• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

newline

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
London, United Kingdom
Downloading the game now. Thanks for the explanation OP, the whole process was really smooth. Took like 15 mins total, got the code instantly. Not only that but I saved money too! Cheapest I could find it for was £40 using prime savings but this came out at around £38.

Jambi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can you just buy it on the Japanese eshop now that it's unlocked and play with a US account?

Jambi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Did you not need to do the verification thing on amazon? I was avoiding that due to the delay people are seeing.

Listonosh

Oct 25, 2017
Literally where I'm at and its been 3 hours. If this doesn't go through I'm just going to cancel it and pick it up tomorrow.
That's what I was thinking too but I'm not seeing the option to cancel it

If I'm not able to cancel and it does go through AFTER the game is available here, someone here can just pick it up from me for $50

Last edited:

mocolostrocolos

Attempting to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Just registered! Thanks to the guy in the other forum that provided the info to get this incredible game so cheap.

Zan

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
fuckFuckFUCK

I got everything up to the code redemption. When I try and imput it, I get this error code:

エラーコード 9001-0040

このダウンロード番号はすでに使用されています.

i fucking wasted 60 bucks fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

SCUMMbag

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Sorry guys if this has been asked before. But I bought the game on the EU Shop. If I change my region to Japan, can I play it early?

cvbas

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
fuckFuckFUCK

I got everything up to the code redemption. When I try and imput it, I get this error code:

エラーコード 9001-0040

このダウンロード番号はすでに使用されています.

Which code did you try to redeem? For me, at least, Amazon showed two different 16 digit codes and as I don't read japanese I didn't know which was the correct one. The one you should try redeeming is the one that shows up on the first line after "ダウンロード番号".

Listonosh

Oct 25, 2017
fuckFuckFUCK

エラーコード 9001-0040

このダウンロード番号はすでに使用されています.

Holy shit, how is that possible?! Is there something Amazon customer service can do about that?

Abu

Oct 25, 2017
😏
When does the pre-load activate for those of us that bought it on the US Eshop?

Doesn't feel good being left out :(

yap

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
fuckFuckFUCK

エラーコード 9001-0040

このダウンロード番号はすでに使用されています.

Look at the game in your Games and Software Library

Do you see this button?
jRq2mZP.png

Did you click on it? If you did, it should have sent you to redeem site where you logged in with your Nintendo account. Did you do any of this?

Cause you may have already redeemed it and the game's waiting to be downloaded.
To check, go to the eShop on your Switch and check if SMO is labeled purchase.

This was my experience, so hopefully it is yours as well.

Sylar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cool, going to try it then even though i'm getting physical tomororw. What's there to lose

Tahnas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The reviews got to me, I cancelled my Amazon order and am now 30 min away from playing. Thanks OP!

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
I just tried this and my card was declined, checked my account and saw a $51 charge and a $51 credit. Welp, guess I'm waiting till tomorrow.

Listonosh

Oct 25, 2017
I wanna do this, but I'm just worried about how it would effect the ability to buy DLC.
So I actually have an update on this. Looks like all purchases, no matter from what region, count as being purchased in other regions as well. I just checked the eShop and it shows Super Mario Odyssey as "Purchased" for me. So if there ever is any sort of DLC down the road, I think we'll be fine purchasing it on our US accounts.

Oct 25, 2017
Just tried. Pending verification. Will wait until the morning and see if it goes through....

Weird that it's so hit and miss. Presumably if we're all following the same instructions, we should get the same results.

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
Just tried. Pending verification. Will wait until the morning and see if it goes through....

Weird that it's so hit and miss. Presumably if we're all following the same instructions, we should get the same results.
It's based on some factors, especially your bank. It seems that if you buy with an Amazon credit card then it gets verified pretty quickly.

Oct 25, 2017
Look at the game in your Games and Software Library

Do you see this button?
jRq2mZP.png

Did you click on it? If you did, it should have sent you to redeem site where you logged in with your Nintendo account. Did you do any of this?

Cause you may have already redeemed it and the game's waiting to be downloaded.
To check, go to the eShop on your Switch and check if SMO is labeled purchase.

This was my experience, so hopefully it is yours as well.
This was, unwittingly, my experience. Searched this thread for 'error' and eventually found your post! Then awkwardly navigated the eshop in Japanese to download.

Tuna

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry to bump this thread, but I just realized that I got charged twice for the game. I only ordered the code once as seen in my orders and Amazon JP charged me on October 25th at 1:02 pm CEST and on October 26th at 2 am CEST. Did anyone else experience this?