• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Jason confirmed that leak from few weeks ago is real and now during podcast he said that Remake will be revealed next week (Around minute 27)

maximumfun.org

Summer News Roundup | Maximum Fun

It’s time for some news! Maddy, Jason, and Kirk talk about the summer in gaming news

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Shame it's apparently the bland-as-hell Nolan North/Elika game and not Sands of Time. I would be totally into a NEW Prince of Persia or a remake of Sands of Time but I really don't want to revisit Drake of Persia.

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
EDIT: Thought it was an original game, didn't read the "Remake" thing. ...is it seriously a remake of the 2008 one? Who the hell liked that one?

rhandino

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't the rumor this is a remake of classic Prince of Persia? they can keep it since I have it like 4 times already :party:

BigBrownBear

Oct 28, 2017
Little concerned as to how they are going to monetise this game considering all Ubisoft game now have skins and currencies you can buy.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
If it's PoP 2008, it better have a proper ending that isn't a DLC, or at least with an ending that can be played on PC:

HMD

Oct 26, 2017
I was excited for Sands of Time... That collectathon game was boring as fuck.

Ushojax

Oct 30, 2017
I really hope it is the 2008 one, I really loved the art design of that one and some better structured gameplay would be sweet. Hopefully this is not being reworked into a typical modern Ubisoft game, they need to start diversifying their gameplay offerings. I've had enough of climbing towers, clearing bandit camps and following map markers.

Oct 27, 2017
EDIT: Thought it was an original game, didn't read the "Remake" thing. ...is it seriously a remake of the 2008 one? Who the hell liked that one?

I think pretty much everyone who played it 'liked' it. I think the problem is that very few people 'loved' it (which is why it got yet another reboot to align it closer to the film a few years later).

Come to think of it, they've rebooted Prince of Persia an awful lot haven't they?

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope it is the 2008 one, I really loved the art design of that one and some better structured gameplay would be sweet. Hopefully this is not being reworked into a typical modern Ubisoft game, they need to start diversifying their gameplay offerings. I've had enough of climbing towers, clearing bandit camps and following map markers.

I mean the problem with 2008 is that the ultra handholdy, automated, no-risk gameplay IS the game. There's not really much you could fix short of completely changing the entire game design and at that point what's even valuable about 2008? It's not like the story is good.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Hope its either classic or Sands. I guess 2008 was ok but it didn't really stick with me like the others.

Also, not really sure of the point of a remake of 2008 when a simple remaster would do just fine.

Rasec

Oct 30, 2017
Portugal
That time when the prince of persia already went trought so many reboots that when people talk about a remake of the game leaves us with more questions than answers. xD

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Considering that in a lot of ways it was TLOU 5 years before ND released TLOU, I'd love for them to take another crack at the 2008 game

Niklel

Prophet of Regret
Aug 10, 2020
I need a remake of The Sands of Time
Don't fail me @ubisoft.

And after that please give me Warrior Within and The Two Thrones remakes. Those were also good games.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Shame it's apparently the bland-as-hell Nolan North/Elika game and not Sands of Time. I would be totally into a NEW Prince of Persia or a remake of Sands of Time but I really don't want to revisit Drake of Persia.
... I'm actually way happier with this.

Is it a remake, or just a port? Because that game was so close to a number of phenomenally good ideas, but not quite there.
The dozens of us who played it!

Farrac

Nov 3, 2017
Alcalá de Henares, Spain
I think pretty much everyone who played it 'liked' it. I think the problem is that very few people 'loved' it (which is why it got yet another reboot to align it closer to the film a few years later).

Come to think of it, they've rebooted Prince of Persia an awful lot haven't they?
The Forgotten Sands games were not a reboot per se, they take place in the trilogy timeline.

Nov 2, 2017
Birmingham, AL
I am really hoping it's Sands of Time.

2008 PoP is cool, but there's not many games out there like Sands of Time now. We need more 3rd person linear adventure games and less open world/semi open world games like 2008 was.

ViewtifulJC

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If it's sands of time cool

if it's the automated 2008 game that basically played itself, don't care

Nayeon

Oct 29, 2017
I was wondering what Ubisoft would release in Fall 2021. Well, guess there it is. With Asscreed and Watch_Dawgs coming this year, Fall 2021 was looking kinda empty. Unless they pull out Division 3 out of nowhere.

Vashetti

Oct 27, 2017
Ooooh baby I'm so hyped if it's the 2008 game remade. I'm sad to this day that the Epilogue was never followed up on.

CelticKennedy

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 18, 2019
I think if they are remaking PoP it will have a female lead. Idiots of the internet who probably never even played the originals will be all pissed off.