• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

striderno9

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
New York, NY
Microsoft has always been sort of particular about their console names and I think I have an idea for what they call their next console.

So we got these so far:

Xbox
Xbox 360(and its variations)
Xbox One
Xbox One S
Xbox One X

And I think Microsoft might call their next console
Xbox One
Or Super Xbox One (2020)

Anyway, the point is, after thinking this through for about five whole minutes I think that Microsoft keeps the Xbox One brand in one form or another. I think they like Apple's iPhone business plan so much they may crib the naming convention also. Naming it Xbox One (2020) or something like that (personally, I like Super Xbox One as it would be playful, and I feel like the word "Super" means a certain something to most gamers, plus SXO for short is dope).

Anyway, what do you all think? Am I onto something or do you have a better name for it?

sambills

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
i think they should call it xbox 720 and market heavy on 360 nostalgia OR just call it "xbox" and finally bring in all the play anywhere stuff under one roof and make "xbox" a store front on pc

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Xbox

Personally I want them to start fresh with a new generation. Not just an Xbox One XXX or something like that.

XboxStation.

CalamityPixel

Oct 27, 2017
xxxXboxOneXxx720HD (day one)

They are definitely gonna drop the "one" and hopefully distance themselves from this gen.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I think Xbox would want a clean break from the 'One' moniker. I don't think it adds anything positive to the perception of Xbox as a brand, whereas 360 would (and they had a clean break from that anyway).

Also say SXO out loud.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Xbox V. The V stands for Victory.
Xbox Spencer
Xbox 360 2
XOBX. Pronounced Zob-Ecks.
Sega Saturn X

StuBurns

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Nov 12, 2017
Just Xbox. A base version, an Elite with a Pro-like 'butterfly winged' GPU, and a Stream, for a super cheap streaming version, probably not at launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.