• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
I really love the look of it, it looks really dumb and really cute somehow, like if a Switch was stung by a bee and swelled up due to an allergic reaction

Mendrox

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
thing has great word of mouth. this is the fifth time I see it in 24 hours and the second time even here.

Simon-chan

Oct 27, 2017
Italy
images

OP
OP

Deleted member 58846

User requested account closure
Banned
Jul 28, 2019
Western AAA publishers porting their games to the Smitch right now
Capcom to announce a Smith exclusive Monster Hunter game

Wow, I guess any store that actually sells these has no clue. I saw the SMB3 logo on the box, figured it was just more stealing of the art but this is pretty insane.
This specific one is in Columbia, but yeah, a lot of stores in the U.S. often sell knock-off stuff too, without knowing any better.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, I guess any store that actually sells these has no clue. I saw the SMB3 logo on the box, figured it was just more stealing of the art but this is pretty insane.

edit: I see it's being sold in Columbia, okay.
Nah, even in the US these bootleg consoles filled with pirated roms are sold en masse at places like walgreens, dollar general, etc.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Nah, even in the US these bootleg consoles filled with pirated roms are sold en masse at places like walgreens, dollar general, etc.
Well that's quite surprising. I wonder if they can be sued by Nintendo or other copyright holders for stuff like this. They have to have some type of responsibility for allowing these companies to profit off other's IP, right? I've never really looked too closely at most of the knockoffs I've seen but a quick glance usually seemed to show just hundreds of crap games, not actual ROMs like these.

Zacmortar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well that's quite surprising. I wonder if they can be sued by Nintendo or other copyright holders for stuff like this. They have to have some type of responsibility for allowing these companies to profit off other's IP, right? I've never really looked too closely at most of the knockoffs I've seen but a quick glance usually seemed to show just hundreds of crap games, not actual ROMs like these.
Theres typically a mix of roms and trash, the few roms being the ones all over the box. And sure, they could use legal action probably, but its really not worth it considering most of these are only ever sold at location, not online in any capacity.

kyo2004

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Bogotá D.C.
Edit: I see it's being sold in Columbia, okay.
This specific one is in Columbia, but yeah, a lot of stores in the U.S. often sell knock-off stuff too, without knowing any better.

1. It's Colombia... Srsly... :/
2. Between this and the knockoff NES Classic selling in huge official department stores many Colombian kids will be disappointed... XD
3. Time to pay a visit to San Andresito de la 38 to see this product live.... XD

Meatwad

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
USA

Oh they can absolutely be sued