• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

n00bp

Oct 28, 2017
Base game + Mooncrash for 8 bucks? Sold!

And now to place it on my ever growing backlog pile...

Zoid

Oct 27, 2017
Easily one of the best singleplayer games in recent years. Everyone should give it a shot, and for this price it's a steal.

Ravio-li

Dec 24, 2018
Hm ok... y'all convinced me. I neither liked System Shock 2 or Bioshock THAT much, so I never bothered with this one. I'll try it.

Is there an option to reskill in case your build is unfun or ineffective? I had problems in SS2 with multiple broken guns and no option to repair them - in the end I restarted (multiple times) and made a wrench build, that made the game far too easy and lost motivation somewhere after you meet shodan.

b0uncyfr0

Apr 2, 2018
So i play on a Dualshock 4 - is it actually playable with a controller...Does it require precise movement or something like that? Seems like a good game from the praise it gets.

Dogzillaboot

Nov 12, 2017
Sacramento, California
I got this for free on PS4 a while back and tried my hardest to get into it cause it ticks every box for me but the combat felt so sluggish on there for some reason and I just couldn't do it. Picked it up last night on steam and played for 5 hours straight. Playing keyboard and mouse is the way to go if you can! Id prefer a controller but this game seems built for keyboard and bliss.

Deleted member 29682

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Hm ok... y'all convinced me. I neither liked System Shock 2 or Bioshock THAT much, so I never bothered with this one. I'll try it.

Is there an option to reskill in case your build is unfun or ineffective? I had problems in SS2 with multiple broken guns and no option to repair them - in the end I restarted (multiple times) and made a wrench build, that made the game far too easy and lost motivation somewhere after you meet shodan.

You can't respec for lore reasons (which is a bit weird to say but it's actually an important plot point), but in the early-mid-game you gain the ability to basically craft skill-points so getting a large number of skills becomes easy.

Htown

Oct 25, 2017
You know what? i tried the demo and the game seems to actually run on my system despite my card not meeting the system requirements. Think I'll go ahead and buy the thing.

Is it worth buying the package with the DLC?

the_kaotek1

Oct 25, 2017
It's a fantastic game that I already have on PS4. I'd double dip in a heartbeat if it didn't still have fucking Denuvo.

Last edited:

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
I remember playing the demo and I was sold on it. This game is fucking awesome and I would say it's very very close to being up there with Bioshock, or maybe it actually is up there with it.

After that ending it would be a crime if we don't get a sequel.

KainXVIII

Oct 26, 2017
How about difficulty for experienced player?
Is it ok?
uxM1L3q.jpg

Javier23

Oct 28, 2017
How about difficulty for experienced player?
Is it ok?
uxM1L3q.jpg
Yes. I would personally also enable weapon degradation, but that's me. And keep in mind that this is no regular FPS but about being resourceful and being creative in how you go about solving problems in order to be as effective and efficient as possible.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Finished it last night (on ps4). Fantastic game. One of my favourites this gen.
46hrs to complete (probably 43 hours if it wasn't for all those load times between areas!)

The story is interesting even despite the ending stinger

KainXVIII

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry if i post here, but what about December's sidequest? I heard there is some kind of spoiler in the end of it and i should not do it right away..

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
I don't owe myself anything except maybe a bourbon pour when I get home tonight... but OK, I'll give this a try too.

TheBryanJZX90

Nov 29, 2017
I watched a bunch of people play through it on YouTube when it came out, and really enjoyed that. But it also means I don't feel like I need to play it myself.