• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
There is already like 3 threads for this game, but I think this deserves its own since the game is being(rightfully) criticized:

New image as seen in this article(https://gadgets.ndtv.com/games/feat...f-time-game-india-ubisoft-pune-mumbai-2294038);
prince_of_persia_remake_interview_1599830479709.jpg

Compared with what we saw in the trailer:
Ehp7NGUXcAAo6fm

Nigh and day IMO.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
In the original screenshot, I just see Ezio

but the new build does look quite better, hoping they keep improving it. I never played the original and would like too

Xadra

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2018
Better. Still not perfect but I see some improvements.

mojo

Oct 25, 2017
halo infinite wasn't that long ago guys just hunker down and work on the game and stop trying to justify how bad it looks.

lucablight

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else hoping they take the feedback to heart and delay the game? There's no point in remaking the game if it doesn't look good.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
That's a good step in the right direction, still not there though. Maybe it's because PoP is so close to my heart, but I want it to really shine before they release it.

TheJackdog

Oct 27, 2017
this is a bad excuse I feel like we keep hearing.

if its an old build, it shouldn't of been shown and was a bad call. I get the various amounts of pressure from various places to show something, but its still a bad call.

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
I kinda liked the trailer's face of Farah....its okay now but still.

The detail and lighting looks better in the new image.

Chivalry

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Nov 22, 2018
Still looks disappointing compared to other remakes, like Mafia, but at least it doesn't look flat anymore.

Zodzilla

Oct 25, 2017
this is a bad excuse I feel like we keep hearing.

if its an old build, it shouldn't of been shown and was a bad call. I get the various amounts of pressure from various places to show something, but its still a bad call.

I could understand this pre-pandemic. But it's a lot harder to work on these things when your schedule shifts due to people working remotely. We have no idea what constraints people are going through to pull together long conference videos like what we saw.

I empathize with the devs here, since they weren't able to put their best foot forward.

Deleted member 51848

Jan 10, 2019
An old build from 2006? I jest. Let's hope for a bit more time in the oven.

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I didnt like the trailer look but now i like it way more than the new look, fuck me

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada

Lighting adds some depth, but now it's lost the "storybook" look that some people were saying was an artistic choice.

I don't understand what he's doing with his lips, though. Is he meant to be conveying uncomprehending revulsion?

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I know I'm wrong...but based on the screens in this thread I kinda like how he looks on the left more.

What a weird thing this is going to end up being.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
The top lip doesn't have muscles that would make it raise in the middle like that. Does he have a permanent frown when he closes his mouth?

Oct 27, 2017
It's so strange that they were adamant that the trailer was a stylistic choice instead of emphasizing it was an old build. Like why?

It's so strange that they're showing an old build 4 months before release. Like why?

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
I think the models are the exact same but the lighting drastically changes the scene and how they appear.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Then maybe not use that old build to reveal your game? I mean, am I crazy here?

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Does look better. Probably won't solve all the issues but it adds a lot. Main character now kinda looks like Keanu Reaves, lol

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's so strange that they were adamant that the trailer was a stylistic choice instead of emphasizing it was an old build. Like why?

It's so strange that they're showing an old build 4 months before release. Like why?

Your entire post is correct which makes this even weirder. The original presentation has alpha slapped into the corner of all shots so I thought its still a work in progress (many people here were quick to jump into my gullet about it too.) but then that article came out saying it was a stylistic choice and then now we are here.

Best I can offer is that the video was supposed to be announced earlier but was covid delayed.

I'm back to my original position of not being worried because they are still working on it.

Maffis

Oct 29, 2017
Then maybe not use that old build to reveal your game? I mean, am I crazy here?
Hey mr. game dev expert. You do know that there is a global pandemic going on and lots of people are working at home? It was obviously put together in a state they could, thanks to the circumstances.

Deleted member 17184

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Four months is a lot in game development. Hell, you could say that about just a week, depending on what you're working on.

Hanbei

Nov 11, 2017
I don't understand why Ubisoft chose to show the older build then. The goal was to get as many people as possible interested, so why didn't they show the most recent version?

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
What if they pull a bloodstained move? The first look was really bland but man they transformed it into something gorgeous. But we have to tell them that this is not how the majority envisions a remake of a beloved classic.