• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

cbajd5

Oct 25, 2017
I changed my Nintendo Account region but it unlinked my NNID and I can't change it back. What do I do?
If you want to relink your NNID you have to switch the region of your Nintendo Account back to the same region as your NNID. If you did that already and it's failing then I'm not sure why it's failing.

gcncontroller

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
FL
i meant to switch my main account to JP for a day so i could redeem the code on my main account, but in my excitement i did it on my seperate JP account instead. oh well, can't see it being an issue in the future unless nintendo decides to regress their account handling (though stranger things have happened i guess LOL)

i don't think i'm going to get any work at all done tomorrow while i wait for this to unlock...

Jtrov

Oct 25, 2017
Did anyone else get this "error"?:

Sorry, processing is taking longer than expected.
Please do not reorder this item.
Game and Software downloads go through extra verification that may take up to 4 hours. This process is in place to prevent unauthorized orders on your account.

Click here to check your order in Your Account

Once your order is complete, we will send you the link to access your purchase
to your registered e-mail address.
Please contact us for more information or to cancel your order.

EDIT: Guess I should have checked the thread first.

When I go to the order page, I see nothing prompting me to update my card information. Any tips?

I don't know if you got this fixed yet or not as I just saw your post, but this is what I did. Click the link to check your order, it will then ask to "select a payment method", just reselect the one you entered in previously. It will then accept the payment and a message at the bottom should say something about verification taking around '4 hours'. Refresh / Check your order again and there should be a "Go to game library" link above where it says "Invoice". The code is in the game library link.

Hope this helps as I was in the same boat not knowing what was going on with my order and that was how I ended up getting it to work.

Novel Mike

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if you got this fixed yet or not as I just saw your post, but this is what I did. Click the link to check your order, it will then ask to "select a payment method", just reselect the one you entered in previously. It will then accept the payment and a message at the bottom should say something about verification taking around '4 hours'. Refresh / Check your order again and there should be a "Go to game library" link above where it says "Invoice". The code is in the game library link.

Hope this helps as I was in the same boat not knowing what was going on with my order and that was how I ended up getting it to work.
Yeah I'm not getting anything about 'selecting a payment method' just says pending verification.

Novel Mike

Oct 25, 2017
That's the message I got after the payment method was selected again. If you go to order status is there anything about invoice or game library?
Yeah I have two options: Order Details (which just brings up the transaction but can't change anything) and Invoice which does have a drop down menu but it only asks if I want to print out he invoice.

Jtrov

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I have two options: Order Details (which just brings up the transaction but can't change anything) and Invoice which does have a drop down menu but it only asks if I want to print out he invoice.

Hmm... I'm at a loss then. I would just periodically refresh the order details page as a "Go to your game library" should pop up the second it's been verified.

Apath

Oct 25, 2017

Unfortunately I do not have any link or option to verify my payment method. I can only view the order details and the invoice.

I guess I'll keep waiting!

Serene

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Got my code and preloaded. So damn excited and happy we have a place to talk about it in time for the release!

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Three hours and nothing so far. Only "pending verification" with no option to change my payment method.

Crow

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the heads up. Canceled my amazon order and got Odyssey preloaded and ready to go.

Novel Mike

Oct 25, 2017
It's been over 4 hours now for mine and no change, I'm just going to go to bed and see how it is in the morning, if I still don't have a code I'll just have to contact CS and get it canceled.

coolasj19

Oct 25, 2017
Houston, Texas
Sorry for all the other people that aren't having good luck.
I've got my game pre-loaded and ready to go, Booyah! Gonna play when I get back from work around noon.

syndicalist

Oct 25, 2017
Also having that processing problem, with no option to change payment methods. Maybe one too many orders at that McDonalds?

syndicalist

Oct 25, 2017
I'm wondering if setting the billing address for my card to Japan is causing issues. I couldn't find any other way to order it, though.

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
I'm wondering if setting the billing address for my card to Japan is causing issues. I couldn't find any other way to order it, though.
I ordered with my correct billing address (Brazil) and I'm having the same issue, so it's probably not that. Also, I didn't use the McDonald's address but rather another random one from Tokyo, so I don't think that's the issue either.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
I went the Amazon JP route. Got the key earlier, switched my account region to Japan, and redeemed & preloaded. Curious if we'll actually be able to play early, though. If it checks your region and not your IP, wouldn't you have to keep your region as Japan, meaning the game would display in Japanese?

SystemShark

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary
I am so tempted to cancel my Amazon pre-order as they just updated my delivery date to November 1st... All to save 10%...

Extremely frustrating as I was hoping to get it at least by Monday or Tuesday next week. Funnily enough, Amazon is shipping my preorder for Sonic Forces early so I will be receiving it on the release date (If it actually hits the appointed ship date).

I'll need to stay off the internet until I have it plugged into my Switch. Very jealous of you digital buyers.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
still nothing. FFS, if I wake up and see no code, i dunno what i'll do.

MetatronM

Oct 25, 2017
Worked for me. I had to go into the email that Amazon sent about not being able to authorize the payment, click the big yellow button to adjust payment method on the order, and then tell it to use the same card again. That worked instantly, and it sent the eShop code.

In the process of downloading right now.

Apath

Oct 25, 2017
How do I cancel this? I've placed the order well over four hours ago and it's still pending verification.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
Mario is on a high-speed rail coming to my local game store in about 30 minutes. So cloooose.

Tremagus

Oct 25, 2017
El Paso
I'm too lazy to do any of this. Went ahead and looked up the instructions but didn't want to do the different shipping address and what not. Went ahead and bought the digital copy on the eShop since I won't have time to play it until tomorrow night anyway, so time it unlocks doesn't matter too much.