• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I still don't know why being a youtube "personality" is a problem here. For a lot of youtubers, their personality is essentially what they are selling and what pays their bills.

I agree with you on groupie culture. It's not a problem if it's consenting adults and there isn't any infidelity. In ProJared's case though, it's pretty gross.

I guess my issue is that to create a channel based around a personality, you've got to be pretty narcissistic already, and getting validation in the way of likes and subscribers and groupies will just make you more of a narcissistic shithead. The only "personality" I've found myself to watch a couple of times was a guy called "Shaun" that I saw linked a few times on era. From the couple I've seen he doesn't show his face at all and his personality and humor comes through his videos, but his gimmick isn't his personality imo. Also I don't subscribe or follow him at all lol I just saw a few times on here. I just am not interested at all in these kinds of people. I know it's likely an "old man yells at cloud" kind of opinion but I feel alright about it, seeing as how every personality that makes the news ends up being a scumbag.

Cup O' Tea?

Nov 2, 2017
You are simply wrong or we have different ideas of what the moral crux of this situation actually is.
There are two major components to this situation and you rightfully pointed out that sending nudes to underage fans is a much worse crime than cheating on your wife. I'm just struggling to see how Holly gets a free pass here. She's still an asshole for knowingly sleeping with a married man. She's certainly not the main villain here but an asshole nonetheless.

haziq

Oct 29, 2017
I mean... Jared's gonna have to address this at some point, right? Since he's put out that statement, he's hemorrhaged a ton of subscribers and every major partner has severed ties with him.

Can't just leave the public with radio silence.

Oct 28, 2017
As someone who's been cheated on, fuck both of them for that shit. That makes both parties awful in my eyes.
The real issue is the whole sending nudes to underage people though. That's abhorrent.

Sandersson

Banned
Feb 5, 2018
Basically this. Sure, cheating on your wife makes you an huge asshole, but this seemingly very American thing to declare someone who cheated on his wife as a persona non grata is something that A) I will never get and B) highly annoys me in the case of Jared because it seems to distract from the real issue here, namely that he is a fucking creep who has committed a legitimate crime by sending goddamn nudes to underaged kids.

Looking on Twitter and his subreddit the cheating thing is more talked about than the nudes thing. Which is the wrong way around.
I agree, I know plenty of people who have cheated and yes, its obviously wrong and shitty, but it happens for multiple reasons and is nothing compared to sending nudes to underaged children.

Can he actually go to jail this..?

Cup O' Tea?

Nov 2, 2017
I guess my issue is that to create a channel based around a personality, you've got to be pretty narcissistic already, and getting validation in the way of likes and subscribers and groupies will just make you more of a narcissistic shithead. The only "personality" I've found myself to watch a couple of times was a guy called "Shaun" that I saw linked a few times on era. From the couple I've seen he doesn't show his face at all and his personality and humor comes through his videos, but his gimmick isn't his personality imo. Also I don't subscribe or follow him at all lol I just saw a few times on here. I just am not interested at all in these kinds of people. I know it's likely an "old man yells at cloud" kind of opinion but I feel alright about it, seeing as how every personality that makes the news ends up being a scumbag.
I feel like your painting with really broad strokes here. The kind of youtubers you describe certainly exist but there are also people out there who simply created content because they were passionate about something and never expected fame or notoriety.

Glass Arrows

Jan 10, 2019
I mean... Jared's gonna have to address this at some point, right? Since he's put out that statement, he's hemorrhaged a ton of subscribers and every major partner has severed ties with him.

Can't just leave the public with radio silence.
I don't think there's anything he could say to make this situation even remotely better for himself, what he did is just too awful.

He might make one soon to try and salvage himself but his brand is radioactive now.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I agree, I know plenty of people who have cheated and yes, its obviously wrong and shitty, but it happens for multiple reasons and is nothing compared to sending nudes to underaged children.

Can he actually go to jail this..?
Charges could potentially be pressed against Jared for his soliciting of and sharing nude pics with a minor.

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
EDIT: found the screencap from my friend.

D6HKFWoW4AAgyNz.png

Some people have no fucking shame.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I guess this is something this generation of parents weren't prepared to deal with because they never had social media as a huge thing in their lives while growing up. It's a new thing and hard to manage.

Hopefully with time later generations will have better ways to be more aware of the kind of influencers their kids are consuming and/or interacting with. Not saying to take complete control of their children's privacy (this would be terrible as well), but like you said, it's pretty dangerous and there may be some better ways to not let stuff like this happen so much. Parents may have to talk more with their kids than ever before.
Eh, it depends on which generation of parents we are talking about. My parents? Absolutely, the internet was very new to them and they had no idea what was possible or how to prevent this sort of abuse. Parents of teenagers today? They should definitely know better and be more engaged on the issue, the internet has been a significant part of everyone's lived experience for over 20 years at this point.

Obviously people are still unaware of the dangers of social media, and there are constantly new things sprouting up which contribute to exploitation (snapchat being a big one), but parents need to be paying attention to what their child is doing online. Now more than ever.

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I feel like your painting with really broad strokes here. The kind of youtubers you describe certainly exist but there are also people out there who simply created content because they were passionate about something and never expected fame or notoriety.

I mean, I can only go by what I have seen on era. Obviously I admit to not following these people. I'm sure I'm a bit biased because the only thing I ever know about these guys is that they do stupid shit and lose their career about once a month. None of them seem to learn from their comrades. That's a sign of their narcissism, that they feel invincible.

Exius

Banned
Jan 15, 2019
Honestly, everyone going after Holly in this is just plain wrong . There is only one perpetrator in this situation.

How so? She knowingly consented to sex with the SO of one of her best friends. Not to mention he was also good friends with her ex husband. First part is morally wrong, second part isnt as bad but is still gross.

Obviously shes not as bad as Jared himself with all the other stuff he did, but in no way should she be free from blame.

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That reddit post got deleted, anyone have a recap?
A mid-twenties fan flirted with him over text/DMs for months, met him at a con and they had sex, continued to flirt/send nudes after that with the impression that his marriage was open, had sex with him at another con after which she felt used and he stopped talking to her.

Manipulative and shitty considering he was lying about the open marriage, but she states it was all consensual. Doesn't really compare to the abuse of minors but contributes to the cheating pattern.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
A mid-twenties fan flirted with him over text/DMs for months, met him at a con and they had sex, continued to flirt/send nudes after that with the impression that his marriage was open, had sex with him at another con after which she felt used and he stopped talking to her.

Manipulative and shitty considering he was lying about the open marriage, but she states it was all consensual. Doesn't really compare to the abuse of minors but contributes to the cheating pattern.
Thanks, I found a backup of the post after some digging. Yeah, dude is very manipulative. Scary how she mentions his demeanor changing completely after he gets what he wants. Classic predator shit.
When you're getting dunked on by DSP...you fucked up.

PigRoach outlasted another person dood! Nothing can stop this gout train!

Deleted member 11413

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks, I found a backup of the post after some digging. Yeah, dude is very manipulative. Scary how she mentions his demeanor changing completely after he gets what he wants. Classic predator shit.

PigRoach outlasted another person dood! Nothing can stop this gout train!
I think it's kind of ancillary to the main problem here, along with any of the other consensual cheating. The preying on teenagers is what's really abhorrent about all this.

Whales

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, everyone going after Holly in this is just plain wrong . There is only one perpetrator in this situation.

lol, nah

obviously what jared did is worse because of the underage nudes but lets not act like you're morally superior because you don't want to also give blame to the fucking woman who knew the guy was married and still enjoyed having sex with him anyways.

TheGift

Oct 28, 2017
Central California
How so? She knowingly consented to sex with the SO of one of her best friends. Not to mention he was also good friends with her ex husband. First part is morally wrong, second part isnt as bad but is still gross.

Obviously shes not as bad as Jared himself with all the other stuff he did, but in no way should she be free from blame.
Except for the fact that one of the underage girls went to her about Jared's actions and she gave Jared warning and the contact information for the two underage girls. She knew what was going on and still tried to protect him. She preaches about mental health and this and that, but is a complete rat behind closed doors.

Charismagik

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, when DSP burns you, you know you done fucked up
Edit: lol...I didn't even see the original poster above wrote basically the same thing

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
I mean, DSP is pretty great.

He's the guy you love to hate. The heel that feeds us all.

I've never not been entertained. He's like a lovable oaf.

Please stay sacred.

ArchedThunder

Uncle Beerus
Oct 25, 2017
Some other tweets from Normal Boots people.

Furst had a pretty good response to his defense tweets being archived.

Exius

Banned
Jan 15, 2019
Except for the fact that one of the underage girls went to her about Jared's actions and she gave Jared warning and the contact information for the two underage girls. She knew what was going on and still tried to protect him. She preaches about mental health and this and that, but is a complete rat behind closed doors.

I think we are talking about different things.

Im talking about Holly also being to blame for the infidelity.

I dont know who your talking about or what you are referencing.

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
I guess 3 years isn't long enough to forget something like that. I wonder what else from 3 years ago he would be eager to talk about, and not tell us to forget and move on. ack ack ack

Lol its the guy, I'm watching his Twitch! He's like some kind of huge pervert or something!

I mean, DSP is pretty great.

He's the guy you love to hate. The heel that feeds us all.

I've never not been entertained. He's like a lovable oaf.

Please stay sacred.

I love heels as much as the next guy, but he scams people out of their money, including those with disabilities and children. While I find his shitshow fascinating, I will be happy the day he gets kicked off Twitch and Youtube.

Last edited:

n00bs7ay3r

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
And you also know those underaged fans contacted holly in confidence about what was happening and she instead told Jared about it and gave him the girls contact information right?
I did not. If this is true then I 100 revoke any support I have given to her.

Radishhead

Oct 30, 2017
Almost 2000 posts and nobody has commented on the sad reality: even if ProJared's channel shut down tomorrow, he's already made millions of dollars from his channel - he's set for life. Life's not fair!

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
Charges could potentially be pressed against Jared for his soliciting of and sharing nude pics with a minor.

Did ProJared actually engage with a minor is his state? The age of consent is 16 in Washington and, so far, it seems like the youngest was 16? Don't get me wrong, that is disgusting, and it SHOULD be a crime, but I am just not sure if it actually was.

Whether that part is true or not I dont know why you would support someone who fucked the SO of one of their friends...

I think his argument is that she isn't a monster like Jared and shouldn't be lumped in with her. I can see the merits of that perspective. She is unquestionably a tremendous asshole (hard to deny that one).

Bakercat

Oct 27, 2017
'merica
Almost 2000 posts and nobody has commented on the sad reality: even if ProJared's channel shut down tomorrow, he's already made millions of dollars from his channel - he's set for life. Life's not fair!

Was thinking just today how the world we live in isn't built for those who follow the rules. Its like a game where you have to break the rules and cheat to win. Guys like Trump, Jared, etc can be horrible people, but end up successful nonetheless, where others who are good people follow the rules and die early without a penny to their name.

Sorry, random tangent lol

Ex-Psych

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Man some of the "Hardcore" videos PBG make has Projared in it. Will PBG just outright remove those parts or just leave them as is?

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, what about RLM?

Please don't let it be Rich. He's my spirit animal.

Hey, remember that time they reviewed Captain Marvel and in the sassy intro joked about people on one side vehemently defending Brie Larson's comments, and on the other the manchildren making countless videos complaining about her. And then they unironically proceeded to complain about her for 15 minutes.

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
I had intended to not really follow this thread but I'm kind of drawn like a moth to a flame I guess.

Anyhow, these recent posts that Holly ratted out underage fans who tried to talk to her about jared in confidence, I hadn't heard those or seen them in the thread until they came up just this last page. Where did those come from. Like there's more twitter posts about this or something I assume?

Status
Not open for further replies.