• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
Not opening your "that isn't the real me" + "moment of anger" apology with a "hey, please be easy on the consequences" plea also helps

Yeah, how you gonna try and be smug about people not accepting non apologies.

If anyone doesn't know how to properly apologise, here's how:

Hey, I fucked up. I'm sorry for hurting you with my actions. I will work to be better in the future.

Save the empty platitudes for your diary.

kickz

Nov 3, 2017
Priest was a straight up jerk, no doubt but i think you might be selling the importance of the cup short. I'm not catholic so I don't presume to say what is important enough to call "sacred" but i know when the Pope came to Philly last year there was a lot of Pomp & Circumstance.

Right but where are you priorities when the Chalice is what you are worried about over your people..

Priority is kinda messed up there, it should be people then sacred chalice at #12 on the list

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
I grew up near there (like 5 minutes away) and was pretty shocked by this even with all the other LivingWhileBlack moments going on, namely because I went to catholic church nearby and it was a pretty diverse group at my church. Buuuut...we had a great priest that everyone loved and was immensely patient. The sort of guy that would *not* freak out about a stupid cup.

This Priest should needs to go to a monastery and spend the rest of his life reflecting if he wants to provide any evidence he truly feels like he's sinned. I doubt he will and the church will do little to rectify this.

asmith906

Oct 27, 2017
This thread is hilarious. Should be saved for posterity the next time we have one of those infamous ERA "forgiveness" threads.

The priest acted like a dick, but sweet Jesus, some of these responses to the apology.
This dude canceled a family funeral. Somebody's loved one's dead body was in a casket and he threw them out of a church. People have the right to be upset.

stupei

Oct 26, 2017
There's a part in the Bible where Jesus goes into a Temple and deliberately breaks shit to make a point. Sounds like a dude who cares a whole lot about cups.

And having someone who was supposed to help in your time of mourning instead refer to your loved one as "this thing" would've been no big deal, I'm sure.

I often refer to the dead as though they are objects when I'm stressed.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Someone needs to go back and watch Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade to get his priorities straight.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
FUCK YOOOOUUUUUUUU

I wish there was a hell so this guy could make it there.

What the fuck are you going to do about it, you cunt? You gonna make it right for the family? Knowing your type you probably think an apology was enough. Too much, in fact.

Man I'm holding back, I got no love for religious hucksters like this fuckin stooge

Palantiri

Oct 25, 2017
If some artifact is of more importance than the grief and ceremony surrounding the passing of a loved one, to the extent that your response would be to cancel the funeral, kick everyone out and call the gd cops; then why, the ever lasting Fuck, was that thing anywhere that unholy plebs could get near it, let alone accidentally damage it?

This ass needs to be shamed by church and community for being irresponsible and completely devoid of empathy.

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
jeez can't imagine what the grieving family went though. if that happened to me at my mothers funeral i don't know what i would have done.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
If this were my mother's funeral I'd be the one making a public apology right now because I'd hit that fucker. Just the thought gets me a little but angry.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not seeing the racism here. I may have missed something in the video.

Asshole does not equal Racist.
Like someone else pointed out. Do the chances increase, decrease, or remain the same if this were an Irish family having a funeral for their mother? By the level of disrespect its a safe inference that priest boy is racist also. It's not that big of a leap when a majority of Americans view Black Americans unfavorably.

Oct 28, 2017
Quoting in case he deletes.

Why would I delete my post?

Like someone else pointed out. Do the chances increase, decrease, or remain the same if this were an Irish family having a funeral for their mother? By the level of disrespect its a safe inference that priest boy is racist also. It's not that big of a leap when a majority of Americans view Black Americans unfavorably.

I'm not comfortable making such assumptions. Much is assumed about me being a black man in the world and I will not be that what I stand against. Jerkface? Sure. Racist? Possible but not going that far simply because the family is black. I will be fair because that is what I want the world to be to me.

Make sense?

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I'm not comfortable making such assumptions. Much is assumed about me being a black man in the world and I will not be that what I stand against. Jerkface? Sure. Racist? Possible but not going that far simply because the family is black. I will be fair because that is what I want the world to be to me.

Make sense?
For me there's nothing "far" about calling someone a racist. It's not the irredeemable 'insult' that Americans make it out to be. Racism just is.

Calling this guy a racist isn't an assumption, under the circumstances it's an educated guess.

Revali

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Rito Village
Another church leader turns out to be a hypocrite, shocker. You can't in good faith call yourself a Christian and claim that it's your church. I hope the family was able to make peace at a place with saner leadership.

CassCade

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Of course he stuff means more to him than black people.

I really hate those stupid apologies of that's not the real me. It is the real you, you racist asshole.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

I assumed you'd delete it out of embarrassment eventually.

Make sense?

If you want the world to be more "fair", you have to use your words and actions to call out those who do exactly this. Jerkface AND racist isn't an insane combination, it is the most plausible one here. Every week there is a new story about open racism due to empowerment from the current administration and the political climate in general, and attempting to normalize said racism out of niceties or hope won't change a thing. These people deserve zero sympathy.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
God's a fucking prick though
That's not my point.

Isn't a church open for everyone because it belong to God? That's what people told me about churches.

My point is that technially he doesn't own it and anybody could come to the church if they wanted and the preist stopping them goes against his teaching.

Basically the preist is a hypocrite.

TP-DK

Oct 28, 2017
Denmark
When I read the title my first assumption was that it was a black family it happened to. He probably built up that anger from the first moment they came in.

Im just thinking if that happened at my grandfathers funeral that wasnt too long ago. I have never seen any form of violence from my family, but during such an emotional time? It would end a lot worse than this one, Im certain of it.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I can get him being angry....even if it's over a chalice. I can perhaps understand momentarily screaming at them to get out. He can still be calmed down and apologize in that moment and things can maybe proceed. But calling the dead lady a thing is nuclear. There's no coming back from saying something so awful to a group of people in such a vulnerable moment.

It's also the one thing he says that goes from "this is about my holy chalice" to "this is also about race"

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Before I even clicked on this I wondered to myself "I bet the family is black" and sure enough. Fuck this. Mother fucking racist asshole can't even let a family mourn in peace. Jesus.

Antrax

Oct 25, 2017
Two minutes can change a life. In an emergency medical situation, two minutes can save a life. But can two minutes erase a quarter-century of a person's life and commitment to serving and caring for his community and those entrusted to his care? I hope not.

Literally starts his apology with "I don't wanna get in trouble"

nopressure

Oct 28, 2017
His apology sucks lol. He didn't own up to his actions. It's not a lapse in judgement when he made a concerted decision to treat this family less than human. He disrespected the deceased, called the police and kicked them out "his" church during a funeral despite an attempted mediation.