• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
edit: 1:10 AM PST - Pre-load is live on Uplay as of this edit, apparently not up on consoles yet.

A little over 2 hours from this post, preload should be live on all platforms. Some info below for how to access the beta. Also included a picture at the bottom showing start and end dates in various time zones. Game install size is roughly 46 GB on all platforms. Emails with info about invites should start going out at the same time as the start of the preload. The beta starts Feb 7th @ 1AM PST until Feb 11th @ 1AM PST.

Beta players will be able to invite up to 3 friends on Uplay at this link. Apparently this goes live at the link at 5PM GMT.

Threw this together kinda fast, plz let me know if there's anything I should add or incorrect info.

1) Access the Private Beta by pre-ordering

A) Digital pre-order

By preordering The Division 2 on your Xbox Store, PlayStation Store or Uplay PC, you will have direct access to the Private Beta.
  • You do not have to redeem a key
  • The Division 2 Private Beta will be visible in your game library on your Xbox One, PS4 or in Uplay PC starting February 6th at 9am GMT.
  • On Xbox One or PS4, if you cannot see the Beta in your game library, you can manually trigger the download via your console store's website:
  • Download the Private Beta and be prepared for the opening of servers on February 7th at 9am GMT.
B) Retail pre-order

If you pre-ordered The Division 2 at retail, your retailer will provide you with a Private Beta access code.
  • Redeem your code here
  • You will receive an email from The Division 2 containing your key to access The Division 2 Private Beta
  • On console, you can redeem this key on your Xbox Store or PlayStation Store
  • On PC, the Private Beta will be visible in the "My Games" tab of the UplayPC client
  • The Division 2 Private Beta will be visible in your game library on your Xbox One, PS4 or in the Uplay PC client starting February 6th at 9am GMT.
  • Download the Private Beta and be prepared for the opening of servers on February 7th at 9am GMT.
C) Digital preorder on Epic Games Store

Preordering The Division 2 on the Epic Games Store also grants you access to the Private Beta. In this instance, you will receive your Private Beta access by email directly from Epic.

2) Access the Private Beta by being selected
  • You will receive an email from The Division 2 containing your access key to The Division 2 Private Beta. You can also retrieve your Beta access key by logging in here
  • Follow the same instructions above for pre-order
Thx JaseC for the timers below!

Beta begins in:
t1549530000z0.png

Beta ends in:
t1549875600z0.png

0RwfJsn.jpg

Last edited:

Megauap

Oct 28, 2017
Spain
If anyone has an invite link for the PC beta that is not going to use, I would appreciate it. Really want to try the new Division game!

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
So let me get this clear, everyone who has The Division 2 Beta in their library has access to the Beta, right?

No need to activate the beta code nor wait for invitation email from Ubisoft.

TheUnseenTheUnheard

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 25, 2018
I registered at PAX and right after the announcement on multiple accounts and still didn't get a key.

OP
OP
Kaeden

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
So let me get this clear, everyone who has The Division 2 Beta in their library has access to the Beta, right?

No need to activate the beta code nor wait for invitation email from Ubisoft.
That's the theory at this point and pretty much what they've said as of late. I think the people who were accepted basically had the beta access show up earlier than maybe they intended but yeah it's showing in mine as of now, but I know others who don't see it and own the first game. I didn't preorder anything, just registered for the beta on its own.

OP
OP
Kaeden

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Haha. Between me not following her career as closely as I once did and Fish passing away, I felt like a change. I still have the avatars, though, so, who knows, maybe it'll just be temporary.
Gotcha. Yeah I meant to ask ya about it a while back but forgot at the time. You planning to play Division 2? I can't wait, it's easily my most looked to game of this year.

Embedded

Oct 27, 2017
I would really like a code if someone has one to spare....
I have signed up for beta since the announcement but i haven't received anything yet.

I'm on PS4.
If someone has one to spare please pm me.

Edit:
Just got my key from Ubisoft.

Last edited:

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh man. I'm ready. I didn't realize the preload would be up before bed.

Division 1 is so much better than Destiny or Destiny 2 it's fucking silly. Can't wait for a sequel with lessons hopefully learned.

panda-zebra

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 28, 2017
Well that was easy for ps4 access. Sign in, click something, get in. Thanks OP I've got something to take my mind off not having any Anthem this weekend.

Dec 19, 2018
This doesnt quite seem right. I applied for beta via email and 10 minutes later (no notifications) I ran Uplay and had Division 2 beta in my library. Either Ubi has somesort of auto approval conditions which I meet or just having Div2 beta in the library doesnt mean beta access...

OP
OP
Kaeden

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
This doesnt quite seem right. I applied for beta via email and 10 minutes later (no notifications) I ran Uplay and had Division 2 beta in my library. Either Ubi has somesort of auto approval conditions which I meet or just having Div2 beta in the library doesnt mean beta access...
Let's hope it's an auto approval because there have been people who mentioned they don't have it in their 'My Games' and applied. Then again, if I was one of them and saw your post, I'd be kinda mad.... lol

GrrImAFridge

ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS
Oct 25, 2017
Western Australia
Gotcha. Yeah I meant to ask ya about it a while back but forgot at the time. You planning to play Division 2? I can't wait, it's easily my most looked to game of this year.

Yeah. I wasn't initially as I generally don't buy PC games outside of Steam unless I'm sure I'll play them in the near future, but a mate said he'd like to play co-op where possible, so I pre-ordered a Uplay key.

Perhaps you got lucky and were included in the subsequent wave of invites. It'd be weird for the registration process to add a non-functional game to your library.

Dec 19, 2018
Let's hope it's an auto approval because there have been people who mentioned they don't have it in their 'My Games' and applied. Then again, if I was one of them and saw your post, I'd be kinda mad.... lol
Just a theory - I think I am considered a loyal customer from Ubis perspective. I have most of the Ass creed games and most of the Far Cry games in my library. I also buy DLC reliably. I bought Division 1 with the seasons pass also so this might be a factor. This is a nice way of rewarding my loyalty. But like I said - just a theory.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
no code from amazon. it is supposed to be emailed to me right? checking the amazon 'digital items' page and nada

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
Just a theory - I think I am considered a loyal customer from Ubis perspective. I have most of the Ass creed games and most of the Far Cry games in my library. I also buy DLC reliably. I bought Division 1 with the seasons pass also so this might be a factor. This is a nice way of rewarding my loyalty. But like I said - just a theory.

How's this for loyalty?

a5nnQHG.png

Guarantee you that's what got me in the beta. Either that or me being one of the 1000 people who bought Steep (it's good!).

Pfroebbel

Oct 28, 2017
I got a Code from my Retailer, used it at my Ubisoft Account and got a Mail that I have Access to the Beta, but no Code from Ubi for PSN Download

OP
OP
Kaeden

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
I got a Code from my Retailer, used it at my Ubisoft Account and got a Mail that I have Access to the Beta, but no Code from Ubi for PSN Download
I believe the code you're needing should be sent out around the time when the preload starts, which is just under 1 hour from now. Trying to find the info that mentioned that but I'm pretty sure that's how it will work.

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
don´t know, something isn´t working, i redeemed my code 3 days ago, when i log in now, all i see is "your email address isn´t confirmed" i click on send me a email to confirm, i confirm and still is my email adress not confirmed when i log in again on this "redeem site", it is like an endless loop.

Questionable if they will send me the link to download the beta now because the email can´t be confirmed

GG Ubisoft, what a mess

OP
OP
Kaeden

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
don´t know, something isn´t working, i redeemed my code 3 days ago, when i log in now, all i see is "your email address isn´t confirmed" i click on send me a email to confirm, i confirm and still is my email adress not confirmed when i log in again on this "redeem site", it is like an endless loop.

Questionable if they send me the link to download the beta now because the email can´t be confirmed

GG Ubisoft, what a mess
I doubt it's this but tried clearing your cache? Just something that immediately came to mind when I saw this. Hope it gets resolved quickly for ya.

Oct 27, 2017
I feel like this confusion over codes happens for every major Ubisoft beta. It shouldn't be this hard...someone is failing over there.

Oct 27, 2017

Questionable if they will send me the link to download the beta now because the email can´t be confirmed

GG Ubisoft, what a mess
I'm getting the same thing.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
42 gigs oof.

Edit: so where can I generate invite links for others? Can't seem to find it.

Static

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Let's go preload woooooooo!

Last two weekends were Anthem. Next weekend is Anthem. THIS WEEKEND IS ALL YOU THE DIVISION 2.

I still see nothing about the friend invites on the website linked in the OP. Do those not become available until beta starts?

Links for invites are apparently going live at 5PM GMT which is roughly 8 hours from now at the main beta page where you registered.
Asked and answered! Thank you!

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
It will be interesting to see how the reactions stack up to anthem. I really liked the original division, but I struggled to stick with it so I'm hoping for some decent improvements.

OP
OP
Kaeden

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
It will be interesting to see how the reactions stack up to anthem. I really liked the original division, but I struggled to stick with it so I'm hoping for some decent improvements.
Yeah, agreed. What was the hype level like going into Anthem versus how people, on the average, felt it compared to what they wanted?

From what I recall it seems a lot were let down, but I didn't follow it too closely.

I know my hype for TD2 is through the roof, and so far it seems like it might be somewhat close to what I want.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Did anyone preorder through humble bundle? I did mine that way and linked it to my account just now. Wondering if there's anymore hoops I have to jump through.

Truant

Oct 28, 2017
Never thought I'd be more excited for a Divison sequel than a Bioware multiplayer RPG. What a world.

Aeferis

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
It's literally written in the first paragraph of the first post...

In a thread about infos about the beta, the minimum you can do is at least to read it if you want some infos, or just search the page.

I read it several times but somehow I kept missing the opening paragraph because my attention was focused on the numbered points.

But hey, I'm glad I asked anyway because at least I gave you a reason to get cocky over a whole bunch of nothing. Thanks for the info.

sleepr

Banned for misusing pronouns feature
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
The folks from Massive were kind enough to send me a beta key for free. Will be trying it out for sure.