• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
China
Notice how "he does not remember" certain things in order to give himself wriggle room should more evidence be found and yet other things he remembers in exact detail. There's go to be a paper trail of where he was at certain dates, if not him directly then his security team.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
This is horrible for the Queen's legacy. Raising a sex offender.

I think many people who support the royal family for some reason won't care.

They didn't care about her close ties to Jimmy Savile or Rolf Harris, Charles' attempt to cover up Peter Ball's crimes, and loads of other historical cases of the royal family being connected to child abuse.

Puroresu_kid

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
"Do I regret the fact that he has quite obviously conducted himself in a manner unbecoming? Yes."

Quite the way to describe a convicted sex offender.

That alone tells me that Andrew was well on board with what Epstien was doing.

For someone who claims he had no idea and took no part in this things his lack of empathy for the victims is remarkable.

His only concern is his name is being dragged through the mud, screw the victims.

The reasons Andrew gave for staying at epstiens properties are ridiculous. His a prince ffs and could stay wherever he wanted.

16bits

Apr 26, 2019
"Do I regret the fact that he has quite obviously conducted himself in a manner unbecoming? Yes."

Quite the way to describe a convicted sex offender.

That alone tells me that Andrew was well on board with what Epstien was doing.

For someone who claims he had no idea and took no part in this things his lack of empathy for the victims is remarkable.

His only concern is his name is being dragged through the mud, screw the victims.

The reasons Andrew gave for staying at epstiens properties are ridiculous. His a prince ffs and could stay wherever he wanted.

he also thought Epstein's "staff" were all underage girls, and perfectly normal.

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
IMG-20191117-131047.jpg

Oct 31, 2017
Interestingly all the Sunday scum papers here in the UK were leading with very negative headlines about him. Clearly this interview has not had the effect he hoped for.

Nerokis

Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for series 5 or 6 of The Crown.

oh god, I can see it now

a flashback, with somewhat ominous music in the background of a series of wordless scenes: we see Jeffrey Einstein and Prince Andrew laughing together at a party; party moves along, we see Prince Andrew talking to a young woman (girl?), innocently enough at first, until he places his arm around her waist; eventually, deep into the night, we see Prince Andrew and that young woman (again, girl?) seemingly leaving the party together, but then the flashback ends and the question of What Happened? is left unresolved

back to current day: we see signs, architecture, etc., etc. that indicate we are in the US, sirens, blah blah blah, we are witnessing Jeffrey Einstein's arrest; cut to the monarchy, where we see Queen Elizabeth, Prince Charles, whoever else discussing this or that important event; cut to an incredibly solemn looking servant of the Royal Household, the Lord Chamberlain or some shit, marching down the hall to deliver them the news of Epstein's arrest, which of course he'd been preparing for for years but now the time as come to deal with the skeletons in Prince Andrew's closet

skipping ahead and around: Prince Andrew is called in, and this is the first time we see his old ass self in the show; the once innocent boy is now a bumbling, nervous, arrogant fool; he continuously denies all wrongdoing, even to his own family, but somewhere in the corner of his eye, you can see the guilt manifesting; in the end, the show doesn't answer with 100% certainty what he did, but makes it obvious he did wrong, with malicious intent or out of tragic stupidity you aren't sure, and the last scene is Prince Andrew in the church, praying, with a picture of his deceased grandfather in his hands

Corrupted Honor

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Her entire lineage made their fortune on raping and pillaging lands full of men, women, and children. This is nothing for her morally, it's just embarrassing.
The joke is that they never even really do that.
I mean they were the figureheads of the British Empire when it raped the world, and some of that stolen treasure got into their pockets, but they were never really the true leaders of the country, not this house.

They're fucking grifters.

KarmaCow

Oct 25, 2017
The "I couldn't sweat back then but got cured" excuse is fucking wild. Even he was surprised by the end of his explanation.

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
What happens if I told you I can make you like Piers Morgan once in your lifetime?

Just once, and for 50 seconds, but still.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
Reading the excerpts I can't imagine how badly your PR people and lawyers would be shitting themselves after that debacle.

"I don't sweat" and "I spent 4 days breaking up" jfc just retire from public life you've lost your privileges.

Audioboxer

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
Reading the excerpts I can't imagine how badly your PR people and lawyers would be shitting themselves after that debacle.

"I don't sweat" and "I spent 4 days breaking up" jfc just retire from public life you've lost your privileges.

It's probably one of the biggest train-wreck interviews of our times. It shows the disregard the elite have for the law/classes below them that Prince Andrew actually thought the shit he cooked up to say in a broadcast interview would get him out the other end in a better light.

Then that woman above says, "hold my champagne Andrew" and goes on national television to say prostituting minors is not paedophilia. Imagine defending Epstein on national television.

jelly

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What happens if I told you I can make you like Piers Morgan once in your lifetime?

Just once, and for 50 seconds, but still.

Good on him.

Sad thing is people probably agree with her too, the papers and such doing countdowns to legality for young celebs, see Charlotte Church, no idea if they do it now but I doubt media society has changed much by preying on young celebs like peices of meat. The Mail with their think of the children pieces then on another page check out this celeb in a bikini or something.

The upper glass live on another planet, unfortuately, our planet.

Deleted member 31104

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017

His just hired PR guy quit when Andrew agreed to do the interview. I'm not even sure he has a team outside the palaces inhouse team

danowat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Apparently the 'no sweating' thing was just supposed to be a call back to his illustrious military career, just to remind people he is a war hero, and not the arrogant, thick weirdo he really is.

Soph

Oct 25, 2017
I'm absolutely perplexed. I don't even need my phd in Psychology to know he's guilty as can be. This whole interview is quite the ride.

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
Even in the 21st century we're still unable to explain why the royal family exists beyond tradition.
People still treat them as if they have innate magical presence instead of significant inbreeding.
So Andrew has always been a national embarrassment- a braying toothy caricature.
The sooner they're retired as a curiosity the better.
Even the tabloids are going to have to accept this is a costly sham one day, artificially propped up.
In fact the house of lords should go first at least the queen is powerless. The lords are more problematic and undemocratic.
Not too many voices ever speak up about it though -"tradition!"
Diana should have marked the beginning of the end for the Windsor parasites but here we are.
It makes my blood boil.
Don't see it changing anytime soon either.
No doubt Andrew gets away with this and people forget.
That's how it always goes.
King Andrew ain't happening though so at least there's that. Charles is a dunce too and am amateur architecture critic.
I'm probably going to see a new monarch in my lifetime.
Liz won't let go while she's alive.
Life's been good to her as queen. Tea, gin, hats, waving - one speech a year.
Have to laugh remembering "annus horribilis" - great use of Latin ma'am.
I shouldn't let them get to me.
My blood pressure doesn't appreciate it.
So maybe I just avoid the tabloids and threads like this.
Easy to say. Harder in practice because they're everywhere.
Life goes on.
Fin.
I C WAT U DID THAR

Acorn

Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Good on him.

Sad thing is people probably agree with her too, the papers and such doing countdowns to legality for young celebs, see Charlotte Church, no idea if they do it now but I doubt media society has changed much by preying on young celebs like peices of meat. The Mail with their think of the children pieces then on another page check out this celeb in a bikini or something.

The upper glass live on another planet, unfortuately, our planet.
They gave bloody 16 year old Charlotte church arse of the year too iirc.