• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diego Renault

Nov 1, 2017
Still don't really know what this has to do with gaming perse. It's youtube celebrities taking advantage of fans for some fucked up shit. I'd figure the current situation is more at home in off-topic if anything.

I kind of agree. When I'm on gaming side I wanna get some news about gaming, not about some youtuber's personal life and things he allegedly did or not did.

Now some people could say: "but Projared plays games on his youtube channel". This is true, but he's just a regular dude, not a pro-gamer or something.

News about the Infiltration situation was more gaming related I feel, because he himself was a pro-gamer and tournaments he participated in were talked about on gaming side, e.g. him being banned in future tournaments and such.

_zoipi

One Winged Slayer
Nov 23, 2017
Madrid
He was too busy cheating on his wife so he didn't have time to review those Final Fanatsy games he loved so much, hum... That explains things. (I was waiting for his review of FF V and onwards).

Loudninja

Oct 27, 2017
I kind of agree. When I'm on gaming side I wanna get some news about gaming, not about some youtuber's personal life and things he allegedly did or not did.

Now some people could say: "but Projared plays games on his youtube channel". This is true, but he's just a regular dude, not a pro-gamer or something.

News about the Infiltration situation was more gaming related I feel, because he himself was a pro-gamer and tournaments he participated in were talked about on gaming side, e.g. him being banned in future tournaments and such.
The dont click on the damn thread this is very serious shit here more serious then some games.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

He's been to Nintendo events, covers E3 and has covered plenty of gaming events. He reviews games, he's done news, his former work place was ScrewAttack.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Dude is disgusting, done and deserves to go to jail.

On another note twitter unverified him super quick after he got exposed and got PBG for defending him. The mods on his reddit also seem to have turned on him as well to prevent him from banning people that talk about this.

1 minute into twitter "research" and I already stumble upon his dick pic with his face visible (dick censored, thankfully). Welp.
Yup.

He's a notable figure in the gaming community and bigger than a lot of

doemaaan

Oct 27, 2017
DOOD.. I was just harmlessly floating around "ProJared" tweets because it's trending on twitter right now (I didn't even know who the guy was until tonight), and someone posted a pic of him showing off his cockadoodledoo. Wtf!

Radeo

Banned
Apr 26, 2019
I pretty much hate nearly all youtubers anyway so I had no idea who he was until people starting posting his dick pics everywhere.

Fucked up

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
PlushQuestionableAlpineroadguidetigerbeetle-size_restricted.gif

Tokyo_Funk

Banned
Dec 10, 2018
Never liked him before this. His "smug guy looking over his shoulder" thumbnails always came off as pretentious and I did not like his body language/way he talked. Always came off as creepy. This just seals it.

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Stop idolizing people on YouTube who's main job is to make you think they are your best friends because of how they act in front of a camera.

Another pervert/paedo abusing their position of "power". The least surprising revelation about this industry since the last one.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I pretty much hate nearly all youtubers anyway so I had no idea who he was until people starting posting his dick pics everywhere.

Fucked up

To be fair, I don't think that account is one to talk, seeing as Matt Conn is the producer of that game, who was forced to step down as a board member of GaymerX and the CEO of Middboss (company behind Read Only Memories) for allegations of sexual abuse, underpaying workers, and workplace harassment. Somehow he just snuck back in to the industry. He stepped down only last year in March.

Radeo

Banned
Apr 26, 2019
To be fair, I don't think that account is one to talk, seeing as Matt Conn is the producer of that game, who was forced to step down as a board member of GaymerX and the CEO of Middboss (company behind Read Only Memories) for allegations of sexual abuse, underpaying workers, and workplace harassment. Somehow he just snuck back in to the industry. He stepped down only last year in March.
I didn't know this I just wanted to make a funny...

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
This whole situation is sad, but the worst thing about it is the implications that Normal Boots knew about this. It's been shown that at least one person alerted them to what he was doing, so I find it hard to believe that it wasn't swept under the rug.

And honestly, I'm not even sure it was done maliciously. I was reading PBG's tweets about the whole thing, and whilst he's making an absolute fool out of himself, it's pretty clear that he had no clue about Jared preying on fans and is basically in denial about it. I can't help but wonder if that's been happening for a while, if everyone could have done something earlier but didn't because they didn't want to accept that their friend might not be who they thought they were.

The one silver lining is that, for once, the internet seems to actually be taking an accusation like this seriously. The worst tweets I've seen basically amount to the "I'm waiting till this is all over and not taking sides" non-comment and "Well, cheating isn't that bad", which whilst a shitty take is far from the normal accusation of lying and slander most women get when they come forward. Hearing that his Reddit mods aren't covering for him is good too.

I feel like there will be more that comes from this, but I imagine that it will be about the relationship drama, and I hope that whatever happens there doesn't detract from the fact that Jared has been abusing his power for a while now. That needs to be called out, and it needs to be youtubers that are doing it.

Sandersson

Banned
Feb 5, 2018
Stop idolizing people on YouTube who's main job is to make you think they are your best friends because of how they act in front of a camera.

Another pervert/paedo abusing their position of "power". The least surprising revelation about this industry since the last one.
I quite literally have no idea what this post is trying to accomplish..

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I quite literally have no idea what this post is trying to accomplish..

Expect the worst from dodgy acting guys on YouTube, don't let your fandom of their "really cool and fun YT videos" cloud your judgement. We live in a world where fandoms will go to lengths to almost excuse anything if they feel they are best mates with a YTer.

Jakisthe

Oct 25, 2017
1. Corresponding lewds with fans, as long as they're of age and consenting, I don't care about. Private snaps are a thing, twitch streamers having lewd patreons is a thing, and adults have sexual agency. Doesn't change when it's a guy. Some kinda gross kink shaming going on in here, tbh.

2. Why is it that gaming YouTubers are so often socially incompetent manchildren? I don't just mean here in this instance, it's like...every single instance I ever heard about "YouTube drama", or even "YouTubers behind the scenes but not necessarily drama" makes them sound like high school children.

3. That Holly person going for "don't trust hyperbole from people you don't know online", immediately followed by "you can trust me; you *know* me" is some seriously gaslighty BS.

Last edited:

LostSkullKid

Nov 27, 2017
Dude had a guest appearance on a Nickelodeon show. I imagine they'll either edit the episode or pull it from rerunning completely.

NoName999

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Idolizing?

Not expecting people to send unsolicited dick pics to minors should be one of the easiest standard to jump over.

The fact that youtube gamers just can't clear it means the culture of it has a problem.

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Idolizing?

Not expecting people to send unsolicited dick pics to minors should be one of the easiest standard to jump over.

The fact that youtube gamers just can't clear it means the culture of it has a problem.

Yes, idolizing people you know very little of other than the small window into their world you see through a camera lens often doesn't work out well.

Just be aware of that and remember what you see in a perfect snippet isn't always going to be how someone acts in daily life.

The most "basic" of internet advice anyone could give someone else in the YouTube generation.

AztecComplex

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
He's been neglecting his main channel for almost a year now with exception of the one D&D video he released in December that it's been so long that I was already used to his absence. A shame really since I really liked his content but couldn't care less about his streams, I was there for his scripted videos only.

Here's a prayer so James AVGN Rolfe never goes down the drain like so many other Youtubers.

Paradax

Jun 1, 2018
I'm disappointed by PBG, but I'm willing to cut him some slack. I don't think it's easy to accept a close friend was actually a sexual predator. I just hope he realizes it sooner than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.