• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ravenwraith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The fuck

Unlock a new mode that lets you change the main player character to Prince Vorkken Ohgee, heir to the throne of the comet Rhullo and leader of the star-spanning Guyzoch Space Pirates! As Prince Vorkken, the Multi-Unite ability is replaced with "Enemy-Unite," which summons a host of "Unify Monster" alien beasts! "The Prince Vorkken" also works with the free Time Attack DLC. Use Prince Vorkken's Enemy Unite to carve out a new path, and perhaps a faster time! *Players can switch freely between normal mode and The Prince Vorkken mode after installing "The Prince Vorkken" DLC.

Apparently up on the eshop now. Will post more footage when I find some

Harpoon

Oct 27, 2017
This was an unexpected surprise. What happened to the Luka DLC from the Kickstarter?

matrix-cat

Oct 27, 2017
From the stream:

IMkewty.png

In Vorkken mode, Multi-Unite Morphs are replaced with Enemy-Unite Morphs, essentially letting you summon your own Geathjerk monsters to auto-attack for a few seconds. It looks so cool, and it's such a clever addition to the basic gameplay. I'm downloading the update now but unfortunately I don't have a graphics card that can handle the game right now lol

I'm looking forward to seeing how they handle the Vorkken bossfights when you're playing Vorkken mode. Probably too much to expect a full new bossfight against Blunder Red and the Wonderful 100; I'm guessing they'll just palette-swap boss-Vorkken like Vante in DMC3 SE.

Oct 25, 2017
They revealed this DLC during the Wonderful 101 Anniversary stream a few months back. It's not a DLC that was part of the kickstarter promises but it's a really neat edition.

Oct 25, 2017
DLC is only $1. That's insane for a substantial gameplay change.
From what I've seen, you can get some really high combos using the Enemy Morphs.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Interesting. I may have to fire up the WiiU and give this a shot!

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting. I may have to fire up the WiiU and give this a shot!

It's not on Wii U.

Yoooo...finally time for me to get this baby then. How does the game perform on PS5?

The Wonderful 101 Remastered - PS4 & PS5 | Backwards Compatible

The Wonderful 101 Remastered (PS4) news, discussion and technical details including performance, resolution & frame rate on PlayStation 5 (PS5)
Says here locked 60 so that's pretty good.

Nacho Papi

Oct 27, 2017

Host Samurai

Oct 27, 2017
I really liked this game, despite having a difficult time clicking with it. I need to give it another chance just to see the spectacle

Feb 15, 2018
As someone who bought this game recently on Switch but has not started it yet, would it be advisable to play through in the std mode first and then use the DLC for a second playthrough, or is it one that is good to just switch back and forth during your first run?

DimitriLH

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
Did they mention anything about the planned DLC mentioned in the kickstarter? I was too tired to stay awake during the whole stream, they kept going on and on about that demon game, the translator was not doing the best job either I think lol.

Edit: im talking bout the Luka stuff.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
As someone who bought this game recently on Switch but has not started it yet, would it be advisable to play through in the std mode first and then use the DLC for a second playthrough, or is it one that is good to just switch back and forth during your first run?
Absolutely play the standard version first. The controls are the thing a lot of players struggle with, and swapping between standard and Vorkken modes, where each input does a different action, would be confusing as hell if the controls don't immediately click.

Oct 25, 2017
Absolutely play the standard version first. The controls are the thing a lot of players struggle with, and swapping between standard and Vorkken modes, where each input does a different action, would be confusing as hell if the controls don't immediately click.

Plus, W101 is a game that incentivizes multiple playthroughs. Beating on Normal unlocks Hard, which changes up the enemy layout (as well as enemies hitting harder). Beating on Hard unlocks 101% Hard, which removes the Liner slowdown for faster action (and enemies hit even harder).
Beating on 101% Hard is one of the in-game achievements required to unlock Bayonetta. Unless you're lame and use the codes.
Kamiya's arcade influence shines through the whole game.

leder

Oct 25, 2017
Oh that is rad. Any framerate differences between ps4 and Switch? Need to double dip now.

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
Oh that is rad. Any framerate differences between ps4 and Switch? Need to double dip now.

I believe switch had more noticeable dips at launch but might be mistaken. I think performance across all platforms was not completely ideal though.

Yep here you go:

www.eurogamer.net

The Wonderful 101 remaster is welcome - but console performance disappoints

The Wonderful 101 is part of a last handful of Wii U exclusives to get a remaster, this month landing on Switch, PS4 an…

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen impressions that the performance on Switch isn't great, but is there anyone here that has spent time with it that can say otherwise?

leder

Oct 25, 2017

CaptainK

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
I just found out this DLC existed lol. It's kinda strange for such a niche game to add major DLC so late, but whatever, it's the perfect reason to replay it!

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
Ok so I just downloaded the DLC. Vorkken is really fun to play as. Sending out unite morphs of all the big bad guys to take on other bad guys is strangely satisfying. I'm not sure how it will work for combos though, my play style was pretty much based around pretty extensive use of multi-unite morphs so this is an adjustment. But it is fun though.

Time attack mode is great though, it auto skips all the unnecessary cut scenes and dialog so it is straight action.