• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
México
Look, I'm not American. In fact, I'm Mexican and I know how Trump is.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not supporting Trump here (I would never do it), but just a general observation to the USA country as a whole, but I don't see anything wrong with having a space force? Sure, it sounds kinda like science fiction, but we can't deny that some countries (the USA included) have the ability, power, skills, and money to reach the space, and to put weapons in orbit.

Why not have a space force?

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
Methinks this is just another purposeful distraction from the Impeachment Hearings...

Oct 26, 2017
images

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
We live in a timeline where Donald Trump might be responsible for the origin of Starfleet.

God fucking damnit.

dlauv

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I like having a space force. I also like that its logo knocks off Star Trek.

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I'm confused... if its the sixth branch... why does it say it's a department of the Air Force... an existing branch

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Awww shieeeeeeeeeeeet.

I actually really like that design.

JonnyDBrit

God and Anime
Oct 25, 2017
Trump establishes Star Fleet...

...Is this why Admirals keep going insane?

His katra haunts Starfleet Command, passing from one unwitting victim to the next.

More seriously, this is a deeply cynical, mildly disturbing appropriation of pop cultural iconography; intending to rally fans of such out of the need for recognition while actively subverting what the property in question stood for. I realise that's not new with this administration, but this strikes a particular chord with me, and not a good one.

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
It's going to be pretty amazing when Trump sues Star Trek for ripping off his logo and the "Real" Conservative Star Trek fans rally round him and want to take Gene Rodenberry to court for what he's done to the President.

Croc Man

Oct 27, 2017
I hope every publication and website comes to some arrangement not to bother with Arpil Fools stories anymore as they can't top reality. Seriously it's impossible to tell the difference these days.

Sendero

Oct 25, 2017

Don't get me wrong, I'm not supporting Trump here (I would never do it), but just a general observation to the USA country as a whole, but I don't see anything wrong with having a space force? Sure, it sounds kinda like science fiction, but we can't deny that some countries (the USA included) have the ability, power, skills, and money to reach the space, and to put weapons in orbit.

Trump have zero interest on the space force itself. For him, this is a great PR distraction, and a deal "win" to parrot on his parades.
Everyone is criticizing him for that, not the idea itself -- which may have merits, but the current administration is just not up to the task, nor want to.
Nothing of real relevance (in terms of infrastructure, projects, legal framework, etc) will actually be done in under his tenure. It's just pure pap.

They showed them last week
Oh, I actually missed this. Clearly, tons of effort, analysis and thoughts went into its design.

Wonder if the Government will be sued for copy infringement.

Last edited:

Hasseigaku

Oct 30, 2017
I wonder if the Star Trek writers are all thinking about how annoying it will be that they have to change the logo.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I think it's actually super cool how it's so similar.

Oct 25, 2017
Man, imagine that in the Starfleet history book.
Starfleet was started by a fat orange racist who wanted to shoot people from orbit. Then he did, and WW3 fucked the earth, but then actor James Oliver Cromwell got drunk and invented warp drive and then starfleet became pretty chill.

Oh wait we're on the Terran Empire side of things aren't we...shit
Donny should have ripped off this logo, it's more in line with his morals
nALiK7Ym.jpg

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Everything Donald Trump (and by extension, his political movement) represents is totally, 100% antithetical to what Gene Roddenberry stood for and aspired towards. So I don't personally think this is very cool at all.

I hate Trump and his policies, but conflating my dislike of him to everything even remotely associated with him is silly. At the end of the day, the discussion isn't about Trump and his policies, it's about whether this new logo is good or not. I happen to like the logo.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
I hate Trump and his policies, but conflating my dislike of him to everything even remotely associated with him is silly. At the end of the day, the discussion isn't about Trump and his policies, it's about whether this new logo is good or not. I happen to like the logo.
I mean the only reason we're even discussing the logo is because Trump wanted to make this military branch as a PR stunt

Bramblebutt

Banned
Jan 11, 2018

That bit about putting WMDs in orbit.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
I still can't believe anyone in the US actually thinks they're even remotely en route to sending people to space .. in uniforms instead of bulky space suits .. in wing commander x-wing space fighter ships.. and actually being useful up there.

The fucking orange asshole literally wanted to close down NASA practically months ago 'cause it's a "waste of time and money". Also he literally has absolutely no idea what space is. He doesn't even know what the goddamn sun is.