• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
I disagree with that. Letting people know why its racist is very important. Just telling someone something is wrong, changes nothing and offers nothing.

But as we both agree, probably not best from Kelly, glad we see eye to eye on that at least.

Hey it worked for FOX and their demographic, Kelly left largely because of O'reillys sexual harassment. NBC wanted that pie they thought she could offer and as Subba says she just didn't bring enough to them.

what is fox news saying right now about roger ailes or bill oreillys sexual harassment or how have they rolled that into any sort of informative programming on their network?

Turtleboats

Nov 13, 2017
what is fox news saying right now about roger ailes or bill oreillys sexual harassment or how have they rolled that into any sort of informative programming on their network?
Not sure haven't followed the aftermath much but my statement was more about Kelly fucking up throughout the years at FOX and still being given chance after chance.

Tomohawk

Oct 27, 2017
Hes probably right that she was jettisoned for ratings and not what she actually said, but its pretty dumb of him to say that she needs to be involved for there to be a conversation. However i think people are playing purity tests when dismissing tyt as a whole since their litmus test would fail almost all large press organizations. Don't see how thats useful.

Deleted member 14649

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The weird thing about this is Kelly's response is far worse than the incident she was referring to. While blacking up is just flat out wrong, the costume the woman being referred to had constructed didn't really look like your typical attempt. She just looked really tanned rather than black. I disagree 100% with Kelly and am glad she lost her job, but I feel kinda sorry for the woman featured in the photo who I'm sure wasn't intending offence.

Vish

Oct 28, 2017
She wasn't fired for her words, it's just a convenient excuse for a bad contract. This it's more of a business decision, not a PC one.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Cenk's 'debate' with Tucker Carlson was some of the most embarassing shit and the biggest waste of time.

Dude Abides

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Kelly's career might be over. Right-wingers don't like her because she came at The Leader, and lefties dont like her because she sucks.

Deleted member 7130

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
TYT has been a bigger mixed bag for me recently. I'll admit. I can't defend them on Dore at all and I dissagree with both Cenk and Ana on stuff like this often, though Ana seems more fluid with her positions and will eventually come around to a good position. Cenk however, can be frustratingly tone deaf at times for indefinite periods, and I don't think he quite grasps the scope of the fascist game plan here. The point about "having the conversation" to them is to troll and errode society's aversion to these ideas - to legitimize "just asking question" rhetoric and positions. Getting caught up in "free speech" silliness or some variation of it is not seeing the forrest for the trees and it's exactly what they want. Sometimes we just have to put the hammer down on the proud boys (and girls) and not play their game because "the conversation" is completely disingenuous from the get go. Also what a goddamn "conversation" Cenk is defending here... fucking 4 white people concluding that black face was okay? Nah, Cenk. That shit needs to get shut down ASAP.

I still think TYT is doing good things overall, but man they are really stepping into some shit.

Oct 29, 2017
She wasn't fired for her words, it's just a convenient excuse for a bad contract. This it's more of a business decision, not a PC one.

That they were willing to sign her on in the first place despite this hardly being the only racist shittake she's had is proof of that. It was bound to happen again.

The way the press fawned over her in glossy profiles while sidestepping her awful behavior over the years was an embarrassment.

Deleted member 7130

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Jimmy is a idiot who pushes dumb conspiracy theory's. Most people on TYT disagree with him and have have fights with him on air. So why keep him employed?

I can totally see Dore become a bigger Frankenstein's moster than Dave Rubin. Like he's finally, made me fear that there really can be a full on dead pan Alex Jones of the left. He's a detrimental wedge on the left already that inspires non participation, apathy, and even counter productive accelerationism. Once cut loose, I fear what he might evolve into.

Sloth Guevara

Oct 27, 2017
Can't say I'm surprised that so many dems are still PISSED that tyt didn't throw all their support behind Hillary.

Just look at this thread. Lol

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Can't say I'm surprised that so many dems are still PISSED that tyt didn't throw all their support behind Hillary.

Just look at this thread. Lol
I voted for Sanders in the primary, TYT is still shit.

There are outlets that are way further left to TYT that are also much more bearable and enjoyable.

shinra-bansho

Oct 25, 2017
"Shut down discussion about why blackface is wrong"?

Wut.
It's wrong.
Wtf is there to discuss.

Kelly has a history of racist remarks and views; I have no idea why NBC hired her to begin with.

Deleted member 4346

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Shut down discussion about why blackface is wrong"?

Wut.
It's wrong.
Wtf is there to discuss.

Kelly has a history of racist remarks and views; I have no idea why NBC hired her to begin with.

Cenk's idiocy on this topic aside, I think that's my bigger concern. NBC, supposedly one of the nations "liberal" news outlets, hired a noted racist to a $69m contract. That entire situation makes me irrationally angry, Are we ever going to make racial progress in America?

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
Not all opinions are equal. I completely wrote off TYT after how they behaved during the primaries. We're much better off without them.

OP
OP
excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
The weird thing about this is Kelly's response is far worse than the incident she was referring to. While blacking up is just flat out wrong, the costume the woman being referred to had constructed didn't really look like your typical attempt. She just looked really tanned rather than black. I disagree 100% with Kelly and am glad she lost her job, but I feel kinda sorry for the woman featured in the photo who I'm sure wasn't intending offence.

Darkening your skin to dress as a black woman is blackface

This:

0405-luann-insta-bravo-810x610.jpg

This is blackface

Look at her normal complexion

OGDRNH6SRS6LOZUHCGAJAB6LGY.jpg

And that's before we touch the wig

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Hes probably right that she was jettisoned for ratings and not what she actually said, but its pretty dumb of him to say that she needs to be involved for there to be a conversation. However i think people are playing purity tests when dismissing tyt as a whole since their litmus test would fail almost all large press organizations. Don't see how thats useful.

Her ratings and the things she says are related. Also, this isn't so much a purity test as it is recognizing a group for what they fundamentally are.

Deleted member 14649

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Darkening your skin to dress as a black woman is blackface

This:

0405-luann-insta-bravo-810x610.jpg

This is blackface

Look at her normal complexion

OGDRNH6SRS6LOZUHCGAJAB6LGY.jpg

And that's before we touch the wig

I'll agree with you on the wig being suspect, but her whole body is just tanned. You wouldn't even notice her on the street as looking any different to any other tanned person. Posting a picture of her in an artificially lit studio doesn't really mean anything.

OP
OP
excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
I'll agree with you on the wig being suspect, but her whole body is just tanned. You wouldn't even notice her on the street as looking any different to any other tanned person. Posting a picture of her in an artificially lit studio doesn't really mean anything.

It's black face dude.

Just stop.

She dyed her skin to look darker as part of the costume

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
No, not even remotely close.

They have idiots like Jimmy Dore, and occasionally Cenk steps in it, but they're generally pretty good overall.
Cenk is consistently awful tho, from what I used to watch years ago, and he's even worse now. Free speech absolutists are just odd like Cenk, Bill Maher, and others. Ana is ok at least, she has missteps but not as many or as large as Cenk. It's hard to watch TYT cause he's in most of their content. I do like What The Flick cause the film critics they have are good, but that show got cancelled :(

Deleted member 7130

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cenk is consistently awful tho, from what I used to watch years ago, and he's even worse now. Free speech absolutists are just odd like Cenk, Bill Maher, and others. Ana is ok at least, she has missteps but not as many or as large as Cenk. It's hard to watch TYT cause he's in most of their content. I do like What The Flick cause the film critics they have are good, but that show got cancelled :(
Cenk is not really on Bill's level of zeal with free speech tbf. Where Bill has used it more as sheild from criticism (same with Rubin and other right wingers), Cenk belives free speech includes people being able to criticize your free speech.

OP
OP
excelsiorlef

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
Stop because I don't agree with you? Just tanning your body doesn't automatically equate to black face. You do the history of it a disservice by continuing that argument.

It is when the explicit purpose is to darken your skin for a Diana Ross costume

You do a disservice to history by pretending this is fine.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Cenk is not really on Bill's level of zeal with free speech tbf. Where Bill has used it more as sheild from criticism (same with Rubin and other right wingers), Cenk belives free speech includes people being able to criticize your free speech.
Is that his reason why Megyn shouldn't have been cancelled so others criticise her racism and fix her or something?

Deleted member 7130

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is that his reason why Megyn shouldn't have been cancelled so others criticise her racism and fix her or something?
Maybe, but he's a proponent of purely battling ideas with other ideas. That I really disagree with him on. It's a nice ideal if only the opponents were genuine actors and/or you weren't personally a target with something to lose from the republican party's race war. This is evident by Cenk recently giving Nazi ass Tucker Carlson somewhat complementary comments on the TYT show after their politicon debate. Ana interjected and saw through Carlson and wasn't giving that Nazi fuck the benefit of any doubt.

Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Maybe, but he's a proponent of purely battling ideas with other ideas. That I really disagree with him on. It's a nice ideal if only the opponents were genuine actors and/or you weren't personally a target with something to lose from the republican party's race war. This is evident by Cenk recently giving Nazi ass Tucker Carlson somewhat complementary comments on the TYT show after their politicon debate. Ana interjected and saw through Carlson and wasn't giving that Nazi fuck the benefit of any doubt.
Yikes