• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DFG

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
DCobLIs.png
This girl is banging so many dudes and you're basically fucking STUPID! Click here to see how she fuckz

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Love Sands of Time, can't wait to see what this remake looks like.

If anything I hope they fix the combat. Flip over a foe and slash them was the only move you had to do 95% of the time.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like someone turned the contrast up. lol. The real game images will probably look fine though. I wouldn't worry.

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, even if the cutscenes look just as bad as these pictures, I don't care too much about the cutscenes in this game. It's all about how these models look during gameplay with the camera placed further away. It doesn't look that bad to me, to be honest, looks like it could still look very good.

Please have good animations, though.

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
Like I said earlier, it will look good in motion I'm sure.

I actually just went on a PoP YouTube binge and I don't think the models and cutscenes in the trilogy have aged gracefully at all.

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Love Sands of Time, can't wait to see what this remake looks like.

If anything I hope they fix the combat. Flip over a foe and slash them was the only move you had to do 95% of the time.
There was a bit more to it. If I remember correctly each enemy in SoT falls quickly to a different, specific combo.

They will probably throw everything out for this remake anyways, but I did like how you could seamless incorporate the sand killing blow into some combos without having to wait until an enemy is down on the floor to kill them.

Voror

Oct 25, 2017
Not quite what I was expecting either in terms of the designs.

Also have to agree that the new dagger design isn't as good as the old one from what is seen.

Still want to see more though.

DFG

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Try not to cum in 30 seconds...but if you do, rewind time.'
"Do you wish to last more than 5mins? Introducing Sands of Time! This ability will make you avoid at just the right time to cum by rewinding... time! That's right! Earse ever having to accidently make cute Persian babies and have a good time! Buy now and you'll receive a free Warriors Within copy as well, but only if you preorder today."

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
There was a bit more to it. If I remember correctly each enemy in SoT falls quickly to a different, specific combo.

They will probably throw everything out for this remake anyways, but I did like how you could seamless incorporate the sand killing blow into some combos without having to wait until an enemy is down on the floor to kill them.
Not really, I replayed it this year and most enemies take the fall from basic combos or combining it with a parry or a jump above their heads, but in general there's not a lot of enemy variety or combinations to do fighting.

It's definitely the most necessary point of upgrade in a remake.

Mugy

Oct 28, 2017
I found it to be pretty good. Controls are great, as is the moveset. Combat is probably best in the series (it starts off a bit dull, but it improves as the game and your abilities progress). The main issue for me was the level design. It wasn't bad, and some parts were very good, but for the most part is was just... there. It worked, it had challenges, but it just felt i bit unimaginative. The game ends up being fun but unmemorable.
Sweet, so it's a complete difference game from the PS3/360 version in the end?

nexus

Oct 25, 2017
Looks a little weird but I'll hold out hope it's just a slightly awkward screen. Sands is one of my favorite games, I love the flow of it and I'm so in for a remake.

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Lmao, this seems so low effort. They should have just done a simple port job and thrown it in as a bonus in a new game instead

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Honestly, stylization controversy put aside, I remember the level design and gameplay of WW being pretty much a straight upgrade from SoT. It played *really* well.

Now this was fifteen years ago or so, so my memory may be outta whack.

No, WW has the best level design and gameplay of the series. The combat has a nice flow, the movement felt great and everything was just better than SoT.

Two Thrones has some really good ideas and is imo overall also an clear improvement over SoT, but the combat lacks that flow from WW imo.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
That art style on the banners SCREAMS cheap mobile game. Hopefully it looks better in practice.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, stylization controversy put aside, I remember the level design and gameplay of WW being pretty much a straight upgrade from SoT. It played *really* well.

I replayed the whole trilogy during this quarantine, the level design is definitely not on par with SoT, traversal wise, but in general the enviroment is pretty good. The weird part of that game is that you traverse a lot of trap hallways.

The gameplay I consider an upgrade yes, the combat is good even today and the sand powers you get are super fun. The traversal feels similar, more or less, maybe there's a couple of new animations, but in general The Two Thrones is the one that has way more traversal options.

Ahti

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 6, 2017
Can`t wait to play this. Sands of Time is one of my all-time favs.

Niklel

Prophet of Regret
Aug 10, 2020
Well, the budget certainly seems low.
Disappointing, but I'll still play it.

Deleted member 12555

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

No, you're on the money there. I've replayed it a few years ago, and the game is very, very good. About the only thing that could be better is the length. It feels like they could've cut a few things here and there, some backtracking for instance.

Otherwise, I don't know what exactly makes people so insecure about the aesthetic that they feel the need to constantly make fun of a great game 🤷‍♂️ It's a product of its time, you guys embarrassed to be caught playing it or something? It's a legit great game.

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Is it weird that a question in my mind is that if they ever do WW .... will they will bring back Godsmack? Because I really want that. It's kind of a part of my teenage years lol

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Is it weird that a question in my mind is that if they ever do WW .... will they will bring back Godsmack? Because I really want that. It's kind of a part of my teenage years lol

The only thing in WW that's Godsmack related ( as much as people pretend to ohterwise) is the instrumental of I stand alone in half of the Dahaka chases and the credits song.

That's it. Rest of it was composed by SoT's composer, Stuart Chatwood.