out the series was getting stale, they were set in fairly similar environments and the gameplay was mostly the same.

AC3 brought fourth a great new more rural setting, complete with the ability to climb trees and traverse more open landscapes.

Not only this but it included seasons as well with snow that had depth and impacted how you could play the game.

Gameplay wise you had more tools at your disposal on top of having (imo) the best combat of any ac game, especially when it came to fighting mutliple enemies.

Then the last big change, naval combat, which was something completely out of left field and paved the way for Black Flag.

I love every minute of III, and Connor is my favorite protagonist in the series. Never understood the hate.

Deleted member 24540

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
header.jpg

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light

I honestly enjoyed this game much more than any other Lara Croft/Tomb Raider game. Yes, more than Rise of the Tomb Raider. I know, it's supposed to be a spin-off title, and it doesn't play like the other games at all, but it was just so much fun. I would highly recommend this to anyone who needs some 2 player couch co-op gaming in their life. It's easily on the top of my couch co-op gaming list.

The game had great puzzles, fun gameplay, cool unlockables and it was challenging.
Unfortunately, it's only on old gen consoles (played it on PS3). There was a sequel on newer consoles but it wasn't as good as this.

Seriously, go and play this game if couch co-op is a possibility for you.

First game that came to mind, I got it on Steam too because I didn't want it to be stuck on old consoles. I also prefer Guardian of Light to other Tomb Raider games