• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Big orange is sure to be pissed about it, even if it is still in "hypotheticals" for now.

Personally, I'd love to see everyone on the Dem side start talking about #PresidentPence on social. The resulting Trump Twitter blowup would be enough to power a few small cities.

As House Democrats ponder the politics of impeaching Donald J. Trump, they are weighing the possible outcomes. An impeachment inquiry could weaken the president before next year's election and give the White House back to the Democrats, or it could backfire, the way the GOP's effort to oust Bill Clinton did in 1998. But there's a third option: impeachment could succeed. As a senior staffer on the House Judiciary Committee framed the dilemma, "What if we're left with President Pence?"

That scenario has seemed far-fetched — until this week. At the moment there don't seem to be enough GOP senators who would vote to convict Trump if the Democratic-controlled House passes articles of impeachment against him. But the president hasn't been able to quash "Ukraine-gate," the scandal that erupted after a White House whistleblower reported that Trump pressed Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky for dirt on Joe Biden and his son Hunter. Releasing the transcript of the call, which the White House apparently believed was exculpatory, only intensified the pressure. A recent Fox News poll showed a majority — 51 percent — now want Trump impeached and removed from office. That was the first major poll showing a majority in favor of Trump's ouster.

The episode made Pence look out of the loop and a bit clueless, and he awkwardly refused to confirm or deny to reporters recently whether he knew of Trump's Biden scheme. But his staffers considered the Washington Post story a "win," and unless new, more damaging information comes out, Pence will likely survive. If Trump goes down next year, he will be president.

When, in July of 2016, Pence got word that Trump was going to call in 30 minutes to let him know about his decision on the vice presidency, he was in his office with his wife and three senior members of his staff, devout evangelicals all. He asked them to join hands and pray together. A half-hour later, his prayers were answered. Mike Pence had long wanted to be president. Now he had the chance to be a heartbeat away. Should the Senate hold a vote on Trump's fate, will Pence, his wife, Karen, and their top aides once again gather in prayer?

And if so, what will they be praying for?

Source:

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Trump finally turning on Pence and the rest of his cabinet would be amazing.

Jarmel

The Jackrabbit Always Wins
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Trump could very easily drop Pence for his running partner in 2020 and I doubt anybody would be swayed.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Probably even worse than Trump. Lets hope the impeachment process fucks him too or that donny throws him under the bus like he alluded to.

Big orange is sure to be pissed about it, even if it is still in "hypotheticals" for now.

Personally, I'd love to see everyone on the Dem side start talking about #PresidentPence on social. The resulting Trump Twitter blowup would be enough to power a few small cities.

job/ar-AAICO9L[/URL]
Honestly this should be where dems target Trump. Play on his insecurities and start floating ideas like this around DC. He would lose his fucking mind.

Mar Tuuk

Oct 31, 2017
h15KgHw.gif

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
Every single republican is complicit in this fascist farce. Especially the fuckers closest to Trump, like Pence. To hell with them all. #PresidentPence is frightening and frustrating even if it does upset Trump.

Lord Fagan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I fully expect a deal to be floated to sacrifice the Presidency to Pence in exchange for immunity for Trump at the NY AG office.

Not that it will roll out that way, but the offer will happen, I'm sure of it.

dabig2

Oct 29, 2017
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...3aa9e2-e4a7-11e9-b403-f738899982d2_story.html

Mr. Handpicked by Paul "Ostrich Jacket" Manafort doesn't get out of this clean...but maybe that's all that's needed for a stopgap before Warren or whoever sweeps in in the aftermath.

Never forget:

Don't forget Flynn may well have highly incriminating evidence about VPOTUS Mike Pence, who claimed that Flynn misled him about Kislyak. Perhaps Pence wasn't as clueless as he claims. And we know a sitting VP can be indicted and convicted. Recall Agnew.

I know damn well the judge in this case saw the evidence here in particular and probably freaked out at the amount of crimes, crimes, crimes. We know from the released phone call that he was in regular contact with Trump and I think we can assume Pence knows all of this too. Hand-picked by Manfort himself as you say, and that entire affair was strange even for 2016's season. Dude is dirty as hell and the only question is if he gets judged for his part in these crimes before Trump or after? After all, Trump might very well still be POTUS despite the amount and severity of crimes uncovered. In fact, most bet on it.
But Pence is less protected. And he could easily be a sacrificial lamb like so many other. No "presidential immunity" King George III bullshit excuse for him either.

Deffers

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
It's not an outcome that I actually want, but talking about it seems like a good way to shake the tree and see what comes out. Trump's really not gonna like it.

Reeks

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
God I hope shitbag gets jelly and brings him down with him.

RiOrius

Oct 27, 2017
I fully expect a deal to be floated to sacrifice the Presidency to Pence in exchange for immunity for Trump at the NY AG office.

Not that it will roll out that way, but the offer will happen, I'm sure of it.
What? That'd be a terrible deal. A year of Pence instead of Trump isn't worth letting Trump walk. He belongs in prison.

Lord Fagan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What? That'd be a terrible deal. A year of Pence instead of Trump isn't worth letting Trump walk. He belongs in prison.

You don't get it. Of course it's an awful deal, but it's the kind of thing they'd be craven enough to try to sell GOP senators as an easier pill to swallow instead of impeaching Trump and Pence together, and Pelosi becomes president.

Disco Stu

Oct 27, 2017
I think Pence would be an easier opponent. If it does happen I welcome it. He's also complicit in this BS but he's a small improvement over Trump. The whole GOP should rot for their crimes though.

Aaron

I’m seeing double here!
Oct 25, 2017
Minneapolis
Pence is probably just as complicit but I doubt there would ever be a scenario where the Senate GOP is okay with removing both Trump and Pence, as that would elevate Pelosi to the presidency.

Perhaps Pence could appoint a less toxic Republican to be his VP on his way out or something, but even that doesn't seem terribly likely. The only way Trump and Pence both go is if they were both struck by lightning or something.

I haven't seen it pop up yet but to the inevitable "no, Pence would be worse!" naysayers - please. He wouldn't be any better at moving legislation through Congress, since Democrats control the House and would shut down any heinous right-swing legislation he would dream up. The Senate has been confirming Trump's judicial nominees at a rapid clip, and I imagine Pence would just be working off the same list. The only real opportunity for a difference would be executive orders, but Trump has already implemented a lot of the terrible things people assume Pence would do.

So bring on Pence. Orange fuckstick would be gone and I honestly think Pence would be a weaker general opponent than Trump. Trump commands a real fervor among his base, while Pence would only be better at holding together some of the wobbly Republicans who are unlikely to vote for the Democrat next time anyway.

Oct 26, 2017
South Carolina
Never forget:

I know damn well the judge in this case saw the evidence here in particular and probably freaked out at the amount of crimes, crimes, crimes. We know from the released phone call that he was in regular contact with Trump and I think we can assume Pence knows all of this too. Hand-picked by Manfort himself as you say, and that entire affair was strange even for 2016's season. Dude is dirty as hell and the only question is if he gets judged for his part in these crimes before Trump or after? After all, Trump might very well still be POTUS despite the amount and severity of crimes uncovered. In fact, most bet on it.
But Pence is less protected. And he could easily be a sacrificial lamb like so many other. No "presidential immunity" King George III bullshit excuse for him either.

Spiro Agnew II: This Time, It's Personal

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So... from what we know about Pence..
the US could get her first female president... His wife,

President Karen Pence.

I mean, she is known to pull Pence's strings afterall. I think she is technically the God he serves. She says jump, he'll aim for the stars. So.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Pence is so uncharismatic, I think he adds to the score of his opponent.

So... from what we know about Pence..
the US could get her first female president... His wife,

President Karen Pence.

I mean, she is known to pull Pence's strings afterall. I think she is technically the God he serves. She says jump, he'll aim for the stars. So.

Mother President

RoninStrife

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pence is so uncharismatic, I think he adds to the score of his opponent.

Mother President
Lol what a time to be alive!
And then Trump turns on the GOP, airing all their dirty laundry, and then! Russia releases Trump's kompromat because he cant help them in any way, so they might as well do it!

I cant wait! At the end of all this, Trump will hopefully be gone and we can all laugh that the Steel dossier is very true indeed.

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i'm pretty sure Trumps removal would effectively kneecap a Pence presidency. the whole reason Republicans threw their weight behind them was to avoid being cannibalized by their constituencies, and i am almost positive the zealotry people have for Trump will be not be as passionate for the most boring, safe motherfucker on the planet. honestly, who the fuck knows though. no one ever went broke underestimating the standards of the American voting public 🤷‍♀️

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
From a philandering joke to a man who has had sex only to procreate with strict in darkness, no sound and no eye contact rules.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck Pence, but we all know the Republican Senate won't abide a President Pelosi even if it means keeping a criminal in the White House instead

DanGo

Oct 25, 2017
There's no support for the thread title in the article. It's just one dude's wild speculation.

Blue Skies

Banned
Mar 27, 2019
If republicans are smart, they're not, they would throw both pence and trump to the wolves, immediately find a candidate for 2020, and focus all their energy on that person winning. Its very possible overall turnout for 2020 would be lower if the trump fiasco is finally over by then.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
Every single republican is complicit in this fascist farce. Especially the fuckers closest to Trump, like Pence. To hell with them all. #PresidentPence is frightening and frustrating even if it does upset Trump.

Its a guaranteed win in 2020 for the Dems. I'll take this in a heartbeat.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I don't see this happening honestly; as soon as Trumpo realizes he's proper fucked he's gonna sing like a canary and take down as many of his crew with him as possible.

lupinko

Oct 26, 2017
Impeachment didn't hurt Clinton, it hurt Al Gore and the Democrats in the following election.

It ultimately had the same intended effect, so I wouldn't call that backfiring.