• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Radium217

Banned
Oct 31, 2019

Bit of backstory - I recently went to Japan, mainly to vacation around but also to get some new games (retro ones). When I came home I wondered what my collection is worth. Eventually I got round to indexing everything and my collection came to around 6000 USD. I have around 250 titles. Mainly for PS2, 3 and 4.

So I was wondering if we have anyone else who has done this or would like to. It's fairly easy, quite fun and helps to just keep track of things if you are unsure what you already have as you can save your collection!

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
I recently went through most of my collection. Still have a few plastics bins to go through but I am currently looking at:

$35,068.85 USD.

Sadly pricecharting is missing lots of Japanese and European regional releases so there is a chunk of my collection I can't even log.

Lindsay

Nov 4, 2017
At least $231 is that .hack//Quarantine complete price is right o.o Think I'll go through an add all my stuffs up then report back!

edit!: wtf Earthbound loose is $274? I think I wouldn't mind parting with my copy for that much >.>

double edit!!:over $500 for 8 nes/snes games, mostly loose? ya I ain't buyin' this but its fun ta dream!

Last edited:

Dremorak

Oct 25, 2017
New Zealand
It would take me far too long lol.
But probably close to 10,000 I guess?
I've got about 75 PS2, Around 65 DS and 3DS, 20 N64 (all complete in box japanese copies)
around 50 loose cart Gameboy/GBC (mostly japanese) and around another 50 GBA loose carts(mostly japanese)
I've also got around 10 gameboy/gba/snes Complete in box games as well.
I don't have heaps but some of them are worth a decent amount and all complete, like:
MGS for GBC
Harvest Moon Friends of Mineral Town+More Friends as well
Infinite Space DS
Solatarobo
etc etc

OP
OP
Radium217

Radium217

Banned
Oct 31, 2019
Let me add mine here:
I tend to collect games I either like the devs for, have played or like the look of. So don't usually hunt for rarity per se. But I hope to keep expanding it over the next few years!
It's a pretty fun hobby.

OP
OP
Radium217

Radium217

Banned
Oct 31, 2019
At least $231 is that .hack//Quarantine complete price is right o.o Think I'll go through an add all my stuffs up then report back!

edit!: wtf Earthbound loose is $274? I think I wouldn't mind parting with my copy for that much >.>

double edit!!:over $500 for 8 nes/snes games, mostly loose? ya I ain't buyin' this but its fun ta dream!
It's based on a lot of data as far as I can tell and I think it's pretty accurate. Prices hiked recently.

OP
OP
Radium217

Radium217

Banned
Oct 31, 2019
I recently went through most of my collection. Still have a few plastics bins to go through but I am currently looking at:

$35,068.85 USD.

Sadly pricecharting is missing lots of Japanese and European regional releases so there is a chunk of my collection I can't even log.
Nice! You could just use the US version and note it as NTSC-J until it's added.

Crayolan

Oct 25, 2017
Too lazy to go and enter every game but I have to assume a few thousand? I have a lot of gamecube games which have spiked hard recently (I bought a copy of Path of Radiance CIB for $90 last year, the price is over double that now) as well as a handful of limited run releases which I assume go for a good amount. Aside from those I have dozens of other games from gens 5-8 which probably add up to at least a grand.

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Nice! You could just use the US version and note it as NTSC-J until it's added.

I did that for a couple of my Korean games but lots of these games vary in value compared to their north american counterparts.

And then I have a few items that are on pricecharting but have no attached value. Such as the European Xenoblade Chronicles Controller Bundle.

If nothing else price charting is a great way to get an estimate and keep track of the majority of my collection.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I should get off my ass and add my collection to Price Charting instead of GVN because they fucking suck at adding stuff. My GVN collection shows >$42K Canadian with ~1K games.

RandomSeed

Oct 27, 2017
Geez, Snatcher still worth something, huh, $900? Just looking at random things I have on there. I rented so many games back in the day that I doubt I have too much.

Oneiros

Oct 27, 2017
Shit. I remember seeing Hagane at a used game store. I doubt they still have it.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ever since finding out about that site from that thread that mentioned rare GCN games, I've been wanting to add my collection there and see what it's worth.

Problem is I have probably over 3,000 games, and just the thought of starting a project that big with as little time that I have...woof.

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
According to their last email they sent me on August 31t

Current Value: $11,324.54
Change from last month: $182.47 (1.6%)

Most Valuable Items:

1. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Console $456.49 (WTF)
  2. Xbox One X 1 TB Black Console (Xbox One) $320.00
  3. Playstation 4 Pro 1TB Console (Playstation 4) $297.93
  4. Valkyrie Profile (Playstation)$253.25
  5. Conker's Bad Fur Day (Nintendo 64)$198.78
  6. PlayStation Vita WiFi Edition (Playstation Vita)$164.99
  7. New Nintendo 3DS XL Black (Nintendo 3DS)$156.47

platocplx

2020 Member Elect
Oct 30, 2017
Ever since finding out about that site from that thread that mentioned rare GCN games, I've been wanting to add my collection there and see what it's worth.

Problem is I have probably over 3,000 games, and just the thought of starting a project that big with as little time that I have...woof.
Easiest way is scanning the UPCs

OP
OP
Radium217

Radium217

Banned
Oct 31, 2019

It took me around 3 hours to do 250 games so it would take ages for you but just go through it slowly :)

IrishNinja

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Vice City
if i have my entire collection on rf generation, can it easily be imported here? genuinely curious what my game room is currently worth

CollectedDust

Oct 27, 2017
Indiana
I would love to do something like this, but I can't image how long it would take to go through and enter everything. Maybe a good retirement hobby some day, lol.

Josh5890

I'm Your Favorite Poster's Favorite Poster
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Games- $14,105
Systems- $1,973
Amiibos- $3,465
Periphreals- $735

Total- $20,278

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Ive been selling them. So far I've made more than $500 in profit. If I sell a bit more I'll probably end at $750. I do have some rare ones that are worth $100+ per game so far so I might sit on them.

Just a headcount, I think physically most of my stuff is worth maybe a cool $1000 more or less (perks to having lots of Nintendo games XD).

That site has been a godsend for selling on ebay.

nny

Oct 25, 2017
I need to submit a few missing games, some already listed have no value attached - with that, the current value is €16341.51

Lindsay

Nov 4, 2017
Around 2 hours w/distractions ta input & manually add up about 300 games. Only a few games I couldn't find listings for. Low 5 digits for me, games-only. Magic Knight Rayearth (cib) seems ta be my most valuable one an I ain't giving that one up cause I like it an wanna replay it! Prices drop off hard once we hit the 7th Gen game consoles/handhelds. Guess they're still too new. btw I'm surprised Pokémon games go for high prices. LOL at Urban Champion for the e-reader having no loose or cib price. Every version of that game deserves ta cost nothin'. Surprised they had e-reader stuffs listed in the first place.

Damaniel

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
1913 games worth $50,117.30. About 5 years ago, I sold a couple dozen games that would be worth roughly $10k today, but I only got about $3k at the time for them. That should give an idea about how crazy classic game prices have gone up since then.

Fuzzy

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
It's annoying entering the games in the import tool. It says to add "CIB" to the line but half the time it doesn't do it and you have to check off the two other columns in your collection for the games it decided it didn't want to be CIB. lol

julian

Oct 27, 2017
I'm not gonna punch in all my games, but I'm having a hard time believing anybody would pay $800 for some of my games.

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
I should get off my ass and add my collection to Price Charting instead of GVN because they fucking suck at adding stuff. My GVN collection shows >$42K Canadian with ~1K games.

Or you can get off your ass and look at sold eBay listings for everything since Price Charting sucks too.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
I use GameValueNow, which is a similar site, but I prefer the interface over price charting. It's a bit newer but I prefer it to track my collection, though I use both sites for prices.

Fuzzy

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Or you can get off your ass and look at sold eBay listings for everything since Price Charting sucks too.
I ain't selling my stuff except for some of my doubles I don't really need to keep. Like an extra CIB GB Link's Awakening or sealed GCN Zelda Collector's Edition. lol

krae_man

Master of Balan Wonderworld
Oct 25, 2017
Whatever these sites use to sweep ebay sucks. They don't catch everything and counterfeits, repro packages etc get included.

I actually took photos and ebayed everything not that long ago for insurance purposes. I've been slowly pairing down my collection for years and I've still got $15k worth of stuff.

Oct 25, 2017
IDK probably a few thousand. Takes way too long for me to add it all up, and I only have a few hundred physical games. I imagine for some it is an even bigger nightmare

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017

They have a thread on videogamesage.com and if you post missing titles they have been adding them. They used to be very good, but when the site sold there was a long period where they didn't update it. Personally, I prefer GVN for a variety of reasons, but not having some entries does suck.

Fuzzy

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
They have a thread on videogamesage.com and if you post missing titles they have been adding them. They used to be very good, but when the site sold there was a long period where they didn't update it. Personally, I prefer GVN for a variety of reasons, but not having some entries does suck.
It's fucking stupid that new releases aren't added on release day. I don't want to remember to try again later if it's not there the first day.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
It's fucking stupid that new releases aren't added on release day. I don't want to remember to try again later if it's not there the first day.

I get some of the niche releases, but I can't argue with big titles like Animal Crossing lol. If I recall, it wasn't listed for several days after release.

It's not too big of a deal for me, since I have a transition storage before they are added to my shelf since it often means re-arranging multiple shelves so mine sit for a week or two before I add them all at once.

LordGorchnik

Oct 30, 2017
Looks like about $26k without the consoles or other paraphernalia in there. Just games. I dont really collect anything I just buy what I want to play and I've never sold anything off.

wmdpCs6.png

$35,068.85 USD.

Try gamevaluenow.com and see if they have it.

My collection

Worth like $37k, I've actually completed nearly everything listed as well. I don't really collect, I just sell off very little.

Another Ar noSurge culture brother.

Deleted member 30544

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Do you where I can do the same thing than pricecharting but for downloaded games? They even worth a damn? I don't think they hold any value but I think pricecharting is only for physical games.

Fularu

Oct 25, 2017
I just created an account and listed my 3DS games. 112 games for a 4030$ (US) value.

Interesting. It's going to take forever though

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
It's small (I used to sell a lot of games) but it's getting there. I still have over 200-300 games I want to buy.

Vito's Collection

Dragonyeuw

Nov 4, 2017
On what I have catalogued right now, over $9k( $7.5k games, $1.5k systems, $150ish on a handful of amiibo), but currently my collection is in another country ( moved last year) and I had to rely on some photos I took last year of some games. I reckon it's over $10k once I can get to it and record the rest on gameye. My GC games have doubled in many cases and the Saturn RPGs are out of control.

Am I going cuckoo or did we have a thread like this a few weeks ago?

Type VII

Oct 31, 2017
I should do this some time. I do know I have quite a few Cave shmups that seem to be worth a decent amount.

Morfeo

Oct 25, 2017
Inspired by this thread, I created an account on gamevaluenow.

1259 games with a combined value of 78k. Holy shit. I seriously doubt this is correct though.