• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spman2099

Oct 25, 2017
I can't feel too good about watching a marriage car crash horrifically all over the internet, and good people can cheat, especially if they're wildly famous and have massive fan followings.

Good people can cheat? Because they have a privileged position, so of course they are going to take advantage of it? No. Absolutely not. Good people don't cheat simply because it is easy to do. Bad people do.

Zubz

Oct 25, 2017
no
It seems it's mostly because, on the side of the alt-right, he is being considered a "feminist that revealed his true colors". It's quite possible that if he didn't declared himself as such they would be on his side.

Sadly, this is it, chief. If he wasn't seen as an enemy to their community, they would be redirecting all that energy they put into Vic Mignogna now that he looks rightly boned, & use it to provide cover for Jared's pedophilia/attack his ex-wife.

Oct 31, 2017
Good people can cheat? Because they have a privileged position, so of course they are going to take advantage of it? No. Absolutely not. Good people don't cheat simply because it is easy to do. Bad people do.

This. The only instance I can think of that's acceptable is if the person is being held against their will by their spouse or something

Foot

Mar 10, 2019
Sadly, this is it, chief. If he wasn't seen as an enemy to their community, they would be redirecting all that energy they put into Vic Mignogna now that he looks rightly boned, & use it to provide cover for Jared's pedophilia/attack his ex-wife.
Yeah, they're just glad to take down "an SJW." Otherwise, like you say, they'd defend him tooth and nail.

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017
Even Doomguy knew something was off about this guy

aBjLWeR.jpg

Wolfen

User requested ban
Banned
Apr 27, 2019
User banned (1 week): concern trolling over series of posts, account in junior phase
Jared was the one to make it public when he put out that deflecting "Getting a divorce! Everything's fine, nothing to see here" statement on Twitter after...blocking Heidi on Twitter.

From what I understand, Heidi spoke about that days before Jared made his (weird and dumb) statement. She made it public first.

Good people can cheat, yes. The problem is Jared seems rotten to the core. Fishing for underaged people photos or trying to groom them is disgusting.

I implore you to please read the following post as it delves into why his cheating is also a factor into this.

I read the post in question and it doesn't really change what I think on the matter.

I don't dispute her right to make it public. ProJared is a public person and even without that element, no one has the right to contest hers. I dispute feeling the need to get involved on the cheating matter. She made it public, made other people acknowledge what he was (which is a good thing), that doesn't mean all of those people on Twitter/Facebook should get involved and jump on the case by throwing insult/hot takes and such toward Jared for the cheating. That's unneeded. It's just a matter of education, you don't put your hands in other publics affairs, especially when it comes to relationship. That's life tips 101. That's also about humility, when something like that happen, you need to react as a mature person, not jumping on it with insult/"higher than thou" attitude. You can shit on him all day long for grooming underaged people or fishing for their pictures, because that's something that put under-aged people in danger, people who are highly vulnerable, but shitting on him publicly for cheating on his wife ? Nah, it's their problem and as much as some people on internet don't want to anknowledge it, it happens, even to great people (which Jared isn't, given the other things, of course).

About the second part of the post, I still disagree on supporting people getting involved like so many do. You can show Heidi your support, which is a normal and mature thing to do. Now insulting her ex-husband for cheating, shaming him for that, making dumb memes, trying to go full "higher than thou" attitude while everyone has some skulls in their closets... all of that is just disturbing to me. Supporting Heidi is enough in my opinion, no need to go shit on Jared for the cheating part of what he has done. Especially when you can shit on him all day for grooming underaged people or just manipulating his fans to get naked pictures of them.

Eumi

Nov 3, 2017
He still hasn't responded.
He's not going to. At this point the only responses would be a public confession to criminal activity, a public denial of criminal activity (which I'm assuming is a bad thing to do? I dunno what the repercussions of that would be but I'm guessing it doesn't help) or a non-response that doesn't actually address the criminal stuff, which would probably just be his initial statement about the marriage again.

The next we hear of this guy once this calms down, he'll either be attempting a comeback or going to court.

Glass Arrows

Jan 10, 2019
He's not going to. At this point the only responses would be a public confession to criminal activity, a public denial of criminal activity (which I'm assuming is a bad thing to do? I dunno what the repercussions of that would be but I'm guessing it doesn't help) or a non-response that doesn't actually address the criminal stuff, which would probably just be his initial statement about the marriage again.

The next we hear of this guy once this calms down, he'll either be attempting a comeback or going to court.
Yeah, there's basically nothing he can say to make this situation better, his misdeeds are simply too awful. The only thing he can do is try to wait for it to blow over and then attempt a comeback, assuming he doesn't get sent to jail.

Nanashrew

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I read the post in question and it doesn't really change what I think on the matter.

I don't dispute her right to make it public. ProJared is a public person and even without that element, no one has the right to contest hers. I dispute feeling the need to get involved on the cheating matter. She made it public, made other people acknowledge what he was (which is a good thing), that doesn't mean all of those people on Twitter/Facebook should get involved and jump on the case by throwing insult/hot takes and such toward Jared for the cheating. That's unneeded. It's just a matter of education, you don't put your hands in other publics affairs, especially when it comes to relationship. That's life tips 101. That's also about humility, when something like that happen, you need to react as a mature person, not jumping on it with insult/"higher than thou" attitude. You can shit on him all day long for grooming underaged people or fishing for their pictures, because that's something that put under-aged people in danger, people who are highly vulnerable, but shitting on him publicly for cheating on his wife ? Nah, it's their problem and as much as some people on internet don't want to anknowledge it, it happens, even to great people (which Jared isn't, given the other things, of course).

About the second part of the post, I still disagree on supporting people getting involved like so many do. You can show Heidi your support, which is a normal and mature thing to do. Now insulting her ex-husband for cheating, shaming him for that, making dumb memes, trying to go full "higher than thou" attitude while everyone has some skulls in their closets... all of that is just disturbing to me. Supporting Heidi is enough in my opinion, no need to go shit on Jared for the cheating part of what he has done. Especially when you can shit on him all day for grooming underaged people or just manipulating his fans to get naked pictures of them.

I have some deep problems with this mindset because I don't know how you can easily separate the two with the information we got from Heidi and he how manipulated people to turn on her and think she was the unstable one in the relationship. That is emotional abuse. He manipulated and emotionally abused his wife. He manipulated and emotionally and sexually abused kids to get pictures from them. Everything coming out shows that behind closed doors he's emotionally abusive.

Last edited:

Ogodei

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Coruscant
Kill your heroes people. Personally I don't care that he cheated (as that's personal) and I almost don't care that he fished for nudes (as long as it was with agreeing adults but is still creepy), but the underage girls and unsolicited dick pics is inexcusable. Men are trash.

I'd not say kill your heroes, but pick your heroes based on doing good stuff as opposed to being good at doing stuff. Doesn't mean they won't have skeletons, but if their past behavior is being generally good and conscientious then I'd say they're less likely to have also done bad).

Hercule

Jun 20, 2018
Michael Landon is one of the greatest people that has ever lived. Little house on the prairie inspires many people with its lessons. Almost everyone agrees he was a extremely nice man. Even though, he cheated on his wife. No one is perfect and people are weak creatures

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
Heard Holly was helping Jared groom children too, apparently?

The allegations against Holly last I heard were this: Some of his victims reached out to her to tell her about him, and she in turn 1) did nothing positive about it and 2) likely named the victims who were speaking out too Jared so he would know who was speaking up. This is assumed because the victims were contacted by Jared shortly after they spoke with Holly, when he would have had no reason to contact them out of the blue otherwise.

BlueKoopa

Apr 28, 2019
Indiana
The allegations against Holly last I heard were this: Some of his victims reached out to her to tell her about him, and she in turn 1) did nothing positive about it and 2) likely named the victims who were speaking out too Jared so he would know who was speaking up. This is assumed because the victims were contacted by Jared shortly after they spoke with Holly, when he would have had no reason to contact them out of the blue otherwise.

I recall something about Holly giving Jared the emails of some of his victims so he could ensure they hadn't told anyone or something like that. It was in a Twitter thread I think. I might be off though. Either way I'm pretty sure she was involved in some way. Not a positive way either.

Wolfen

User requested ban
Banned
Apr 27, 2019
Her tweet revealing the affair and being blocked was posted about a half hour after Jared's "statement". Got a link to an earlier mention?

I'm not a brillant Twitter user (too old for this shit), so maybe I'm missing something here (and I probably do), but the statement of Jared is here :
https://twitter.com/ProJared/status/1126332309567942656 posted the 9.

Heidi making it public was done the 8. https://twitter.com/AtelierHeidi/status/1126339321152204801

Maybe some speak about another statement he made elsewhere or maybe there is a way to change the date of tweets, but all in all, I think she made it public first.

I have some deep problems with this mindset because I don't know how you can easily separate the two with the information we got from Heidi and he how manipulated people to turn on her and think she was the unstable one in the relationship. That is emotional abuse. He manipulated and emotionally abused his wife. He manipulated and emotionally abused kids to get pictures from them. Everything coming out shows that behind closed doors he's emotionally abusive.

What I don't understand, when it comes to the cheating part of his long case, is how can people hate Jared even more than she does herself, after living through all of that ? She said it herself that she doesn't hate him at the end of the day and wish he could get some help. How can people hate him even more than her, while not living their relationship ? She understands the situation better than random internet strangers and she reacted in a perfect way. That's why I don't support people getting involved when it comes to relationship, it's always creepy to see random internet strangers feeling the need to apply justice through hate/insult/dumb memes, like some cheap crusaders do usually. About that last point, it seems Heidi agrees :

https://twitter.com/AtelierHeidi/status/1126382793947209728

She's being far more intelligent than all the people feeling the need to get involved in the way they do.

Relationship, even abusive ones, still involve some form of complicated feelings only they can understand, since they lived it. He lied, he manipulated her, she felt awful about it, she tried to get out of it... Did he really hated her ? Wanted to hurt her that far ? Was he aware she was suffering this much ? Can you answer those questions yourself ? It's about them, it's their story. She made it public because it helps her to get it off her chest. It's not an invitation to shit on him for that particular point (cheating) and she said so herself. Now, you have all my blessing if you want to shit on him for his creepy behavior toward under-aged people, because that's not just about him and her, it's about people who are considered under-age for a very precise reason.

Gaming_Groove

Apr 4, 2018
I'm not a brillant Twitter user (too old for this shit), so maybe I'm missing something here (and I probably do), but the statement of Jared is here :
https://twitter.com/ProJared/status/1126332309567942656 posted the 9.

Heidi making it public was done the 8. https://twitter.com/AtelierHeidi/status/1126339321152204801

Maybe some speak about another statement he made elsewhere or maybe there is a way to change the date of tweets, but all in all, I think she made it public first.

What I don't understand, when it comes to the cheating part of his long case, is how can people hate Jared even more than she does herself, after living through all of that ? She said it herself that she doesn't hate him at the end of the day and wish he could get some help. How can people hate him even more than her, while not living their relationship ? She understands the situation better than random internet strangers and she reacted in a perfect way. That's why I don't support people getting involved when it comes to relationship, it's always creepy to see random internet strangers feeling the need to apply justice like some cheap crusaders. About that last point, it seems Heidi agrees :

https://twitter.com/AtelierHeidi/status/1126382793947209728

She's being far more intelligent than all the people feeling the need to get involved in the way they do.

Relationship, even abusive one, still involve some complicated feelings only they can understand, since they lived it. He lied, he manipulated her, she felt awful about it, she tried to get out of it... it's about them, it's their story. She made it public because it helps her to get it off her chest. It's not an invitation to shit on him for that particular point (cheating) and she said so herself.
You've got the dates backward. Jared's timestamp:

11:45 PM - 8 May 2019

Heidi's timestamp:

12:13 AM - 9 May 2019

Not going to respond in detail to the rest because quite honestly I'm exhausted about sharing my opinion on the cheating aspect of it, but I think you're wrong.

Wiseblood

Oct 28, 2017

Heidi's timestamp:

Not going to respond in detail to the rest because quite honestly I'm exhausted about sharing my opinion on the cheating aspect of it, but I think you're wrong.

Also she literally references Jared's announcement in her tweet.

Or maybe you're wrong. "Maybe she changed the date", are you fuckin' serious?

Last edited:

Wolfen

User requested ban
Banned
Apr 27, 2019

Heidi's timestamp:

Yes, it seems Jared talked about it earlier than her. On my screen, it shows the Jared tweet's date as the 9, and Heidi's as the 8. I don't know why, but when I click on the tweet (not just read the timeline), it displays the correct date. Not that it all matters at the end. She still decided to talk about it publicly, even if she did it after him. She even asked him to talk about it publicly (a proposition he declined).

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
Yes, it seems Jared talked about it earlier than her. On my screen, it shows the Jared tweet's date as the 9, and Heidi's as the 8. I don't know why, but when I click on the tweet (not just read the timeline), it displays the correct date. Not that it all matters at the end. She still decided to talk about it publicly, even if she did it after him. She even asked him to talk about it publicly (a proposition he declined).
Jared tried to make Heidi sign an NDA about their divorce. He wanted to control the narrative of everything going forward. She didn't comply. Imagine how confident he was of his control over her that he thought he would get away with that.

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal

In addition to the NDA mentioned above, he was also gaslighting her the entire time including blocking her and posting his "we are getting divorced" message as a way to control the narrative.

Stop trying to downplay rampant abuse, it's becoming extremely transparent.

Wolfen

User requested ban
Banned
Apr 27, 2019
In addition to the NDA mentioned above, he was also gaslighting her the entire time including blocking her and posting his "we are getting divorced" message as a way to control the narrative.

Jared tried to make Heidi sign an NDA about their divorce. He wanted to control the narrative of everything going forward. She didn't comply. Imagine how confident he was of his control over her that he thought he would get away with that.

Which has still nothing to do with any of you. It's still their story at the end. What you're saying here still doesn't justify feeling like you should be involved in the case or acting like you were personally wronged while it's none of your concern what happened within their couple.

Stop trying to downplay rampant abuse, it's becoming extremely transparent.

I don't care about downplaying anything. It's not my life, not my story and frankly, I even feel a little out of place by commenting on it, even if it's just to call out strangers feeling even angrier and being far less intelligent about it than the actual victim is. I couldn't give two shits about Projared. I don't care about his content as a youtuber and never watched him. Maybe it's also the reason I don't feel personally wronged by all of this : I wasn't one of his personal stan some days ago, before the story blow up.

That's my last comment on it. I can't say that it's their business and still comment on it further for pages and pages. If you want to get involved, if that fills your sens of "justice", be my guest. I just won't partake.

Last edited:

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
Is he going to jail? Cause it sounds like he did some "shakey" things with someone underaged. Stuff like that is unacceptable.

nomis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (1 month): Excusing racism. Long history of infractions.
Dr. Disrespect also says racist things like the "ching chong chu" type of crap. The reason he won't be hit no matter what he does is because he caters to those types of people.

no he doesn't, he actually does a pretty convincing dialect, except he doesn't actually speak the language so it's all gibberish

is he mocking them? yes. is that racist? maybe? it's also completely fucking benign compared to other influencers who are literally racist ideologues

as far as the cheating, that shit is between someone and their spouse. even if the fact that he did it and admitted it in public period sets a bad example for younger members of his audience that it's possible to be unfaithful to your spouse and still rehabilitate your relationship

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah
I really despise all this cheating downplaying.

I even despise more the hoops that some people go through to almost victim blame Heidi.

andymcc

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, OH
no he doesn't, he actually does a pretty convincing dialect, except he doesn't actually speak the language so it's all gibberish

is he mocking them? yes. is that racist? maybe? it's also completely fucking benign compared to other influencers who are literally racist ideologues

It's not benign, accepting that kind of humor is the start of normalizing racism.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017

as far as the cheating, that shit is between someone and their spouse. even if the fact that he did it and admitted it in public period sets a bad example for younger members of his audience that it's possible to be unfaithful to your spouse and still rehabilitate your relationship

Food for thought: the word "barbarian" originally meant someone whose Greek was bad, suggesting that it sounded like gibberish ("barbar" being a gibberish noise like "ching chong".) It was applied to foreigners as they didn't speak Greek, and thus it compares all of their languages to gibberish.

Now, what are you doing when you make "ching chong" noises or use the phrase "moon language"?

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Holy shit.

Doctor_Thomas

Oct 27, 2017
People trying to normalize cheating in this thread (and life) are lame. Don't do it guys. You know who you are. Please stop.
Are people normalising it? I think most people are saying they don't care, which is completely fair.

It's also not remotely the big issue here.

Let's not get caught up in interpersonal relationships when there's child porn allegations flying about.

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017

Bruh.

gogosox82

Oct 25, 2017

Why people feel the need to defend people who make clearly racist remarks is something i will never understand

Joe_Bush

Oct 27, 2017
Kansas

This is a very weird thing to post

Status
Not open for further replies.