Pre-E3 Technical Update (Server Upgrade, DayEra/NightEra Fixes)

Status
Not open for further replies.

null

Oct 25, 2017
I know I'm just beating a dead horse at this point but having a night theme and then choosing the brightest purple known to man is really not working.

Everything else seems cool though. I hope it all goes well for you with E3 and the world cup all happening at the same time. I remember one year it actually destroyed the old place and took it offline for a few days.

Oct 25, 2017
I said this in my last feedback, the mobile version of DayEra/NightEra has notifications that are completely invisible. The desktop has a red dot, mobile needs it too.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not trying to be mean, but if Reset has the cash hire a real redesign firm please. I'm begging you guys and gals.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone having trouble accessing the forum? I actually got this page to load but I'm mostly getting the Error 502 screen from CloudFlare.

Oct 25, 2017
Throwing in my agreement for what it's worth that DarkEra (Legacy) is great for me. Perfect tone of purple, fills the screen. I use Firefox with the bookmarks bar always on threads are always offset towards the middle of the screen at just the right amount for readability and I have no need for centralising everything.

ody

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else experiencing random log outs?
I reported a force log out issue with the old themes (not sure if its the same problem), but no one has acknowledged it. And now Im being tossed between LightERA and DayERA without any user input.

Oct 27, 2017
Refreshing this thread keeps bouncing from 4 pages, to 5, back to 4 with ten new messages on a page 5 to clicking on page 5 having only one new post back to only 4 pages then to page 4 with one new message on page 5... then back and forth between 4 and 5 total pages.

All this after finally seeing a non-bugged out trial looking version of the site.

Oct 25, 2017
It's finally loading up but the site is all messy at the moment. My last post appears on my post listing but it's not on the actual thread. I have a notification from hours ago that started reappearing long after i checked it and now it won't go away. Some threads won't display more recent posts.

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Yeah it's all broken right now. Feels like I'm getting served at least 3 different instances of the forum state at every refresh.

Some server upgrades.

Dec 7, 2017
Awesome!

My only problem is with the width. I don't mind some space to look more modern but I feel that 1/4 of my screen is not being used in this new layouts.

Oct 25, 2017
don't know what's happening with the servers but I'm getting a lot of cloudflare pages and threads missing posts

daxy

Oct 25, 2017
Is the site having a meltdown or is it just me? Trying to read the last page of a certain thread and it's jumping back to an earlier page.

Oct 25, 2017
Is the site having a meltdown or is it just me? Trying to read the last page of a certain thread and it's jumping back to an earlier page.
I'm getting that and threads that have no posts in them, so I'm guessing there is some technical issues on the backend/maintenance going on

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, it is still too bright. It's even worse on my phone.

Anyone else having issues on their phone with the main menu taking a while to finish loading the last 10%?
It loads the 90% in quite fast but then it takes forever for it to load the rest.
This can be annoying since when it is done loading it scrolls the page a bit so I end up tapping on the wrong thread.

Oct 27, 2017
You know what people love? Pop ups. For the past 20 years everyone talked about how they love pop up ads jumping out and covering pages.

That was sarcasm. I don't like the pop up arrows on the bottom right of mobile version covering posts and such. Both dislike that they pop up, and the concept of something covering posts
Yeah, it is still too bright. It's even worse on my phone.
it makes me wonder why not use dark legacy purple? Is there some kind of copyright preventing using the same colors that I haven't heard complaints about?

Oct 26, 2017
Virginia
honestly the purple is still too bright to me on both Day & Night ERA plus nothing seems to have been done about all the wasted screen space on desktop browsers

guess I'll be sticking with LightERA for a while longer

I don't recall if this was answered in the last thread but will it ever be possible to use one theme on mobile and a different theme on desktop?

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
Great work team!

I know this has been brought up many times, but it really bears repeating given how egregious it is: The purple. The purple doesn't need tweaking or adjusting, it needs wholesale change.

The purple on NightEra is way, way, way too bright. It makes the theme totally unusable for me, as it is actively painful to look at a colour that vivid.

The purple on DarkEra is perfect. It's muted, soft on the eyes, goes well with the grey.

Oct 25, 2017
Still, if possible it'd be nice to offer folks the option to have the new themes fill their screens.
Plus, NightEra leaves a lot of wasted space down the sides. Is that intended?
I'll remain with dark for the time being. I don't like the wasted space on the new ones. I'm used to browse at 140/150% 1080p. I wonder how is it with the new themes and higher res monitors.
NightERA needs to scale with browser size like DarkERA does.
My only problem is with the width. I don't mind some space to look more modern but I feel that 1/4 of my screen is not being used in this new layouts.
see:

hey folks if you have a browser that supports a stylish-like extension and want the themes to fill your browser width:

Code:
.pageWidth {
    max-width: none;
    width: 98vw;
}
happy birthday

Nov 19, 2017
By the way, in the new theme, the sections are no longer at the bottom of the page. That was useful to get back to the main pages without needing to scroll up.

TSM

Oct 27, 2017
I've been having problems the last couple days with not being able to stay logged in in incognito mode on Chrome. I can click on a couple different things, but at some point I end up logged out with the default version of the website. I then log back in and repeat the process. I've never had this problem until the recent changes. Yesterday I was unable to log in and then change to the video game hangouts while staying logged in.

Nov 2, 2017
I've been having problems the last couple days with not being able to stay logged in in incognito mode on Chrome. I can click on a couple different things, but at some point I end up logged out with the default version of the website. I then log back in and repeat the process. I've never had this problem until the recent changes. Yesterday I was unable to log in and then change to the video game hangouts while staying logged in.
Seconding this. I thought I was just forgetting the click the "Remember Me" checkbox, but it's happened multiple times even when I know that I have.

Status
Not open for further replies.