• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Madrugador

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
lol decreasing the fare was a solution 3 days ago. People basically want Piñera to resign now.

RazorbackDB

Oct 25, 2017
Piñera there isn't an scenario where this get's resolved a you are still president, you wanted a quick solution by stomping the people with your power but it blew up in your face.

Futaleufu

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
I'd rather have a curfew than having every subway station destroyed.

Because, you know, sooner or later we are going to need mass transit operational again.

And if you think Piñera is going to resign for this, grow up.

Javier

Oct 27, 2017
Chile
Well, if there's one thing we can learn from this is that THE ONLY WAY to make politicians to do something about the demands of the people is LITERALLY FIGHTING IN THE STREETS; my dear era members, if you want to make any change in your country, you have to go out, they won't listen to words.

Black_Red

Oct 27, 2017
Por que no piensas un poco antes de hablar weas.

How much do you want this to escalate? Dont you realize tonight people will die?
The government its the one escalating this.

It could have ended days ago, when people were just not paying the subway, but Piñera choose to try to scare the people filling the subway with cops, only to realize that people arent scared.

Javier

Oct 27, 2017
Chile
Oh, and BTW, these are the last "presidents" who have decreed curfews in the LAST FIFTY YEARS:

Pinochet, Piñera.

FUCK PIÑERA.

Futaleufu

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
The government its the one escalating this.

It could have ended days ago, when people were just not paying the subway, but Piñera choose to try to scare the people filling the subway with cops, only to realize that people arent scared.

Piñera did exactly the same thing every president since Aylwin has done on Chile for the last 30 years, and he is reacting in the exact same way any of the others would have done.

Black_Red

Oct 27, 2017
Piñera did exactly the same thing every president since Aylwin has done on Chile for the last 30 years, and he is reacting in the exact same way any of the others would have done.
Piñera?. maybe but:
The ministers joking saying that flowers are cheap, that speople should wake up early, that we go to public health to make friends in the lines, etc..
Filling the subway stations with HUNDREDS of cops and beating people inside the subway and then saying the agree with everything the police did (both Piñera and Chadwick said that).
Send the military to the streets and then declaring a curfew.

No, any other president would have noticed sooner that this would only escalate thing, they should have talked about dialogue on the fare the FIRST DAY isntead of threathening.

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
I was talking to a Chilean friend about this today, she told me she was safe but she's in a panic.

it's harrowing. I wish i could do more than wish for the best

Futaleufu

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Piñera?. maybe but:
The ministers joking saying that flowers are cheap, that speople should wake up early, that we go to public health to make friends in the lines, etc..
Filling the subway stations with HUNDREDS of cops and beating people inside the subway and then saying the agree with everything the police did (both Piñera and Chadwick said that).
Send the military to the streets and then declaring a curfew.

No, any other president would have noticed sooner that this would only escalate thing, they should have talked about dialogue on the fare the FIRST DAY isntead of threathening.

It's true, Piñera is as deaf as they come, and he surrounds himself of yesmen and technocrats "sin calle", so it escalated quickly. They are a bunch of assholes but they still are the incumbent government. There is a lot of pillaging going right now so there was no other choice.

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
I was talking to a Chilean friend about this today, she told me she was safe but she's in a panic.

it's harrowing. I wish i could do more than wish for the best

You can do something

I just read that online international TV statioms from here are being cut.

Can you verify?

Tvn.cl
Meganoticias.cl
T13.cl

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
You can do something

I just read that online international TV statioms from here are being cut.

Can you verify?

Tvn.cl
Meganoticias.cl
T13.cl

All three are available where I am in New Jersey (I just put them in my internet search bar and the websites came up)

1kwt5kB.png

WvK5Oyx.png

ODOwYJH.png

Serpens007

Well, Tosca isn't for everyone
Oct 31, 2017
Chile
All three are available where I am in New Jersey (I just put them in my internet search bar and the websites came up)

1kwt5kB.png

WvK5Oyx.png

ODOwYJH.png

Thanks ! I wanted to fact check that info. Check if the online transmisions are up

We're one hour from the curfew to being applied, and the streets are still full

I'm at my house and I hear plenty of protest and sirens lol

Chumunga64

Jun 22, 2018
Thanks ! I wanted to fact check that info. Check if the online transmisions are up

We're one hour from the curfew to being applied, and the streets are still full

I'm at my house and I hear plenty of protest and sirens lol

NP, I'm happy that I could help in any (small) way I can.

I'm sorry this is all happening to you due to your shitty government. My friend talking about how scared she feeling got to me

denx

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Piñera won't resign, come on.

But I think it's safe to say his political career is over after this.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
I saw this one day, didnt pay much attention to the details and thought "damn, hopefully it doesnt get too bad"

Literally not even a week later....stay safe everyone! Fight for whats right but do your best to not get yourself hurt

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

This is happening right now on my neighbourhood

Piñera fucked up BIG TIME, I can't believe that I'm going to say this, but I legit believe now that there is a chance that he will resign

CielYoshi

May 10, 2018
Santiago, Chile
So, uh, yeah, there's half an hour until curfew starts and there's still protests going in at least 50 points (Santiago only). Either they arrest everyone, or the city burns to the ground tonight...and I think the second option is most likely.

Javier

Oct 27, 2017
Chile
So, uh, yeah, there's half an hour until curfew starts and there's still protests going in at least 50 points (Santiago only). Either they arrest everyone, or the city burns to the ground tonight...and I think the second option is most likely.

And either result shows that Piñera is a failure as president.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
I suppose the government is going to use the looting as a reason to enforce the curfew even harder, right?

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
Is 24Horas.cl a pro-Piñera network? I have heard some criticism from the anchors towards the looters without mentioning the protests, and the police is allowing the reporters to just walk around and ask questions, so I suppose they're allowing certain media to cover the curfew...?

Ah fuck it, might as well write in Spanish from now on, perdón.

EDIT: Pensé que ya había entrado el toque de queda, ya vi que son las 21:43 allá en Chile.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I suppose the government is going to use the looting as a reason to enforce the curfew even harder, right?

Yeah

Deep down in their hearts, they are happy with this, since they can now imitate their heroes from the Pinochet era

Is 24Horas.cl a pro-Piñera network? I have heard some criticism from the anchors towards the looters without mentioning the protests, and the police is allowing the reporters to just walk around and ask questions, so I suppose they're allowing certain media to cover the curfew...?

Ah fuck it, might as well write in Spanish from now on, perdón.

24 Horas is owned by TVN, the state channel, of course they are pro-piñera

OP
OP

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
Man, the "cacerolazo" here in Osorno was superb. A really beautiful experience.

Oct 25, 2017
it was always puzzling to me how Chile kept going from Piñera to Bachelet and then back to Piñera and how Chile was the only country without politicians in jail because of OAS or Odebrecht