• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Prey VR has been spotted for PSVR on UK retailer ShopTo website.

I wonder if this is a real deal or not? No release date or any other details on the site.
5zJju4K.jpg

Source

ShopTo Link

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
It could be a repackaging of Prey that includes Typhon Hunter, the VR mode. On PS4, it's free as part of the Mooncrash DLC, but is played as its own game separate from Prey. Maybe it will now come on one disc. The same thing happened with Star Wars: Battlefront. It released in 2015. The VR mission was an add-on in 2016. When the Ultimate Edition came later, the box art included PSVR branding. Same with No Man's Sky. When the VR mode came out, they created a new SKU of the game with PSVR branding.

Prey is also on Steam. Like on PS4, Mooncrash includes Typhon Hunter. Typhon Hunter is a separate launcher there as well.

Last edited:

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
Maybe it's a repackaging of Prey that includes Typhon Hunter, the VR mode. On PS4, it's DLC. Maybe it will now come on disc. The same thing happened with Star Wars: Battlefront. It released in 2015. The VR mission was an add-on in 2016. When the Ultimate Edition came later, the box art included PSVR branding.
Has it released for PC? I'd like to try it.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
Has it released for PC? I'd like to try it.
Steam. It has BAD user ratings. Apparently it's very buggy and no one seems to play it much. I believe it's multiplayer only. If I'm not mistaken, it's one of those hide-as-an-inanimate-object type multiplayer games.

The base game is $30. The Mooncrash DLC is $20. But you can get it all at once in a Deluxe Edition for $40. As you need Mooncrash to get access to the Typhon Hunter VR mode, the Deluxe Edition is clearly the best option if you want to play the VR mode. Note: The base game's single player campaign does NOT currently have a VR mode.

Last edited:

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Steam. It has BAD user ratings. Apparently it's very buggy and no one seems to play it much. I believe it's multiplayer only. If I'm not mistaken, it's one of those hide-as-an-inanimate-object type multiplayer games.
To be fair, that idea is pretty inspired for a Prey based multiplayer game lol a shame that it doesn't work.

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017

The base game is $30. The Mooncrash DLC is $20. But you can get it all at once in a Deluxe Edition for $40. As you need Mooncrash to get access to the Typhon Hunter VR mode, the Deluxe Edition is clearly the best option if you want to play the VR mode. Note: The base game's single player campaign does NOT currently have a VR mode.
Welp, I have the base game. I think I am not going to spend money on that lol

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
It can't only be for Typhon Hunter. Rebranding a three-year old product because now it includes a minimal side content available for that specific device is liable to be considered as false advertising. That's also in contradiction with Bethesda's efforts on the platform. Either this listing is wrong or Arkane did find the time somewhere to develop a new VR experience.

PS: Typhon Hunter is absolutely dead, I've never been able to play a single match with people.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Bethesda's other VR ports haven't exactly been great so if they do another one I hope they add more physical interactions in there rather than just mapping everything to buttons on a controller.